Gedmatch kit number

Kari

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Sarakatsani,Pontic Greek
Y-DNA haplogroup
I2a
How can i see the admixture of a person by using his gedmatch kit number?

Do you have a Gedmatch account? You can run his # thru the various calculators there...unless they've changed this feature. One could do everything with any uploaded result there (except downloading the raw file, of course)...

Do you have a Gedmatch account? You can run his # thru the various calculators there...unless they've changed this feature. One could do everything with any uploaded result there (except downloading the raw file, of course)...

1)I want to take an ancestrydna test and i want to see my admixture.I have downloaded the admixturestudio.exe.How can i take the file of my dna to upload it there?
2)I have seen a lot o fpeople who can find the admixture of a person with only the gedmatch kit number.For example they can find the admixture of a mycenaean by using this:Z004092

1.Take the test at AncestryDna. Wait for the results to get ready. Log into your account , go to your name in the upper right corner-->click Account Settings-->Scroll down to Data management and hit "Doenwload your data" . Hm, weird...not working atm for me but anyway...the Raw Data will be in .zip format (it's a .txt file actually).
2.Create an account at Gedmatch and upload the .zip Raw data(no need to unzip). Will be ready in a matter of a day (might be faster now).
2 Run your Gedmatch Account number (or any number, like Z004092 through any of the tools there- calcs, matching etc.) Same goes for Admixture Studio (you may need to unzip the file to .txt format, I don't remember)

Thing is you're restricted to whatever calculators are available in GedMatch. If you want your G25 coordinates etc. you need to have the Raw file run through some other services...what was the name of the company (DNA Genics? Or Illustrative?) ...or contact the Polish guy who is behind this thing(other members will help here).
You can also use one of the Gedmatch or Admixture Studio calculators to get a somewhat altered version of G25 coordinates but I do not know how they compare to the "genuine" ones (never done it).

Found a short video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bLMpLI3n_s

1)I want to take an ancestrydna test and i want to see my admixture.I have downloaded the admixturestudio.exe.How can i take the file of my dna to upload it there?

Have you taken a DNA test yourself? You need to upload the raw data file from your DNA test to Gedmatch.

1.Take the test at AncestryDna. Wait for the results to get ready. Log into your account , go to your name in the upper right corner-->click Account Settings-->Scroll down to Data management and hit "Doenwload your data" . Hm, weird...not working atm for me but anyway...the Raw Data will be in .zip format (it's a .txt file actually).
2.Create an account at Gedmatch and upload the .zip Raw data(no need to unzip)

Other companies will work too, like 23andMe. If you're more interested in GEDmatch admixture tools, and/or G25, and not so much in what AncestryDNA tells you, just go with the cheapest DNA testing company.

Right now that does appear to be AncestryDNA, but only because of a sale going on.

Have you taken a DNA test yourself? You need to upload the raw data file from your DNA test to Gedmatch.

i will take an y-dna test and an autosomal one

2.Create an account at Gedmatch and upload the .zip Raw data(no need to unzip). Will be ready in a matter of a day (might be faster now).
2 Run your Gedmatch Account number (or any number, like Z004092 through any of the tools there- calcs, matching etc.) Same goes for Admixture Studio (you may need to unzip the file to .txt format, I don't remember)

Thing is you're restricted to whatever calculators are available in GedMatch. If you want your G25 coordinates etc. you need to have the Raw file run through some other services...what was the name of the company (DNA Genics? Or Illustrative?) ...or contact the Polish guy who is behind this thing(other members will help here).
You can also use one of the Gedmatch or Admixture Studio calculators to get a somewhat altered version of G25 coordinates but I do not know how they compare to the "genuine" ones (never done it).

Found a short video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bLMpLI3n_s

thank you!I will screenshot this to remember the message

Kari, depending on how far you'd want to go exploring (and the funds of course) you may want to consider some options :

1.have a simple test that would give you a basic estimate of your y- and mt- haplogroups ,autosomal file + relative matching + company ancestry estimate (23andme for example...75 - 100 USD...or LivingDNA)

2.have just the autosomal test + matching +ancestry estimate (FTDNA,AncestryDNA,MyHeritage etc). Prices vary from 49 to 99 USD

3.Want #2 + somewhat deeper Y-dna test- the most convenient option remains FTDNA. They keep the sample for future use so you don't need to send a new one everytime you order an upgrade. So 49 +99 for y-37 STR markers (active promotion at the moment) :
https://www.familytreedna.com/products/y-dna#compare
You can always upgrade to a Big-Y at another sale (quite often during the year...will cost you another 339 USD + 100 + 49 USD if you want to upload the result to Yfull.com).

4. ...or just take your time, collect the funds and jump on a x30 WGS test like Nebula (299 USD):
https://nebula.org/whole-genome-sequencing-dna-test/
This will give you :
-your Y-dna and mt-dna HG subclades
-autosomal file that you can upload to Gedmatch or transfer here and there after it has been converted to an appropriate format
-opt in for some detailed health info (if you care about this).
This option however present some technical challenges due to the size of the files. Another 100 USD may be necessary to get the files into useable format by external services (I am uncertain whether Nebula started offering file conversions etc....they should imo).

So please take your time and consider all options depending on your interest and fund availability.

Kari, depending on how far you'd want to go exploring (and the funds of course) you may want to consider some options :

1.have a simple test that would give you a basic estimate of your y- and mt- haplogroups ,autosomal file + relative matching + company ancestry estimate (23andme for example...75 - 100 USD...or LivingDNA)

2.have just the autosomal test + matching +ancestry estimate (FTDNA,AncestryDNA,MyHeritage etc). Prices vary from 49 to 99 USD

3.Want #2 + somewhat deeper Y-dna test- the most convenient option remains FTDNA. They keep the sample for future use so you don't need to send a new one everytime you order an upgrade. So 49 +99 for y-37 STR markers (active promotion at the moment) :
You can always upgrade to a Big-Y at another sale (quite often during the year...will cost you another 339 USD + 100 + 49 USD if you want to upload the result to Yfull.com).

4. ...or just take your time, collect the funds and jump on a x30 WGS test like Nebula (299 USD):
This will give you :
-autosomal file that you can upload to Gedmatch or transfer here and there after it has been converted to an appropriate format
This option however present some technical challenges due to the size of the files. Another 100 USD may be necessary to get the files into useable format by external services (I am uncertain whether Nebula started offering file conversions etc....they should imo).

So please take your time and consider all options depending on your interest and fund availability.

which dna test is better to tell my autosomal dna?i want to use the files to use them in an admixture studio.I want to use them in vahaduo too.

More experienced users will tell you.

My guess would be
1.the autosomal file you'd get from a WGS test(after being converted to a proper format)...times more snps.
2.A "Superkit" autosomal file you can make combining 2 or more autosomal files from different companies using Gedmatch
3.In 2017 it was AncestryDNA ,before that an old version ( v3 of 23andme?) ...now I am not sure.

Here some stats:
https://isogg.org/wiki/Autosomal_DNA_testing_comparison_chart

See in first graph how much snp overlap there is among the different versions of the companies' results. One would like to see as much overlap as possible.
https://isogg.org/wiki/Autosomal_SNP_comparison_chart

As for G25 coordinates, I believe all raw files work (FT, AncestryDNA, 23andme etc.)

More experienced users will tell you.

My guess would be
1.the autosomal file you'd get from a WGS test(after being converted to a proper format)...times more snps.
2.A "Superkit" autosomal file you can make combining 2 or more autosomal files from different companies using Gedmatch
3.In 2017 it was AncestryDNA ,before that an old version ( v3 of 23andme?) ...now I am not sure.

Here some stats:
https://isogg.org/wiki/Autosomal_DNA_testing_comparison_chart

See in first graph how much snp overlap there is among the different versions of the companies' results. One would like to see as much overlap as possible.
https://isogg.org/wiki/Autosomal_SNP_comparison_chart

As for G25 coordinates, I believe all raw files work (FT, AncestryDNA, 23andme etc.)

i ll probably do ancestry.dna.I can use my dna data in gedmatch,vahaduo etc

This will give you :

As i can see,you know a lot about autosomal dna.I want to ask you a question.How can i find the autosomal dna of an ancient person?

I don't consider myself knowledgeable...played a bit years ago with whatever tools were available at Gedmatch and that was it.

Enthusiasts download autosomal files of ancient samples from scientific publications and format them so they can be used with the various calculators by mere mortals...or convert them into g25 coordinates to plot them... Some folks used to upload quite a bit of ancient samples to Gedmatch back then (I am not sure whether they're marked as such). Also on Anthrogenica some users have collected a good deal of g25 coordinates ,just download them and play on...
If you're interested in a specific sample, you need the accession # to download it from the server (+ a certain program and decent hardware). But there is a good chance the file (or coordinates) are already "out there"...

As i can see,you know a lot about autosomal dna.I want to ask you a question.How can i find the autosomal dna of an ancient person?

Some is uploaded to gigadb, some to the European Nucleotide Archive

google.com/search?q=site:eupedia.com+gigadb.org

google.com/search?q=site:eupedia.com+ebi.ak.uk/ena

You can browse some academic websites, eg David Reich's lab

reich.hms.harvard.edu/datasets

I don't consider myself knowledgeable...played a bit years ago with whatever tools were available at Gedmatch and that was it.

Enthusiasts download autosomal files of ancient samples from scientific publications and format them so they can be used with the various calculators by mere mortals...or convert them into g25 coordinates to plot them... Some folks used to upload quite a bit of ancient samples to Gedmatch back then (I am not sure whether they're marked as such). Also on Anthrogenica some users have collected a good deal of g25 coordinates ,just download them and play on...
If you're interested in a specific sample, you need the accession # to download it from the server (+ a certain program and decent hardware). But there is a good chance the file (or coordinates) are already "out there"...

Do you know an admixture studio to download?

Some is uploaded to gigadb, some to the European Nucleotide Archive

google.com/search?q=site:eupedia.com+gigadb.org

google.com/search?q=site:eupedia.com+ebi.ak.uk/ena

You can browse some academic websites, eg David Reich's lab

reich.hms.harvard.edu/datasets

how can i download it from harvard

This thread has been viewed 3760 times.

Back