Italian tourists go to Olive Garden

Angela

Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
After clearly spending a fortune on food since they ordered at least a dozen dishes, let's say it wasn't a hit. :) There are English subtitles.

I needed a laugh, and I got one.

Oh, she's a cooking teacher in Italy.

"There is nothing Italian about this food."

"Tasteless"

"The pasta is indescribable."

"Pasta is so overcooked it's like glue". "They even managed to overcook rigatoni."

"Alfredo must be hiding somewhere in the dish, because he's everywhere!"

"Their commercial said they went to Italian nonnas in Italy to get the recipes: either the nonnas all had Alzheimers, or the Americans skipped the classes and went to the beach."

Husband to the wife: "Eat a little at a time; even a small amount of poison can kill you!"

"If they served this food in Italy they'd burn the restaurant down!" "It would be a waste of a match." "First they would decapitate you!"

The espresso? "Mamma Mia! What a smell. They should send whoever made this to jail!"

The only thing edible? The tiramisu, although it's hospital quality. :)

Espresso in a lot of places has a barley like smell to it, imo. They're not using high quality roasted beans.

After clearly spending a fortune on food since they ordered at least a dozen dishes, let's say it wasn't a hit. :) There are English subtitles.

I needed a laugh, and I got one.

Oh, she's a cooking teacher in Italy.

"There is nothing Italian about this food."

"Tasteless"

"The pasta is indescribable."

"Pasta is so overcooked it's like glue". "They even managed to overcook rigatoni."

"Alfredo must be hiding somewhere in the dish, because he's everywhere!"

"Their commercial said they went to Italian nonnas in Italy to get the recipes: either the nonnas all had Alzheimers, or the Americans skipped the classes and went to the beach."

Husband to the wife: "Eat a little at a time; even a small amount of poison can kill you!"

"If they served this food in Italy they'd burn the restaurant down!" "It would be a waste of a match." "First they would decapitate you!"

The espresso? "Mamma Mia! What a smell. They should send whoever made this to jail!"

The only thing edible? The tiramisu, although it's hospital quality. :)

Espresso in a lot of places has a barley like smell to it, imo. They're not using high quality roasted beans.

The cherry at the top is the Bread Sticks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9dceb55d657c33add2a4cd9f65e28908.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When my family in Italy go to the hospital, all the family members and neighbors take turns cooking for them, as the hospital food is considered terrible. So, if the Olive Garden tiramisu is "hospital" quality, it must be pretty darn bad.

The quality of the food in the hospitals may differ, however, depending on the area. I saw and tasted some of the food at the hospital in Pisa, and believe me, most Americans would consider it good Italian food. It was certainly better than Olive Garden. :)

italy-hospital-food-around-the-world-FT-BLOG0318-1eb9c9fbc3894c7093357052247dbfc4.jpg

School lunches in Italy are, imo, very good. Ensuring that they're good is a big part of parenting in Italy.

"Compared to what happens overseas, Italian school lunches have to include a starchy dish (alternating rice, pasta and soup), a main course (based on meat, fish, eggs or cheese), two or more vegetable side dishes and plenty of fresh fruit. Nutritional standards regulate dish rotation: at least ten meals in the 4-week cycle must include cooked vegetables, ten meals contain pulse, starchy foods or grains and cereal, eight meals comprise fresh fruit for dessert, with portion size set according to dish and age group. Italian law forbids cafeterias from serving deep-fried food such as potato chips, french fries, and even fried chicken, foods many US schools are still fighting to remove from their menus. Menus are issued to parents on a weekly basis to avoid meal overlap at home. Allergies, intolerances and religious restrictions are taken into account for children requesting special meals."

The food must be organic and locally sourced.

Screen-Shot-2020-08-20-at-7.07.22-PM.png

Olive Garden is not Italian but an "Americanized style" food, probably because Americans from US are used to such tastes and would find real Italian food "weird" even if it's one of 5 best in the world, tastes are subjective, one to enjoy really food needs to understand the culture first, history of it and adapt to certain environments in a different way.

This thread has been viewed 1700 times.

Back