calf

Reaction score
Ethnic group
New England
Y-DNA haplogroup
R-1b
mtDNA haplogroup
H-5a
What ethnicities does he look like or look like he is from? Guess by looking at him,not search engine.
3a24c7066835ad3e2ed553cef985a91f.jpg
e09881e4de2a263afefdefa1b556273b.jpg
5e0ce5fab8028d3968a8171e8abbb1ff.jpg
bbf963d9643ac5d67c0843d3a0a274f6.jpg
e81db03b6cc25d162ef7ec59d8dfd9c5.jpg

Sent from my LGL322DL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
He looks Balkan to me with some western European mix

I don't think he looks Balkan at all. He looks exactly what he is: Northwest European.

The first image that popped into my mind was Sir Francis Walsingham, the spymaster of Elizabeth I.

93ee3c8491.jpg

That's not quite right, though. Diver's features are more southwestern Germanic or Swiss German, perhaps. Put a beard on him and he wouldn't look out of place among the Amish. That's it; that's what's always niggled at the back of my mind when I looked at him.

Just darken his hair and eyes.

young-man-retro-style-with-red-heart-on-chest-picture-id611107048

db1f560bf111240d2baa1d98efed7ca9.jpg

For what it's worth, I think Diver is an excellent actor.

I don't think he looks Balkan at all. He looks exactly what he is: Northwest European.

The first image that popped into my mind was Sir Francis Walsingham, the spymaster of Elizabeth I.

93ee3c8491.jpg

That's not quite right, though. Diver's features are more southwestern Germanic or Swiss German, perhaps. Put a beard on him and he wouldn't look out of place among the Amish. That's it; that's what's always niggled at the back of my mind when I looked at him.

Just darken his hair and eyes.

young-man-retro-style-with-red-heart-on-chest-picture-id611107048

db1f560bf111240d2baa1d98efed7ca9.jpg

For what it's worth, I think Diver is an excellent actor.

I know some Serbian people that look somewhat like him.I would mostly say hes some form of western Euro and the Amish part isnt that far

I think he looks off for Western Europe, and indeed i can see him more as Balkanian than Western European.

He looks like an unusual mixture of dark central European types with nordic robustness.

He's probably a typical white American of mixed European ethnicity.

I decided to look it up:

"Driver was born on November 19, 1983,[5] in San Diego, California,[6] the son of Nancy Wright (née Needham), a paralegal, and Joe Douglas Driver.[7][8] He has Dutch, English, German, Irish and Scottish ancestry."

Needham is derived from Needham England, and Driver is derived from a Dutch name.

As I said: mainly Northwest European.

I have no idea why anyone would think there aren't dark Northwest Europeans.

OK? but I could have thought in somebody with some Hungarian touch too... Everyone can mistake! LOL

OK.

Tried this site. Maybe 4, 14, 33?
https://www.thefamouspeople.com/hungarian-scientists.php

How much German is in Hungarians, anyway? A lot of them look like southern Germans to me.

Imo, Mawle is still closer, just lighter. Also, better looking. To be honest, charming as I find him to be, and great actor, Adam Driver has a bit of a hodge-podge irregular face, which would fit with being generally "American mutt".

I was not thinking in a "mean" Hungarian (if there is something like that!) or "typical" Hungarian but I think some associations of traits can be more easily found among Hungarian, people of overwhelmingly 'Europoid' dominance but with some extra exotic traits found more often among East-Central Europeans.

Thanks for the docs, and yes, they show their complicated ethnogenesis on external features, sometimes.

What ethnicities does he look like or look like he is from? Guess by looking at him,not search engine.
3a24c7066835ad3e2ed553cef985a91f.jpg
e09881e4de2a263afefdefa1b556273b.jpg
5e0ce5fab8028d3968a8171e8abbb1ff.jpg
bbf963d9643ac5d67c0843d3a0a274f6.jpg
e81db03b6cc25d162ef7ec59d8dfd9c5.jpg

In this photo he has a little bit of a Afghanistan look. Only his outer face shape is off for there. The last photo i am referring to.

I'd say central Asian mixed with Western European.

Great. Except that isn't his ancestry by any stretch of the imagination had you read all the posts.

West European people are quite mixed actually.

Indeed, but France and Germany and Great Britain, countries from which he draws his genetic ancestry, are not 50% Central Asian, or probably not even a few percent Central Asian.

When you get admixture from a lot of countries, even if they are all northwestern or western Europeans, a sort of "pseudo" similarity can show in your appearance.

That may be what Calf is seeing, although I don't see it at all myself.

I just see a rather funny looking American "mutt", as I said.

This thread has been viewed 9353 times.

Back