New Y DNA tool

FTDNA has a tool for public use that allows people to find ancient Y DNA connections and other interesting info.

https://discover.familytreedna.com/

gives me a lot of R1b matches and I am T1a-M70 ...............it is linking to K-M9, because both come from this line .............basically R1b and T1a are first cousins .................so, I will avoid the link K-M9 as its 39000 years ago

others seem fine

The youngest of my snp line is

You (T-BY143483) and Sweden Skara 231 (T-BY215080)

Share a common direct paternal line ancestor (T-Z19890) who lived around 4200 BCE (6,200 years ago).

FTDNA has a tool for public use that allows people to find ancient Y DNA connections and other interesting info.

I think it is a decent site for novices. A lot of the same information can be found by looking at the FTDNA haplotree and YFull and academic papers. Some of the stuff on the site is just fluff and some just plain misleading. If your closest match is a participant in a study such as HGDP or 1000 Genomes they don't even say it outright by YFull does.

Added the time tree to the tool. Very interesting.

bkpaqzy.jpg

Z8TzTgj.jpg

Its ok. Looks more messy to read though then Y seq and doesn't give TMRCA.
Better than not having it all though

Will have to check it out soon when I get new batteries for my mouse

Its ok. Looks more messy to read though then Y seq and doesn't give TMRCA.
Better than not having it all though

Will have to check it out soon when I get new batteries for my mouse

6SoNHsw.jpg

Yes, I looked it over.
Yes, I looked it over. Yfull is better. It has more ancient samples, I think, and also, it's more properly placed/identified within more specific clades or snps

Yes, I looked it over.
Yes, I looked it over. Yfull is better. It has more ancient samples, I think, and also, it's more properly placed/identified within more specific clades or snps

Yfull pick and choose which ancient samples to use in their trees............this is an erred system

Yfull pick and choose which ancient samples to use in their trees............this is an erred system
I dont understand. Didn't the project admins on Yfull upload the ancient samples on Yfull? Wouldn't it have accepted them? Why would it pick and choose which ancient samples can be on Yfull?
Whats the process for that?
You mean errored?

I dont understand. Didn't the project admins on Yfull upload the ancient samples on Yfull? Wouldn't it have accepted them? Why would it pick and choose which ancient samples can be on Yfull?
Whats the process for that?
You mean errored?

yfull only pick about 10% of the ancient samples ever found..............i think the only want one sample of an ancient per branch

is this an error ?

yfull only pick about 10% of the ancient samples ever found..............i think the only want one sample of an ancient per branch

is this an error ?
It has more ancient J-L283 samples than FTDNA listed I think though

This thread has been viewed 3061 times.

Back