What is your favorite decade/era?

When I think of music, TV, cinema and social change, for me it has to be the 1960s. The Beatles, Bob Dylan, the Rolling Stones, the Kinks, Tamla Motown, Burt Bacharach, the Who, the Bee Gees, the Byrds and the Velvet Underground were all at their peak. In cinema, Sean Connery as James Bond, and directors like Fellini, Truffaut, Antonioni, Bergman, Godard, Pasolini, Losey and Kubrick were also at their peak. Not to mention playwrights like Joe Orton and Harold Pinter, and comedians like Peter Cook, Dudley Moore, Eleanor Bron and Peter Sellers. And the TV programmes: Danger Man, The Avengers, The Prisoner, Mission Impossible, The Man From UNCLE, Batman, Get Smart, Lost in Space, Star Trek, Flipper and Thunderbirds! I was aged between 5 and 15 in the 1960s, so that decade brings some nostalgic memories for me.

2000s are the best for me because there was a lot of good and useful information, books, people

Has there been anything really unique regarding music, fashion, or subculture that's original and noteworthy since the 1990s?

It seems like ever since then, popular culture has been trying to emulate the fashion of the 80s and 90s while pushing very unappealing music. Like pop artists ripping off the punk and metal fashion, yet singing really boring and uninspired R&B.

I have memories from my childhood going as far back as 1988-1989. The 1990s were a fun time for me, but distinctly remember thinking about how music and subculture being to make a change for the worse.

2000s were for me personally another fun time in my salad days. I remember going to CBGBs and Trash Bar when they still existed in NYC. However, after 9/11 and the popularity of Emo were a big negative in my book.

I bet a lot of those kids into Emo probably would have been transgender today. I remember men wearing women's pants was considered fashionable in that circle.

The 1980s outside of the.current year, i almost forgot how did we ever live without the internet

This thread has been viewed 1672 times.

Back