Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ben Shapiro is R1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by firetown View Post
    I am curious about Ben's Scorsese eyebrows as I have them as well.
    I'm not sure. There may be a specific allele for them, but on the other hand, maybe it just has to do with how generally "hairy" you are, i.e. men with lots of chest and/or back hair as well as hair on their arms and legs tend to have thicker eyebrows?

Of course, that hypothesis can't be airtight. My husband isn't hairy at all except on his legs and arms and he has beautiful thick eyebrows. They aren't long, though, i.e. the individual hairs, and not curly so he's never trimmed them. He has thick, long, luxurious eyelashes too. Ah, and here's me with the eyebrow pencil and mascara! :)

Thick eyebrows and eyelashes, and also large eyes, are very prized in West Asia. If they don't have them they pencil them in. I don't know if they grow more and are trimmed as they get older.

It's definitely not just a West Asian thing, though.

I can definitely understand if these men cut them, but clearly they don't.
    Donald Sutherland:

John LeCarre:

King Charles has a bit of that going on as well, I think.

Maybe with age they grow more, like noses can sometimes mysteriously seem to do, or ears on men in particular.

Now, if they looked like this, it would be a pity to cut them or do anything to them, imo.

To each their own, but I don't like the tweezed look which was in for a while. Perhaps I'm just not used to it.

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Elite member

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b - L21/S145*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H3c

Ethnic group
    more celtic

it seems some loci manage a general trend where some others rule only local features (even hair, colour, bones structures...). BI the rather bulbous forehead can be transmitted independantly of the other skull features, and this is true for other traits (earlobes ASO...)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    I'm not sure. There may be a specific allele for them, but on the other hand, maybe it just has to do with how generally "hairy" you are, i.e. men with lots of chest and/or back hair as well as hair on their arms and legs tend to have thicker eyebrows?

Of course, that hypothesis can't be airtight. My husband isn't hairy at all except on his legs and arms and he has beautiful thick eyebrows. They aren't long, though, i.e. the individual hairs, and not curly so he's never trimmed them. He has thick, long, luxurious eyelashes too. Ah, and here's me with the eyebrow pencil and mascara! :)

Thick eyebrows and eyelashes, and also large eyes, are very prized in West Asia. If they don't have them they pencil them in. I don't know if they grow more and are trimmed as they get older.

It's definitely not just a West Asian thing, though.

I can definitely understand if these men cut them, but clearly they don't.
    Donald Sutherland:

John LeCarre:

King Charles has a bit of that going on as well, I think.

Maybe with age they grow more, like noses can sometimes mysteriously seem to do, or ears on men in particular.

Now, if they looked like this, it would be a pity to cut them or do anything to them, imo.

To each their own, but I don't like the tweezed look which was in for a while. Perhaps I'm just not used to it.
    Looking at Donald Sutherland and John LeCarre hits home hard. Mine are more like John's, but even worse as they curl down into my eyes so trimming is not just a vanity thing.
    I have a weird situation where body hair is present only on a few areas of my body, but grows insanely fast.
    If I don't trim anything, I look like a completely different person.

Ethnic group
    Italian

Looking at Donald Sutherland and John LeCarre hits home hard. Mine are more like John's, but even worse as they curl down into my eyes so trimming is not just a vanity thing.
    I have a weird situation where body hair is present only on a few areas of my body, but grows insanely fast.
    If I don't trim anything, I look like a completely different person.
    Nothing wrong with men taking care of themselves, imo: dieting, a trim or pluck here and there, or even waxing if necessary, a manicure for men who don't work with their hands, nice, well-fitting clothes. Maybe it's coming from Italy where men are peacocks, and marrying someone who has more clothes than I do. :)

Seriously, it has nothing to do with masculinity. Men who could afford it looked like this at a certain point: Charles II of England.

He had 13 illegitimate children by 7 mistresses, becoming an ancestor to much of the British aristocracy. His bed chamber must have had a revolving door.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-U152>Z56>S47>Z44
    MtDNA haplogroup
    K1a

Ethnic group
    European-Amerimutt (Northwest European ancestry, German paternity)

A bit off topic but I predict Jordan Peterson's haplogroup as R1a... or I1 as a secondary choice.
    Most specific Ydna: R-Z44>CTS8949

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotnick View Post
    A bit off topic but I predict Jordan Peterson's haplogroup as R1a... or I1 as a secondary choice.
    maybe r1b
    https://web.facebook.com/drjordanpet...9/?_rdc=1&_rdr

Ethnic group
    southern EUROPEAN

He doesn't look Nordic to me.
    I bet for I2, G2. And I think G2 will be a better option.

Banned

Lol what.....?

Banned

You guys really derailed this one...

Banned

R1b is sounds more likely. I’d say he looks pretty R1b.

Banned

Josh Peck from Drake and Josh, I never liked that guy. I could see him being R1b as well.
    Just gave me an overall R1b vibe.

Edit: Ashkenazic surname 'Speck' on FTDNA comes under so called Iberian clade R-DF27.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by saraman View Post
    Josh Peck from Drake and Josh, I never liked that guy. I could see him being R1b as well.
    Just gave me an overall R1b vibe.

Edit: Ashkenazic surname 'Speck' on FTDNA comes under so called Iberian clade R-DF27.
    Hahaha.... very funny, you think sounds like S-pic. now you are finally out of here....

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

Ethnic group
    Italian

An idiot thread comes to a close. Your haplogroup doesn't determine what you look like.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123