Albanians:Pure Illyrians?

Kari

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Sarakatsani,Pontic Greek
Y-DNA haplogroup
I2a
Is it true that albanians are pure illyrians?

First,we can easily detect slavic ancestry by seeing a k13 spreadsheet.https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-CqRbvWntX1Xgz4fRkDIng7r6-hOxA2PbmL4gDJHfgg/edit#gid=0 So slavic ancestry in albanians is around 17,5%.We can see 0,6% of turkish ancestry too(they brought some local asian too like 2% of the population).(east asian+siberian).Maciamo's italian ancestry map shows that albanians have 1-5% italian ancestry.
23andMe_Italian.png
We can see the haplo R1b-S28 too.
Haplogroup-R1b-S28.png
Now we will see the greek dna.Albanians have higher caucasian than the bronze age illyrians(you can check both of them here, in eupedia).That means that greek dna exists in albania because no one could bring caucasian admixture with them.(slavs,turks etc)
Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης 2022-09-29 195612.jpg
So its safe to say that greek dna is around 15-25% in albanians.
Albanians are one of the closest populations from illyrians.As we saw ,there are some populations that mixed with illyrians and created today's albania.
I couldnt forget the mix with the other balkanic populations(paeonians,thracians).
Illyrians:Around 53%
Greeks:Around 20%
Slavs:Around 17%
Balkanic:Around 5%
Italians:Around 3%
Asians:Around 2%

Thank you for sharing these good and useful videos. I really like the videos you share because it gives me a lot of knowledge.

Is it true that albanians are pure illyrians?

First,we can easily detect slavic ancestry by seeing a k13 spreadsheet.https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-CqRbvWntX1Xgz4fRkDIng7r6-hOxA2PbmL4gDJHfgg/edit#gid=0 So slavic ancestry in albanians is around 17,5%.We can see 0,6% of turkish ancestry too(they brought some local asian too like 2% of the population).(east asian+siberian).Maciamo's italian ancestry map shows that albanians have 1-5% italian ancestry.
View attachment 13596
We can see the haplo R1b-S28 too.
View attachment 13597
Now we will see the greek dna.Albanians have higher caucasian than the bronze age illyrians(you can check both of them here, in eupedia).That means that greek dna exists in albania because no one could bring caucasian admixture with them.(slavs,turks etc)
View attachment 13598
So its safe to say that greek dna is around 15-25% in albanians.
Albanians are one of the closest populations from illyrians.As we saw ,there are some populations that mixed with illyrians and created today's albania.
I couldnt forget the mix with the other balkanic populations(paeonians,thracians).
Illyrians:Around 53%
Greeks:Around 20%
Slavs:Around 17%
Balkanic:Around 5%
Italians:Around 3%
Asians:Around 2%

no, not true.......they have less than 10% ...........there seems to be only 2 tribes in current Albanian , Labeatae and Taulantii ( which resided both north of Durres )

the non slavic populace of croatians, Montenegro and bosnians have more "illyrian" .( dalmatians, Liburnians, Histrians, Japodes , Daorsi etc etc tribes )

it could be lower,we must upgrade this thread because there are new albanian samples on vahaduo

This thread has been viewed 2334 times.

Back