My ancestors...

gold_studs13

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Avars, Indo-European
I'm looking to learn more about my ancestors, they were Avars(Indo-European) who lived in Hungary around 700 A.D.. I don't know much about them or their daily lives and what they were like. I'm hoping to learn more here. I know that they came from central Asia. And that's it! Anyone care to help me out? Thanks in advance! 🙂

I'm looking to learn more about my ancestors, they were Avars(Indo-European) who lived in Hungary around 700 A.D.. I don't know much about them or their daily lives and what they were like. I'm hoping to learn more here. I know that they came from central Asia. And that's it! Anyone care to help me out? Thanks in advance! ������

Bruh, Avars were not Indo-European. They were probably some kind of Turko-Mongolic group from Central Asia originally. Like the Huns before them, they may have absorbed a variety of people into their confederation along the way, including some Indo-European populations. Some people link them to the Rouran Khaganate in what is now Mongolia, but it's still debated.

There is another unrelated people called the Avars in the Caucasus region, but they are also not Indo-European speakers.

This thread has been viewed 1384 times.

Back