Slavic dna in balkans

Kari

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Sarakatsani,Pontic Greek
Y-DNA haplogroup
I2a
Is slavic dna in balkans so high? we will start with autosomal dna of balkanic countries. Στιγμιότυπο οθόν&#951.jpg
(Vahaduo)
Στιγμιότυπο οθόν&#951.jpg
(K13 Balkan)

Now we will see Y-DNA
Slavic_Europe.png
So we can divide into 3 categories the slavic dna in balkan countries.

Categorie 1:Slovenia,Croatia,Bosnia (countries with a lot of slavic dna)
Categorie 2:Serbia,Montenegro,Romania,Bulgaria,North Macedonia (countries with a big minority of slavic dna)
Categorie 3:Albania,Greece (countries with low slavic dna)

i messed up with the placement of the pictures lol

Now we will see Y-DNA
View attachment 13481
So we can divide into 3 categories the slavic dna in balkan countries.

Categorie 1:Slovenia,Croatia,Bosnia (countries with a lot of slavic dna)
Categorie 2:Serbia,Montenegro,Romania,Bulgaria,North Macedonia (countries with a big minority of slavic dna)
Categorie 3:Albania,Greece (countries with low slavic dna)

I am not sure how reliable is this categorization. According to it, there are more slavic genes in Romania, compared to Bulgaria. And according to it, the Albanian population has almost the same amount of slavic genes compared to Bulgarians. I doubt this.

I am not sure how reliable is this categorization. According to it, there are more slavic genes in Romania, compared to Bulgaria. And according to it, the Albanian population has almost the same amount of slavic genes compared to Bulgarians. I doubt this.

Romanians has more slavic admixture than bulgarians. Categorie 1 is 30-40% slavic admixture.Categorie 2 is 20-30% and categorie 3 is 10-20%.https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c4syEbs-ROa09LRKFl40mIYpRKTYGRuuGV9h134SjI0/edit?usp=sharing

Croatia is basically two different countries. Northern croats are slavic and close to slovenes / czechs whereas dalmatians are closer to other balkanites serbs/romanians etc

Croatia is basically two different countries. Northern croats are slavic and close to slovenes / czechs whereas dalmatians are closer to other balkanites serbs/romanians etc
All of the groups you are listing are Slavic and trace their ancestry to the early medieval Slavic migrations.

All of the groups you are listing are Slavic and trace their ancestry to the early medieval Slavic migrations.

Romanians arent slavic. Dalmatians and Serbs likewise, despite speaking slavic languages have a heavy paleo balkanic dna component

The map depicts the percentage of Slavic YDNA in each European country, Maciamo based it on certain papers I guess.

Needless to say there are papers from international certified population geneticists one should read. Either way, from all of the papers on Slavs in the Balkans the percentage of male Slavic parental lines usually ranges from 60 to 80 % in Western South Slavs (Serbs, Croats, Bosnians). The autosomal DNA picture is similar meaning in Western South Slavs usually between 60-70+ Slavic. As far as I have seen from papers on North Macedonians and Bulgarians the Slavic majority DNA in both parental lines and autosomal DNA is just a bit lower.

Romanians arent slavic. Dalmatians and Serbs likewise, despite speaking slavic languages have a heavy paleo balkanic dna component
It would be great if you stopped with these misinformation troll posts. There are scientific papers and none of these support such a baseless pseudo-scientific statement.

I-Y3120 and R1a-Z283 are not local Balkan lineages and the autosomal DNA of the Slavs you've mentioned is clearly Slavic. These are the result of the Slavic migrations into the Balkans in the early medieval.

It would be great if you stopped with these misinformation troll posts. There are scientific papers and none of these support such a baseless pseudo-scientific statement.

I-Y3120 and R1a-Z283 are not local Balkan lineages and the autosomal DNA of the Slavs you've mentioned is clearly Slavic. These are the result of the Slavic migrations into the Balkans in the early medieval.

Why to use y-dna tho? Autosomal dna is better to see the ethnicity estimate of a population.

Mainland Greeks have much more Slavic mixture than is admitted. Based on the results so far, it requires a strong Slavic pull to make the mainland Greeks overlap with modern Albanians. If we are to take the plots from the recent study as encompassing all the relevant coordinates, than the hypothetical mainland Greek population from the Roman era would have to be battered with Slavic input to end up where it is today.
My model below. Brown circle, an assumption where pre-Slavic mainland Greeks might have plotted. Yellow is Slavic pull, brown is Anatolian pull. Some of that Slavic pull can actually be southern Italian colonist the Byzantines brought back to Greece after they exiled some Slavs to Anatolia. The Anatolian pull is the enteral Levant and Anatolian genes that have been gradually creeping in since Roman times. It continued in Byzantine and Ottoman times, and even the modern times with the Pontiak Greeks.

GfJ5JAu.png

This thread has been viewed 9708 times.

Back