Ethnic group
    southern EUROPEAN

And the maternal haplogroup???
    I will guess is a K.

Also, where's thw video, isn't in YouTube

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SUPREEEEEME View Post
    Got a source or any other details?
    One of his relatives told me. It showed him in his relative list.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mmiikkii View Post
    And the maternal haplogroup???
    I will guess is a K.
    Also, where's thw video, isn't in YouTube
    It wasn't K if I remember correctly.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J-L70
    MtDNA haplogroup
    HV1b2

Quote Originally Posted by saraman View Post
    One of his relatives told me. It showed him in his relative list.
    How do you know that it is the Ben Shapiro and not just a Ben Shapiro. For example, I've just search through my AncestryDNA matches, and there are several Ben Shapiro's.

Ethnic group
    southern EUROPEAN

How do you know that it is the Ben Shapiro and not just a Ben Shapiro. For example, I've just search through my AncestryDNA matches, and there are several Ben Shapiro's.
    I don't really think he's R1b, he looks like a pretty average Jewish man to me...

Banned

3 members found this post helpful.
    I don't really think he's R1b, he looks like a pretty average Jewish man to me...
    Lol what did you think he was? "he looks like a pretty average Jewish man" therefore he wouldn't have R1b? Some Nigerians look like the average Nigerian but have R1b. Really weird thing to say.

Banned

He received him the day he got the test a couple days before his initial tweet covering his 23andme results, so it was him. And his name was in-full Benjamin Shapiro and not "just a Ben Shapiro".

Baron

2 members found this post helpful.
    Dumbest comment I have heard in a long time. There is a very large cluster of Shapiro and equivalent names at FTDNA under R-L584, so it's absolutely possible, if not likely. L584 was also found in an Ashkenazi cemetery where the victim had a blunt trauma wound to the head. His profile was more inline with a Mizrahi Jewish profile, but it looks like the European Jews came from several groups initially and some groups were winners and others losers in terms of genes which were passed on.

Ethnic group
    Italian

I agree the original statement shows a lack of knowledge or population genetics, but no need to come in guns ablazing and calling names. Some people may still be learning.

As for winners and losers in terms of yDna among the Ashkenazim, the Middle Eastern y won by a mile.

Not that I would look at it that way.

Rather, Jewish men carrying predominantly Middle Eastern yDna who lived around the Rhine may have had amongst them, not only a lot of descendants of European women, but a few y lines of European men. I'm sure they prefer to think the original carrier was a convert, but perhaps not, unfortunately.

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-Z225
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c3

Ethnic group
    Portuguese

Y-dna is no more than like .001% of ones actual genome. It has little to do with most of your ancient genome that makes you up and phenotype as well. With that being said, paternal haplos are a good indicator for ancient migratory groups especially when they historically match certain time frames. Ie. My clade perfectly matches steppe migration and bell beakers into iberia. We know that 30-40% of our autosomal was affected by these people, and a a near 100% replacement of y-dna in iberia.

Ethnic group
    southern EUROPEAN

Y-DNA is the piece of DNA that defines traits subjected to gender dysmorphia, so the chromosome in itself makes people look different, it's logical that the mutations among haplogroups also make a difference.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c

Y-DNA is the piece of DNA that defines traits subjected to gender dysmorphia, so the chromosome in itself makes people look different, it's logical that the mutations among haplogroups also make a difference.
    Some influence on height and a few other things. I find it highly doubtful that the mutations of a few SNPs that determine a haplogroup will affect a man's appearance, especially so as to render a physical similarity to all the men carrying that haplogroup.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c

R1b aside, Ben Shapiro looks clearly alien to the majority of continental Europe, as do many Jews of recent European origin, because they belong to an ethnicity that is indigenous to the Middle East. No woke whining will change that. It doesn't surprise me to see Roma who look non-European; why should seeing a Jew who looks similarly distinct? The Roma frequently have R1a, and some even have European branches of it/continental European Y chromosomes. Doesn't change that they have a majority of their ancestry from the Indian Subcontinent.

Ethnic group
    Italian

4 members found this post helpful.
    I hope you're being really sarcastic. You'd have to be mad as a hatter to think this face looks clearly alien to the majority of Europe.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    Rare e-fgc7391 972AD
    MtDNA haplogroup
    h3ap

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    I hope you're being really sarcastic. You'd have to be mad as a hatter to think this face looks clearly alien to the majority of Europe.

i agree with angela here
    i was in spain recentley
    he look like them
    dont know if he is realy r1b
    but he look southwest european
    Direct paternal line : mizrahi from damascus
    e-fgc7391
    https://www.yfull.com/tree/E-FGC7391/

Ethnic group
    southern EUROPEAN

Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I find it highly doubtful that the mutations of a few SNPs that determine a haplogroup will affect a man's appearance
    No. If Y chromosome mutations affect testosterone(and body mass index), they can indeed affect appearence.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron1981 View Post
    Dumbest comment I have heard in a long time. There is a very large cluster of Shapiro and equivalent names at FTDNA under R-L584, so it's absolutely possible, if not likely. L584 was also found in an Ashkenazi cemetery where the victim had a blunt trauma wound to the head. His profile was more inline with a Mizrahi Jewish profile, but it looks like the European Jews came from several groups initially and some groups were winners and others losers in terms of genes which were passed on.
    A lot of burials uncovered Western Jews with R-Z2103 (an upstream clade of L584 and a downstream clade of L23). Which implies Greco-Armenian ancestry. Ben Shapiro is probably a descendant of one of those Greco-Armenians specifically Hurrian or Mitanni (ie "Anatolians"). Now, you could refer that Middle Easterners have this aswell. but how did they acquire it is the question. Clearly there is an influence outside the Levant and even the Arab Peninsula.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post

He does look a little Alien. Likeable to Greeks or Armenians in my opinion, but the Euro influence does show. Funny that I've thought he looked sort of Indian with his old hairstyle and his facial features (ie lips and nose) and the roundness of his head.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-A12332*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    W6*

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron1981 View Post

Ancient R-L584 is almost exclusive to Bronze/Iron Age Armenia, Urartu and Hasanlu (Medes).

Per Lazaridis (2022), it's a lineage that traversed the Caucasus, from the Steppe, south into the Armenian Highlands and Anatolia.

Nothing to do with Ashkenazis and Semitic speakers.

Elite member

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b - L21/S145*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H3c

Ethnic group
    more celtic

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjohn View Post
    i agree with angela here
    i was in spain recentley
    he look like them
    dont know if he is realy r1b
    but he look southwest european
    Not at all! Sorry. Spite I agree with the comments concerning (light) weight of Y-haplo's on allover genetic makepup and even look.
    This man seems to me very more Central (West) European than Typical Iberian. To see some looks in a country doesn't man these look are statistically common in this country. My point.

Elite member

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b - L21/S145*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H3c

Ethnic group
    more celtic

1 members found this post helpful.
    I read very often surprising comments on phenotypes on these fora.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    Rare e-fgc7391 972AD
    MtDNA haplogroup
    h3ap

Quote Originally Posted by MOESAN View Post
    Not at all! Sorry. Spite I agree with the comments concerning (light) weight of Y-haplo's on allover genetic makepup and even look.
    This man seems to me very more Central (West) European than Typical Iberian. To see some looks in a country doesn't man these look are statistically common in this country. My point.
    ok not typical (common) in iberia
    but this look does exist there
    he doesnt look levantine and also not turkish
    thats for sure

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by saraman View Post
    He does look a little Alien. Likeable to Greeks or Armenians in my opinion, but the Euro influence does show. Funny that I've thought he looked sort of Indian with his old hairstyle and his facial features (ie lips and nose) and the roundness of his head.
    So, you "are" mad as a hatter.

He looks completely European, and more Central European than anything else, imo.

I'm often amazed at how so many posters here have no ability to "place" at least Europeans in context geographically.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast