Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slavic dna in balkans

Ethnic group
    Sarakatsani,Pontic Greek

Slavic dna in balkans

Is slavic dna in balkans so high? we will start with autosomal dna of balkanic countries. Στιγμιότυπο οθόν&#951.jpg
    (Vahaduo)
    Στιγμιότυπο οθόν&#951.jpg
    (K13 Balkan)

Now we will see Y-DNA
    Slavic_Europe.png
    So we can divide into 3 categories the slavic dna in balkan countries.

Categorie 1:Slovenia,Croatia,Bosnia (countries with a lot of slavic dna)
    Categorie 2:Serbia,Montenegro,Romania,Bulgaria,North Macedonia (countries with a big minority of slavic dna)
    Categorie 3:Albania,Greece (countries with low slavic dna)

Ethnic group
    Sarakatsani,Pontic Greek

i messed up with the placement of the pictures lol

1 members found this post helpful.

Kari, where is Pidhi ?

Ethnic group
    Sarakatsani,Pontic Greek

Quote Originally Posted by 1337 View Post
    Kari, where is Pidhi ?
    what is pidhi?

Ethnic group
    Sarakatsani,Pontic Greek

Thank you for this information

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    what is pidhi?
    Pidhi is pidhi.

Ethnic group
    Sarakatsani,Pontic Greek

Pidhi is pidhi.
    explain this to me

explain this to me
    https://www.majstro.com/dictionaries...-English/pidhi

Now guess what 'Kari' means ?

Ethnic group
    Sarakatsani,Pontic Greek

my name is konstantinos karagiannis.kara+giannis.kara means black in turkish.My friends call me by the nickname kari or kara

Now we will see Y-DNA
    Slavic_Europe.png
    So we can divide into 3 categories the slavic dna in balkan countries.

Categorie 1:Slovenia,Croatia,Bosnia (countries with a lot of slavic dna)
    Categorie 2:Serbia,Montenegro,Romania,Bulgaria,North Macedonia (countries with a big minority of slavic dna)
    Categorie 3:Albania,Greece (countries with low slavic dna)
    I am not sure how reliable is this categorization. According to it, there are more slavic genes in Romania, compared to Bulgaria. And according to it, the Albanian population has almost the same amount of slavic genes compared to Bulgarians. I doubt this.

Ethnic group
    Sarakatsani,Pontic Greek

Quote Originally Posted by Bgtrak View Post
    I am not sure how reliable is this categorization. According to it, there are more slavic genes in Romania, compared to Bulgaria. And according to it, the Albanian population has almost the same amount of slavic genes compared to Bulgarians. I doubt this.
    Romanians has more slavic admixture than bulgarians. Categorie 1 is 30-40% slavic admixture.Categorie 2 is 20-30% and categorie 3 is 10-20%.https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Bosnia has the most Slavic dna in the Balkans, correct?

Croatia is basically two different countries. Northern croats are slavic and close to slovenes / czechs whereas dalmatians are closer to other balkanites serbs/romanians etc

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2b-L283>Y52453

Quote Originally Posted by nitrolic View Post
    Croatia is basically two different countries. Northern croats are slavic and close to slovenes / czechs whereas dalmatians are closer to other balkanites serbs/romanians etc
    All of the groups you are listing are Slavic and trace their ancestry to the early medieval Slavic migrations.

Quote Originally Posted by mount123 View Post
    All of the groups you are listing are Slavic and trace their ancestry to the early medieval Slavic migrations.
    Romanians arent slavic. Dalmatians and Serbs likewise, despite speaking slavic languages have a heavy paleo balkanic dna component

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2b-L283>Y52453

Quote Originally Posted by Bgtrak View Post
    The map depicts the percentage of Slavic YDNA in each European country, Maciamo based it on certain papers I guess.

Needless to say there are papers from international certified population geneticists one should read. Either way, from all of the papers on Slavs in the Balkans the percentage of male Slavic parental lines usually ranges from 60 to 80 % in Western South Slavs (Serbs, Croats, Bosnians). The autosomal DNA picture is similar meaning in Western South Slavs usually between 60-70+ Slavic. As far as I have seen from papers on North Macedonians and Bulgarians the Slavic majority DNA in both parental lines and autosomal DNA is just a bit lower.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2b-L283>Y52453

Romanians arent slavic. Dalmatians and Serbs likewise, despite speaking slavic languages have a heavy paleo balkanic dna component
    It would be great if you stopped with these misinformation troll posts. There are scientific papers and none of these support such a baseless pseudo-scientific statement.

I-Y3120 and R1a-Z283 are not local Balkan lineages and the autosomal DNA of the Slavs you've mentioned is clearly Slavic. These are the result of the Slavic migrations into the Balkans in the early medieval.

Ethnic group
    Sarakatsani,Pontic Greek

Quote Originally Posted by mount123 View Post
    It would be great if you stopped with these misinformation troll posts. There are scientific papers and none of these support such a baseless pseudo-scientific statement.

I-Y3120 and R1a-Z283 are not local Balkan lineages and the autosomal DNA of the Slavs you've mentioned is clearly Slavic. These are the result of the Slavic migrations into the Balkans in the early medieval.
    Why to use y-dna tho? Autosomal dna is better to see the ethnicity estimate of a population.

Mainland Greeks have much more Slavic mixture than is admitted. Based on the results so far, it requires a strong Slavic pull to make the mainland Greeks overlap with modern Albanians. If we are to take the plots from the recent study as encompassing all the relevant coordinates, than the hypothetical mainland Greek population from the Roman era would have to be battered with Slavic input to end up where it is today.
    My model below. Brown circle, an assumption where pre-Slavic mainland Greeks might have plotted. Yellow is Slavic pull, brown is Anatolian pull. Some of that Slavic pull can actually be southern Italian colonist the Byzantines brought back to Greece after they exiled some Slavs to Anatolia. The Anatolian pull is the enteral Levant and Anatolian genes that have been gradually creeping in since Roman times. It continued in Byzantine and Ottoman times, and even the modern times with the Pontiak Greeks.

Here are the two scenarios for Albanians, again based on the assumption that the plots from the recent study encompass all the relevant coordinates. And it should be fine, since there are no other populations unaccounted for.

Model 1, the Illyrian model. Orange circle represents the pre-Slavic Albanians. Yellow represents Slavic pull, brown Anatolian-Levant pull. For Albanians to plot where they do today, they need to mix with Middle Easterns as much as they mixed with Slavs. Not a good model, but I am sure there are people here willing to give up anything just to be Illyrian.

Scenario two, that's being championed by some really cool people. Albanians come from a western Thracian related group with some Paeonian/Dardanian mixture and absorbs the remnants of the Illyrians. The orange circle here represents this Thracian population merged with the remnants of the Illyrians. Yellow represents Slavic pull, brown the Anatolian, Levant mixture.

For the Illyrian model to work, Albanians would have had to mix with Middle Easterns exclusively in the middle ages up to 1800 AD (see the Mdv and post-Mdv plots) then in the last 200 years absorbed Slavic genes. The Illyrian model also requires a lot of ME mixture to work.
    The Thracian model is a lot smoother and more inline with what we know to be historically true, Albanians have experienced little ME mixture, and a stronger Slavic mixture. The Albanian Medieval plots are basically Thracian with a Slavic only pull. The other option for Medieval Albs is Illyrian with a ME pull, LOL.

Ethnic group
    Sarakatsani,Pontic Greek

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoRevenge View Post
    Here are the two scenarios for Albanians, again based on the assumption that the plots from the recent study encompass all the relevant coordinates. And it should be fine, since there are no other populations unaccounted for.

Model 1, the Illyrian model. Orange circle represents the pre-Slavic Albanians. Yellow represents Slavic pull, brown Anatolian-Levant pull. For Albanians to plot where they do today, they need to mix with Middle Easterns as much as they mixed with Slavs. Not a good model, but I am sure there are people here willing to give up anything just to be Illyrian.

Scenario two, that's being championed by some really cool people. Albanians come from a western Thracian related group with some Paeonian/Dardanian mixture and absorbs the remnants of the Illyrians. The orange circle here represents this Thracian population merged with the remnants of the Illyrians. Yellow represents Slavic pull, brown the Anatolian, Levant mixture.

For the Illyrian model to work, Albanians would have had to mix with Middle Easterns exclusively in the middle ages up to 1800 AD (see the Mdv and post-Mdv plots) then in the last 200 years absorbed Slavic genes. The Illyrian model also requires a lot of ME mixture to work.
    The Thracian model is a lot smoother and more inline with what we know to be historically true, Albanians have experienced little ME mixture, and a stronger Slavic mixture. The Albanian Medieval plots are basically Thracian with a Slavic only pull. The other option for Medieval Albs is Illyrian with a ME pull, LOL.

1)Albanians have more slavic ancestry than greeks
    2)How did you found all of this information?I am talking about the sources to calculate this

1)Albanians have more slavic ancestry than greeks
    2)How did you found all of this information?I am talking about the sources to calculate this

Albanians have more than the Greek average. In Greece there are islanders, Arvanites and Pontiaks, who are low on Slavic mixture, the rest of the Greeks have more Slavic mixture than Albanians. That basic model is for visualizing how mainland Greeks plot to where they do.

Ethnic group
    Sarakatsani,Pontic Greek

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoRevenge View Post
    Albanians have more than the Greek average. In Greece there are islanders, Arvanites and Pontiaks, who are low on Slavic mixture, the rest of the Greeks have more Slavic mixture than Albanians. That basic model is for visualizing how mainland Greeks plot to where they do.
    I think that i have low slavic dna too because i am half sarakatsan and half pontic.Its probably true that mainland greeks have more slavic dna than albanians.But in some areas this could change.Can you answer my second question?

Ethnic group
    Croatian

What do you mean that "dalmatians are closer to other balkanites serbs/romanians etc"?

Under no circumstances could they be closer to other balkanites serbs/romanians etc. In Dalmatia and Herzegovina, two haplotypes I2a and R1a are strong in Croats. How can they be closer to Romanians, Serbians, Bulgarians etc when they have lower percentages of these haplotypes and stronger E1b branches.

Therefore, there are no differences in Slavic genetics between western and southern Croatia. This is common Slavic genetics, while we can also say about I2a that it probably arrived to the Balkans with the White Croats.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast