Elite member

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b - L21/S145*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H3c

Ethnic group
    more celtic

Quote Originally Posted by Rico33 View Post
    I think people in Western Europe have inherited these features as well, just generally more diluted, like British isles. Some people happen to inherit enough "exotic" dna to look this way.
    Very possible, and everywhere, at low levels. That said, this man has some uncommon "taste" in his facial features, but I find hard to determine precisely this "taste" origin. And yes, Hungary is the first impression I got, nothing more.

Elite member

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b - L21/S145*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H3c

Ethnic group
    more celtic

It's not pseudo of someone has central Asian traits but is western European. It would be absurd to assume that people with these traits have central Asian ancestry if they come from Hungary, Turkey or something. That is like saying from a certain point it suddenly becomes a coincidence when people have these traits, in a small place like Europe.

Wes Borland also is of scottish decent and shows "exotic" traits as well.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=wes+...ih=609&dpr=1.5

The admixture happened in central Europe and then descendants migrated to the British isles.

Besides, is there a study that explicitly DENIES that people with these features have it from central Asian admixture?
    Not to co,tradict you concerning the first man incause, but for Borland (an American whose I ignore the complete ancestral making) I see nothing evocating 'central-asian'* ancestry
    *:to be defined, in fact: some 'europoid' mix with a taste of 'east-asian' of any sort?

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H-5a

Ethnic group
    New England

That is because you see only people with stereotypical "chincky" traits as having central asian admixtures.
    There are example of wide eyed people who still have an Asian "pull" in their features and bone structure.
    And central Asian also assumes Iranic traits, besides "mongoloid".

And I don't see what's wrong with my attitude, so it must the argument itself that you don't like for some mysterious reason.
    Yes,that is what i ment by central asian, more like iranian,not so much east Asian.

Sent from my LGL322DL using Tapatalk

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H-5a

Ethnic group
    New England

I did read the posts ,and i started this post. I wanted to know what he looked like, his ethnicity might be ,not for people to look it up on the internet. Like guessing. Because he looked different than normal Western Europeans.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-L23

Ethnic group
    Romanian

Idk, he's got a long angular face, kind of reminds me of those Modigliani paintings.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H-5a

Ethnic group
    New England

There is definitely some exotic look to him that doesn't belong in most of Europe.

Elite member

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b - L21/S145*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H3c

Ethnic group
    more celtic

Finally some remarks were not stupid: one could see some I-Afghan input + very light taste of 'east-asian' (?) among more common features. But as we know, some unusual combinations of uniquely 'europoids' subgroups could produce "exotic" features.
    Concerning the aim of these threads, yes, it's preferable to play without to know the origin of the person, where could be the fun otherwise?

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H-5a

Ethnic group
    New England

Quote Originally Posted by MOESAN View Post
    Finally some remarks were not stupid: one could see some I-Afghan input + very light taste of 'east-asian' (?) among more common features. But as we know, some unusual combinations of uniquely 'europoids' subgroups could produce "exotic" features.
    Concerning the aim of these threads, yes, it's preferable to play without to know the origin of the person, where could be the fun otherwise?
    Maybe the as you said "uniquely 'europoids' subgroups could produce "exotic" features" is yamnaya phenotypes from the grasslands of central asia/ ukraine?

Elite member

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b - L21/S145*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H3c

Ethnic group
    more celtic

Quote Originally Posted by calf View Post
    Maybe the as you said "uniquely 'europoids' subgroups could produce "exotic" features" is yamnaya phenotypes from the grasslands of central asia/ ukraine?

I wasn't specially thinking in them. I saw only ONE Yamnaya man's skull todate, or read some "serious" abstracts but in them very vaguely described Yamnaya people without skulls measures, so I know little. Yamnaya men apparently were as a mean high and robust, with features bewteen 'east-mediter' types (I translate with caution 'irano-afghan') and some mean of 'europoid' HG's badly defined, except thay had strong "brutal" bones structures, with so said "large and rather broad" faces; my feeling is that in East the HG's were broader for cheekbones (byzygoma) than for lower jaw (bigonial). We may say the HG's heritage was a bit stronger than the southern one. Uneasy to me to say more, except I suppose that some very light Siberian ('north-asian') input was present (some traces acquired during the Steppes neolithic with eastern input).

At first glance he struck me as a "regular White" American dude with a little Native American admixture.

Ethnic group
    Italian

Your first glance guess seems pretty accurate to me. :)

People obsess on one feature, when it is the totality of the features which tell you the origin of a person. It helps if you've seen in real life a lot of people of that ethnicity, which, in the case of American "mutts", most Europeans have not.

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-DF27/R-Y45921

1 members found this post helpful.
    Maybe so exotic like the young Roger Waters

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Duarte View Post
    Maybe so exotic like the young Roger Waters

Excellent.

A Pink Floyd fan? Me too. :)

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-DF27/R-Y45921

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Excellent.

A Pink Floyd fan? Me too. :)
    That’s wonderful, Angela. I love Pink Floyd too. I have all the band's records, including the originals on vinyl. My son is also a die-hard fan of the band and plays several string instruments inspiring himself in Roger Waters and David Gilmour. These are instant pictures that I taken now of the bedroom of my son, taking advantage of him not at home right now because is working out of home today , lol. The painting on the bedroom wall, displayed above the headboard, is a representation of the most important albums in Pink Floyd's history.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    Rare e-fgc7391 972AD
    MtDNA haplogroup
    h3ap

To me something of the
    Shape of his eyes and nose
    Remind me of haydrich
    What can i do thats the vibe i get sorry

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rein...d_Heydrich.jpg
    Direct paternal line : mizrahi from damascus
    Ftdna path
    E-M96>CTS9083>P147>P177>M215>M35>Z827>CTS10298>PF196 2>M123>M34>L795>S11835>S12033>S11956>S11168>S10483 >BY96055

Ethnic group
    Italian

Yeah, I see it a bit. Of course, to me, he actually just looks part Ashkenazi, which he was famously rumored to be. Grandparent or great-grandparent; I forget.

I had a choir director who looked just like him.

Ethnic group
    Italian

I may be guilty of just seeing what I knew to be there, of course. Even his nose is more of a Roman nose than anything else.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    Rare e-fgc7391 972AD
    MtDNA haplogroup
    h3ap

He was a monster who killed
    My people
    But yes he was the closest thing to the aryan ideal
    Have to admitt

Sorry, Angela but what makes you so sure that Driver is nothing but Northwestern European or solely Dutch, English, German, Irish, and Scottish because WIKI says so? In my opinion, he has very likely significant exotic admixture down the line, and it‘s not about pigmentation. There are plenty of dark Northwestern European folks but they don‘t look like Driver. His facial features are way too atypical as far as I‘m concerned. And I have been several times to Britain. He looks like some random Southern American football players I‘ve seen when watching football. Besides, Wiki not seldom edits or changes the info about the ethnic background of celebrities or politicians. The thing is, Wiki can only go by the sources they get and it doesn‘t mean that they have complete or accurate info about the heritage of people. In fact, Wiki pointed out that concerning Adam Driver that they don't have good sources about his ethnic background. The bottom line is, that we can't make a definitive statement or rule out that Adam Driver has non-European admixture. To me it's obvious that he's not of full European descent and he looks it.

From Wiki about A.D.

Driver was born on November 19, 1983,[5] in San Diego, California,[6] the son of Nancy Wright (née Needham), a paralegal, and Joe Douglas Driver.[7][8] He has Dutch, English, German, Irish and Scottish ancestry.[9][better source needed] His father's family is from Arkansas and his mother's family is from Indiana. His stepfather, Rodney G. Wright, is a minister at a Baptist church.[10][11] When Driver was seven years old, he moved with his older sister and mother to his mother's hometown Mishawaka, Indiana, where he graduated from Mishawaka High School in 2001.[12][13] Driver was raised Baptist, and sang in the choir at church.[14]

“If anyone can refute me—show me I’m making a mistake or looking at things from the wrong perspective—I’ll gladly change. It’s the truth I’m after, and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance.” – Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book VI, 21

Y-DNA haplogroup
    Rare e-fgc7391 972AD
    MtDNA haplogroup
    h3ap

He looks european but from
    The balkan ( not britain)
    I wouldnt be that surprised if adam driver
    Belonged to y haplogroup e-v13

Only when casually looking at Roger Waters and Adam Driver, one gets the impression that they resemble each other. However, when you take a closer look at them it gets obvious that they have pretty much different bone structure/ facial features. The shape of their jaw/chin is nothing alike. It‘s intriguing to see over and over again how people‘s classification of individuals can be screwed by the background info (accurate or not) they read in online research. Anyway, Driver can pass as a "white" Southern American/Hispanic with visible Non- Euro input. And I bet that basically, nobody would spontaneously view him as a full-blown Northernwestern European-looking individual but as at least part something else. Nonetheless, Wiki and other online research only show him having Dutch, English, German, Irish and Scottish ancestry. Hence why people are now inclined to think he just looks like a "dark" Northwestern European. It's amazing how the judgment of people can be so easily influenced by what they hear and read on the internet. Although Roger Waters has a particular look he still looks pretty much European and people with his facial bone structure are not totally uncommon. It‘s for a reason that Adam Driver's fans and other people are speculating about his Native American roots whereas others mistook him for a Jewish man. In my opinion, he is obviously admixed. It's not easy to pinpoint the kind of "exotic" admixture he probably has but I'd go with Amerindian. Roger Waters btw reminds me a bit of young Schwarzenegger.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    Rare e-fgc7391 972AD
    MtDNA haplogroup
    h3ap

Driver remind me of this great north italian
    Footballer albertini
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deme..._Albertini.JPG

http://www.sporting-heroes.net/footb...o-1998_a19405/

As i said before driver look european but from balkan
    I

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kingjohn View Post
    He looks european but from
    The balkan ( not britain)
    I wouldnt be that surprised if adam driver
    Belonged to y haplogroup e-v13
    Funny, I think he looks R or Q.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    Rare e-fgc7391 972AD
    MtDNA haplogroup
    h3ap

Quote Originally Posted by saraman View Post
    Funny, I think he looks R or Q.
    I could be wrong big time

Ethnic group
    Italian

^^Better comment than most of those on this thread.

I was in a bad mood, so I'll be more diplomatic.

Just looking at him "blind", I wouldn't immediately think, oh, he's part Central Asian or something. He just looks like a decidedly unattractive southerner to me.

Looking him up, it turns out that his mother is from Indiana, and his father from Little Rock Arkansas. They were committed Baptists who met at Bible College. Those are not, or at least were not, places where you'd find a lot of exotic foreigners.

If he has any "exotic" ancestry it would either be African-American or American Indian. I don't see anything African in him at all, so perhaps there might be some Indian, of which he might or might not be aware.

Bottom line, it's much ado about nothing.

I don't understand the consuming interest on anthrofora about him. Like I said: "American mutt", which includes bits of American Indian and SSA for some people.
    Last edited by Angela; 13-10-22 at 05:35.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast