Guess were I am from

Verg

Reaction score
Hello,

Can you guess where I'm from?
Could someone be able to help me understand what my phenotype is? I think I have a dinaric nose ... but I don't know
I'm 1.78m tall (1.81-1.82 theoretically...without scoliosis)

Thank you very much
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

Northern Italy.

I too think Northern Italy.

Also, I think my profile is similar, but I'd call it a Roman nose. Not a Dinaric nose; idk is it the same thing? My forehead and eyebrow ridge are more pronounced though.

deAOFye.png

Yes, I am from Lombardy Northern Italy; I'm ~75% Lombard and ~25% Albanian (from my grandmother).

Thank you for the answers :)

You don't look Albanian in the slightest through. You look somewhat germanic influenced

You kinda remind me of the unmixed Chileans here that are not that common ( Iberian). But with lighter hair eyes and skin( you)

Sent from my LGL322DL using Tapatalk

I saw the possibility of a Spanish origin, even more than North-Italian spite it isn't completely contradictory.
Nothing very Albanese.

No Albanian at all, true, but also no Spanish, Moesan. We have to disagree again. :) He might as well have the map of Italy covering his face. It's a phenotype with which we're very familiar.

If I had to guess specific region, I think I'd go northeast Italy, perhaps Trentino or Venezia Giulia rather than northwest, which would have a slightly more "west Med" look instead. When I see round skull, big eyes, slightly softer jaw line, or something that shows perhaps some Germanic, Slovene like ancestry, I think northeast. Could be wrong, though.

However, here is the heir of the Eataly grocery and restaurant Emporium, and numerous Italian restaurants in New York City, of completely Istrian Italian ancestry, and Friuli I think, as well.

intro-1618248058.jpg

He's also a host on Master Chef Italia; can't bear him, but that's neither here nor there.

His parents:
th.jpg

Someone with the look of Gazzola from Val di Taro near me, has a more northwestern look, imo.

marcello-gazzola-21783.jpg

Gastaldello-Veneto
748b3aa2c45eab75b0bb301aeddfc782.jpg

It's not always true, of course, but often enough that it enters my head when I look at people.

^^Speaking of Eataly, I am happy they're doing those wine and food tasting events again. We used to go there all the time, I want to start up again. Thank god the pandemic is essentially over, at least when it comes to lock-downs and what not.

^^Speaking of Eataly, I am happy they're doing those wine and food tasting events again. We used to go there all the time, I want to start up again. Thank god the pandemic is essentially over, at least when it comes to lock-downs and what not.

I can get virtually any Italian product there, although because of the import taxes some of it costs the earth.

I haven't really eaten there much. Was the food good? Better than Becco, I hope. I sent the pasta back there, which I rarely do. In fact, I made my husband leave and we went to a seafood place. He was furious with me, but he knows how I am about food, especially Italian food, and I was more furious with them than he was with me, so for once I won. :)

I don't get it. His mother's first place, Felidia, is still wonderful for Northern Italian food, although expensive, but a simple spaghetti al pomodoro at Becco was tasteless except for the acidic aftertaste, the spaghetti were overcooked into a gelatinous mess etc. Maybe it's because it's such a tourist trap and most of them don't know what the heck they're eating. In a place like that I never order pasta, so I paid for breaking my own rule.

Have been back twice since then for lunch with girlfriends now that the Pandemic is over. I got the Pollo Milanese over salad, which I love, and the pig cheek with beans. Both were fine.

I can get virtually any Italian product there, although because of the import taxes some of it costs the earth.

I haven't really eaten there much. Was the food good? Better than Becco, I hope. I sent the pasta back there, which I rarely do. In fact, I made my husband leave and we went to a seafood place. He was furious with me, but he knows how I am about food, especially Italian food, and I was more furious with them than he was with me, so for once I won. :)

I don't get it. His mother's first place, Felidia, is still wonderful for Northern Italian food, although expensive, but a simple spaghetti al pomodoro at Becco was tasteless except for the acidic aftertaste, the spaghetti were overcooked into a gelatinous mess etc. Maybe it's because it's such a tourist trap and most of them don't know what the heck they're eating. In a place like that I never order pasta, so I paid for breaking my own rule.

Have been back twice since then for lunch with girlfriends now that the Pandemic is over. I got the Pollo Milanese over salad, which I love, and the pig cheek with beans. Both were fine.

I haven't been to Becco, but I really like the Eataly near the WTC, that's the one we like going to. I like the layout of it better than the one at Flat-iron; less narrow, and better for that type of event.

The food is excellent! There's a lot of small things you can eat. Also the wine is very good too, they also have cocktails as well. They give you a wine glass with a pouch you wear around your neck to hold it it. Honestly, for $60 it is a steal. Though, I am sure they're banking on people also buying groceries while they're there, which we do.

There's a great Italian import store near my house too, which we go to often.

My phenotype is basically the same as that of my father (native north Italian). With the exception of my Albanian grandmother, my whole family is from the so-called "Lake District" area of Lombardy (Como, Maggiore and Lugano lakes).

My results on 23 & Me are 46.1% Italian (basically Lombardy and other regions of northern Italy), 11.7% Greek & Balkan, 7.6% Broadly Southern European, 21.1% French & German, 13.5% Broadly Northwestern European.
On Living DNA I have as results: 88.4% North Italian, 6.8% East Balkan, 4.6% Aegean.

Is it normal that my Balkan part is around 10% in both? I'm not an expert and would have expected about 25% (1/4).

I got confused: the ones I wrote are my old 23&Me results and they reported a generic Italian ancestry, the specific regions appeared successively (and also the Italian % slightly increased against those of Broadly Northwestern European, if I remember correctly).

This thread has been viewed 3349 times.

Back