I-M223-Z2069
mtDNA haplogroup
H95
Now ich have new recent ancestry results

[h=3]Europe (North and West)[/h]
Northeast Germanic 100 %

and also I tested my Viking-Ancestry:

95 % East-Vikings

Anybody also tested their Viking-Ancestry?

Acording to mylivingdna Viking test, I have 96% Sweden & Denmark. I am surprised because I'm R1b

I found some interesting about R1b-L21
"[FONT=&quot]Some L21 lineages from the Netherlands and northern Germany later entered Scandinavia (from 1700 BCE) with the dominant subclade of the region, R1b-S21/U106 (see below). The stronger presence of L21 in Norway and Iceland can be attributed to the Norwegian Vikings, who had colonised parts of Scotland and Ireland and taken slaves among the native Celtic populations, whom they brought to their new colony of Iceland and back to Norway. Nowadays about 20% of all Icelandic male lineages are R1b-L21 of Scottish or Irish origin".[/FONT]

When my Viking test came back as 96% I was intrigued, so I checked the data analysis on the Familytreedna (ancient Viking Skeletons) website against my own dna data. It was laborious but revealing. R1b L21 and subclades DF13,DF49, etc, appeared several times in the Swedish burials (Skara/Oland.) I was expecting to find it on the west coast of Norway, Iceland, Orkneys, Faroes, due slaves and even traders from Ireland and Scotland inhabiting these areas but not on east coast of Sweden. As you say, it would seem that some L21 entered Scandinavia before the start of the Viking age. My mtdna J1c7(C16261T) appeared in one 10th century burial on Denmark, although there were other J1c’s in other graves.

This thread has been viewed 1385 times.

Back