Easy fish recipes

Angela

Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
Cod is one of my favorite fish. This recipe couldn't be easier or faster, and because what you're adding doesn't overwhelm the delicate, mild taste of the cod, it's delicious.

15 minutes from prep to serve. Some buttered rice with some grated parmigiano, and a salad or steamed green beans or broccoli with olive oil and lemon juice, and you're done.
[h=3]Ingredients[/h]

• [*=left]1 lb. (0.4 kg) cod fillets, rinsed and pat dry
    [*=left]1/4 teaspoon salt
    [*=left]1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
    [*=left]3 dashes pepper
    [*=left]1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
    [*=left]1 tablespoon chopped parsley

[h=3]Instructions[/h]

1. [*=left]Preheat oven to 400°F (207°C).
    [*=left]Arrange the cod fillets in baking tray. Drizzle the olive oil onto the fish, follow by lemon juice, salt and cayenne pepper.
    [*=left]Bake the cod in the oven for 10 - 12 minutes, depends on the thickness of the cod. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.

I cook fish in foil packets a lot. Saves time on clean-up and retains the moisture and flavor.

Salmon in foil packets.

Ingredients for marinade:

• 6 tablespoons olive oil (I don't use Extra-Virgin, but Felippo Berio regular olive oil)
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
    1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
    1 tablespoon fresh basil (optional)
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 2 (6 ounce) fillets salmon
  • Whisk olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, parsley, basil, salt, and pepper together in a medium bowl.
  • Arrange salmon fillets in a small glass or ceramic baking dish; pour marinade over salmon.
  • Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for about 1 hour, turning occasionally.
  • Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  • Transfer salmon fillets onto a large piece of aluminum foil; spoon marinade on top and fold up the foil to seal. Place sealed salmon on a baking sheet, and bake in preheated oven until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 30 minutes. Don't ever overcook fis
  • While it's in the oven, rice or potatoes can be boiling, along with maybe green beans, or some zucchini can be sautéing.

• I often make a "salad" of boiled potatoes and green beans. It was a staple in our family growing up. Just add sliced red onion, and then dress with olive oil, salt and pepper. Some people also add tomatoes, although I prefer it without tomatoes.

potatosalad32-350x350.jpg

sauteed-zucchini-4-620x930.jpg

What my friends call "Angela rice": boiled "American" long grain rice, butter, and parmigiano cheese. )

pica4txNY.jpg

Cod is one of my favorite fish. This recipe couldn't be easier or faster, and because what you're adding doesn't overwhelm the delicate, mild taste of the cod, it's delicious.

15 minutes from prep to serve. Some buttered rice with some grated parmigiano, and a salad or steamed green beans or broccoli with olive oil and lemon juice, and you're done.
Ingredients

• [*=left]1 lb. (0.4 kg) cod fillets, rinsed and pat dry
    [*=left]1/4 teaspoon salt
    [*=left]1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
    [*=left]3 dashes pepper
    [*=left]1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
    [*=left]1 tablespoon chopped parsley

Instructions

1. [*=left]Preheat oven to 400°F (207°C).
    [*=left]Arrange the cod fillets in baking tray. Drizzle the olive oil onto the fish, follow by lemon juice, salt and cayenne pepper.
    [*=left]Bake the cod in the oven for 10 - 12 minutes, depends on the thickness of the cod. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.

I'm actually gonna make this tomorrow I think.

Being from the north of England i'am used to having Cod in batter aka fish and chips, yours looks much healthier though.

This has more of a Ligurian feel for cooking fish, so, more savory, as it includes olives and tomatoes, and served with potatoes, as we often serve fish. It also has the advantage of being a meal in a pan, i.e. potato, cherry tomatoes, olives. You could use tilapia instead of orata.

The video is in Italian, but you don't need to understand what he's saying. Just look at what he's doing. You start with a boiled potato that you slice. That's the biggest prep. You slice the small cherry tomatoes. You saute a thin fillet of fish in olive oil. Work quickly because cook no more than 2 minutes per side for such a thin fillet. You're just adding the potato slices to warm them. The green sauce is just olive oil and parsley (Only FLAT leaf). You can do it in a food processor, or by hand by just chopping the parsley very fine.

Fast, delicious, and very healthy. If cooking for more than one, just use a bigger pan.

This thread has been viewed 1281 times.

Back