Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-Z2103
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U7a4

Ethnic group
    Iranian

4 members found this post helpful.

Ancient DNA from Mesopotamia

Ancient DNA from Mesopotamia suggests distinct Pre-Pottery and Pottery Neolithic migrations into Anatolia

Connecting genes and history

Stories about the peopling—and people—of Southern Europe and West Asia have been passed down for thousands of years, and these stories have contributed to our historical understanding of populations. Genomic data provide the opportunity to truly understand these patterns independently from written history. In a trio of papers, Lazaridis et al. examined more than 700 ancient genomes from across this region, the Southern Arc, spanning 11,000 years, from the earliest farming cultures to post-Medieval times (see the Perspective by Arbuckle and Schwandt). On the basis of these results, the authors suggest that earlier reliance on modern phenotypes and ancient writings and artistic depictions provided an inaccurate picture of early Indo-Europeans, and they provide a revised history of the complex migrations and population integrations that shaped these cultures. —SNV
    Abstract

We present the first ancient DNA data from the Pre-Pottery Neolithic of Mesopotamia (Southeastern Turkey and Northern Iraq), Cyprus, and the Northwestern Zagros, along with the first data from Neolithic Armenia. We show that these and neighboring populations were formed through admixture of pre-Neolithic sources related to Anatolian, Caucasus, and Levantine hunter-gatherers, forming a Neolithic continuum of ancestry mirroring the geography of West Asia. By analyzing Pre-Pottery and Pottery Neolithic populations of Anatolia, we show that the former were derived from admixture between Mesopotamian-related and local Epipaleolithic-related sources, but the latter experienced additional Levantine-related gene flow, thus documenting at least two pulses of migration from the Fertile Crescent heartland to the early farmers of Anatolia.

https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/science.abq0762

Ethnic group
    Italian

Thank you very much, Anfanger.

Finally! Mesopotamia!

My God, Lazaridis has been really quiet for a long time for a very good reason; he's been really busy!

It's an embarrassment of riches to use an old saying; I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed, but I will read it carefully.

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13

Anyone can see Y-DNA results? Mesopotamia is more than welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Anfänger View Post
    Ancient DNA from Mesopotamia suggests distinct Pre-Pottery and Pottery Neolithic migrations into Anatolia

Connecting genes and history

Stories about the peopling—and people—of Southern Europe and West Asia have been passed down for thousands of years, and these stories have contributed to our historical understanding of populations. Genomic data provide the opportunity to truly understand these patterns independently from written history. In a trio of papers, Lazaridis et al. examined more than 700 ancient genomes from across this region, the Southern Arc, spanning 11,000 years, from the earliest farming cultures to post-Medieval times (see the Perspective by Arbuckle and Schwandt). On the basis of these results, the authors suggest that earlier reliance on modern phenotypes and ancient writings and artistic depictions provided an inaccurate picture of early Indo-Europeans, and they provide a revised history of the complex migrations and population integrations that shaped these cultures. —SNV
    Abstract

We present the first ancient DNA data from the Pre-Pottery Neolithic of Mesopotamia (Southeastern Turkey and Northern Iraq), Cyprus, and the Northwestern Zagros, along with the first data from Neolithic Armenia. We show that these and neighboring populations were formed through admixture of pre-Neolithic sources related to Anatolian, Caucasus, and Levantine hunter-gatherers, forming a Neolithic continuum of ancestry mirroring the geography of West Asia. By analyzing Pre-Pottery and Pottery Neolithic populations of Anatolia, we show that the former were derived from admixture between Mesopotamian-related and local Epipaleolithic-related sources, but the latter experienced additional Levantine-related gene flow, thus documenting at least two pulses of migration from the Fertile Crescent heartland to the early farmers of Anatolia.

https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/science.abq0762
    Wow, finally Mesopotamia. Thanks for the great paper.
    “If anyone can refute me—show me I’m making a mistake or looking at things from the wrong perspective—I’ll gladly change. It’s the truth I’m after, and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance.” – Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book VI, 21

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Thank you very much, Anfanger.

Finally! Mesopotamia!

My God, Lazaridis has been really quiet for a long time for a very good reason; he's been really busy!

It's an embarrassment of riches to use an old saying; I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed, but I will read it carefully.
    I second that.

Ethnic group
    Italian

Thanks, Anfänger!

Is the paper behind a paywall?

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-A12332*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    W6*

2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by lockdownboredom View Post

All 3 PDFs: https://we.tl/t-w2KerbTN9U

Quote Originally Posted by eupator View Post
    All 3 PDFs:
    Legend, thanks a bunch.

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by lockdownboredom View Post
    You must thank eupator

https://we.tl/t-w2KerbTN9U

Edit

I was replying in another thread and did not see that you had already replied, eupator

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-Z2103
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U7a4

Ethnic group
    Iranian

You're welcome guys!

Unfortunately, as I expected, there is no DNA from Sumerian sites but from further north in Upper Mesopotamia and the samples from the southern Caucasus are all already mixed with Anatolian_Neolithic DNA. I hoped that there were samples from 6500-6000BC but not in the southern arc papers.

Here is the PCA:

Attachment 13523

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2-M223
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H2A3

Ethnic group
    Italian-Sicily-South

Quote Originally Posted by eupator View Post
    eupator: Many Thanks for the pdf versions of the papers.

Distance to: IRQ_Nemrik9_PPN_I6445
    1.14161134 IQ_Babylon
    1.18688463 IQ_Anbar
    1.20103194 Kurdish_Jew
    1.23508165 IQ_Maysan
    1.24857567 IQ_Wasit
    1.26972512 IQ_Arab_Ninevah
    1.29633377 IQ_Mandean
    1.32909358 IQ_Basra
    1.37354897 Iranian_Jew
    1.37885556 IQ_Marsh_Arabs

Distance to: IRQ_Nemrik9_LBA_I6441