Mmiikkii

Reaction score
Ethnic group
southern EUROPEAN
https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/448829v1.full

I wanted to comment on this paper, it shows something that striked me.

Mal'ta site is already a very Eastern site for what you'd expect to be an ancestor of Europeans. It's in lake Baikal.

View attachment 13539

But in this study, a 31k ya skeleton from the Yana site, in the Arctic coast! Carries Y-DNA P1, and mtDNA U'2'3'4'7'8'9(this one really surprised me in such an eastern location).

To put that into perspective, millenia before Mal'ta, we have someone from the same group of peoples, some sort of "ethnic family", living in the Russian Far North.

Not only family, it's very likely an ancestor??? Because they have haplogroup P(ancestral to R), and a U clade that's ancestral to pretty much every clade outside Western Eurasia. Haplogroup U2 in India and Russia, U7 in Iran, U4 in N/NE Europe...

But after the LGM, we have a population substitution. Paleosiberians, the ancestors of Native Americans, populate N. E Eurasia, carrying a great(majority) portion of Eastern Eurasian ancestry.
As we know the Q and R haplogroup males descend from the same population.
It's the new females that changed the genetic composition.

We have haplogroup B, that even from the same root as U, it diverged into E. Asians as early as 40kya(Tianyuan), also haplogroup A.
As well as C and D, which stem from M macrohaplogroup.

In a nutshell, Siberia is more or less populated by the same men, they just took other women, it sounds odd, but that's exactly what happened.

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/448829v1.full
I wanted to comment on this paper, it shows something that striked me.
Mal'ta site is already a very Eastern site for what you'd expect to be an ancestor of Europeans. It's in lake Baikal.
View attachment 13539
But in this study, a 31k ya skeleton from the Yana site, in the Arctic coast! Carries Y-DNA P1, and mtDNA U'2'3'4'7'8'9(this one really surprised me in such an eastern location).
To put that into perspective, millenia before Mal'ta, we have someone from the same group of peoples, some sort of "ethnic family", living in the Russian Far North.
Not only family, it's very likely an ancestor??? Because they have haplogroup P(ancestral to R), and a U clade that's ancestral to pretty much every clade outside Western Eurasia. Haplogroup U2 in India and Russia, U7 in Iran, U4 in N/NE Europe...
But after the LGM, we have a population substitution. Paleosiberians, the ancestors of Native Americans, populate N. E Eurasia, carrying a great(majority) portion of Eastern Eurasian ancestry.
As we know the Q and R haplogroup males descend from the same population.
It's the new females that changed the genetic composition.
We have haplogroup B, that even from the same root as U, it diverged into E. Asians as early as 40kya(Tianyuan), also haplogroup A.
As well as C and D, which stem from M macrohaplogroup.
In a nutshell, Siberia is more or less populated by the same men, they just took other women, it sounds odd, but that's exactly what happened.
They were 75% Krem Czech UP related. U is the typical EEMH mtDNA. ANE were very mobile populations due to the terrain of the Mammoth steppe, maybe that contributed to their relative sucess. Most other HG population were geographically quite limited hence the higher genetic hetrozygosity between two neighbouring but different HG compared to modern day geographically adjecent populations.

This thread has been viewed 1294 times.

Back