Slavic dna in balkans

Here are the two scenarios for Albanians, again based on the assumption that the plots from the recent study encompass all the relevant coordinates. And it should be fine, since there are no other populations unaccounted for.

Model 1, the Illyrian model. Orange circle represents the pre-Slavic Albanians. Yellow represents Slavic pull, brown Anatolian-Levant pull. For Albanians to plot where they do today, they need to mix with Middle Easterns as much as they mixed with Slavs. Not a good model, but I am sure there are people here willing to give up anything just to be Illyrian.

FCyV6Fb.png

Scenario two, that's being championed by some really cool people. Albanians come from a western Thracian related group with some Paeonian/Dardanian mixture and absorbs the remnants of the Illyrians. The orange circle here represents this Thracian population merged with the remnants of the Illyrians. Yellow represents Slavic pull, brown the Anatolian, Levant mixture.

jkJM255.png

For the Illyrian model to work, Albanians would have had to mix with Middle Easterns exclusively in the middle ages up to 1800 AD (see the Mdv and post-Mdv plots) then in the last 200 years absorbed Slavic genes. The Illyrian model also requires a lot of ME mixture to work.
The Thracian model is a lot smoother and more inline with what we know to be historically true, Albanians have experienced little ME mixture, and a stronger Slavic mixture. The Albanian Medieval plots are basically Thracian with a Slavic only pull. The other option for Medieval Albs is Illyrian with a ME pull, LOL.

Here are the two scenarios for Albanians, again based on the assumption that the plots from the recent study encompass all the relevant coordinates. And it should be fine, since there are no other populations unaccounted for.

Model 1, the Illyrian model. Orange circle represents the pre-Slavic Albanians. Yellow represents Slavic pull, brown Anatolian-Levant pull. For Albanians to plot where they do today, they need to mix with Middle Easterns as much as they mixed with Slavs. Not a good model, but I am sure there are people here willing to give up anything just to be Illyrian.

FCyV6Fb.png

Scenario two, that's being championed by some really cool people. Albanians come from a western Thracian related group with some Paeonian/Dardanian mixture and absorbs the remnants of the Illyrians. The orange circle here represents this Thracian population merged with the remnants of the Illyrians. Yellow represents Slavic pull, brown the Anatolian, Levant mixture.

jkJM255.png

For the Illyrian model to work, Albanians would have had to mix with Middle Easterns exclusively in the middle ages up to 1800 AD (see the Mdv and post-Mdv plots) then in the last 200 years absorbed Slavic genes. The Illyrian model also requires a lot of ME mixture to work.
The Thracian model is a lot smoother and more inline with what we know to be historically true, Albanians have experienced little ME mixture, and a stronger Slavic mixture. The Albanian Medieval plots are basically Thracian with a Slavic only pull. The other option for Medieval Albs is Illyrian with a ME pull, LOL.

1)Albanians have more slavic ancestry than greeks
2)How did you found all of this information?I am talking about the sources to calculate this

1)Albanians have more slavic ancestry than greeks
2)How did you found all of this information?I am talking about the sources to calculate this

Albanians have more than the Greek average. In Greece there are islanders, Arvanites and Pontiaks, who are low on Slavic mixture, the rest of the Greeks have more Slavic mixture than Albanians. That basic model is for visualizing how mainland Greeks plot to where they do.

Albanians have more than the Greek average. In Greece there are islanders, Arvanites and Pontiaks, who are low on Slavic mixture, the rest of the Greeks have more Slavic mixture than Albanians. That basic model is for visualizing how mainland Greeks plot to where they do.

I think that i have low slavic dna too because i am half sarakatsan and half pontic.Its probably true that mainland greeks have more slavic dna than albanians.But in some areas this could change.Can you answer my second question?

Croatia is basically two different countries. Northern croats are slavic and close to slovenes / czechs whereas dalmatians are closer to other balkanites serbs/romanians etc

What do you mean that "dalmatians are closer to other balkanites serbs/romanians etc"?

Under no circumstances could they be closer to other balkanites serbs/romanians etc. In Dalmatia and Herzegovina, two haplotypes I2a and R1a are strong in Croats. How can they be closer to Romanians, Serbians, Bulgarians etc when they have lower percentages of these haplotypes and stronger E1b branches.

Therefore, there are no differences in Slavic genetics between western and southern Croatia. This is common Slavic genetics, while we can also say about I2a that it probably arrived to the Balkans with the White Croats.

I think that i have low slavic dna too because i am half sarakatsan and half pontic.Its probably true that mainland greeks have more slavic dna than albanians.But in some areas this could change.Can you answer my second question?

The graph is the graph based on the latest release of data. I am only playing theoretical games on it. So we make an assumption that after 500 AD the main impulse came from Slavs, that would have shifted mainland Greeks to the present location. So how do we take a population that probably plotted near Mycenaean samples to it's present day location? A big pull in the Slavic direction seems to work pretty well. Don't expect the graph to be a perfect model, because it is based on assumptions of where 500AD Greeks would have potted, maybe Greeks plotted even further south toward the Byzantine sample, and that would require even stronger Slavic input.

In Greece there are islanders, Arvanites and Pontiaks, who are low on Slavic mixture

Mate, just a small correction.

This is a Pontiak:

iu

This is a Pontic:

efthimiadis-5.jpg

There's a difference:p.

Mate, just a small correction.

This is a Pontiak:

iu

This is a Pontic:

efthimiadis-5.jpg

There's a difference:p.

he looks like my pontic greek grandfather

Didn't Lazaridis conclude Albanians are not much changed since Bronze / Iron Age or was it Middle Ages ? Slavic blood exists but has been diminished a lot since maybe Slavs were mixed. Just look at Bulgarians.

I find it funny how just a few years ago some users across the various anthroforas were very pissy with Lazaridis conclusion on the Mycenean paper and were trying to discredit it any chance they got even in unrelated threads yet the conclusion on their people/ their favorable people in the southern ark paper ( of different time periods at that) ,which is very similar as an idea, is to be taken as an absolute unquestioned truth...

I find it funny how just a few years ago some users across the various anthroforas were very pissy with Lazaridis conclusion on the Mycenean paper and were trying to discredit it any chance they got even in unrelated threads yet the conclusion on their people/ their favorable people in the southern ark paper ( of different time periods at that) ,which is very similar as an idea, is to be taken as an absolute unquestioned truth...

For me it's the first time I hear of this guy.

It also looks like many Greeks aren't that changed.

Didn't Lazaridis conclude Albanians are not much changed since Bronze / Iron Age or was it Middle Ages ? Slavic blood exists but has been diminished a lot since maybe Slavs were mixed. Just look at Bulgarians.

i think they have 75-85% of their ancestry before slavs

The graph is the graph based on the latest release of data. I am only playing theoretical games on it. So we make an assumption that after 500 AD the main impulse came from Slavs, that would have shifted mainland Greeks to the present location. So how do we take a population that probably plotted near Mycenaean samples to it's present day location? A big pull in the Slavic direction seems to work pretty well. Don't expect the graph to be a perfect model, because it is based on assumptions of where 500AD Greeks would have potted, maybe Greeks plotted even further south toward the Byzantine sample, and that would require even stronger Slavic input.

When you say "shifted mainland Greeks to present location" what actual ancestral components are you considering because I'm assuming your using EEF, Steppe, HG, Caucasus, Levantine as your baseline in comparing ancients to moderns. When you look at those Logkas 2 and 4 samples you see substantial Steppe (comparable to modern Greeks) so who's to say that the higher Steppe wasn't in mainland Greece prior to the Slavic expansion. We honestly don't even know what was going on in continental Greece during the Hellenestic and early Byzantine period. There could have been all sorts of pastoral movement from North to South in rural Greece which was "wide open" and essentially ignored by historians . I agree the Slavs could have raised the level of Steppe in mainland Greece to over 30% (which is what you see in areas of the Peloponnese), however, I still maintain that those levels could have brought to the South by Greeks themselves.

Your article's content seems to pique the interest of quite a few readers, and I must say that I am quite impressed with your post. I am looking forward to reading more of your excellent articles.

Croatia is basically two different countries. Northern croats are slavic and close to slovenes / czechs whereas dalmatians are closer to other balkanites serbs/romanians etc

It's interesting, I noticed that for some reason a lot of people tend to think of Croatians just by the coastal and Dalmatian kind (which are more native and Mediterranean leaning), and forget about the bulk of the population in the inner part of the country that is a lot more Slavic, similar to Central Euro West Slavs. As in the most direct descendants of the actual Croat tribe are more around Slavonia and Zagreb rather than the Adriatic coast which is so iconic to foreigners.

This thread has been viewed 9709 times.

Back