Astur_Cantabri

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Asturianu
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1b-Z214
mtDNA haplogroup
H18b
Recently got the results of my ‘Big Y-700’ test on FTDNA. Was assigned the clade R-BY157765 (a marker downstream of Z279, but upstream of M153).
The estimated timeline and theoretical migration path places it around the eastern side of the Sierra de Guadarrama (around the territories inhabited by the Carpetani and Celtiberi) sometime in the late Iron Age.
2-3 other people in FTDNA’s database share the marker — both from Cantabria. My father’s family comes from Asturias, so it seems to line up fairly well with the genealogical information.
If anyone has a marker downstream of DF27, feel free to share what you have and what you know in the comments :)

Recently got the results of my ‘Big Y-700’ test on FTDNA. Was assigned the clade R-BY157765 (a marker downstream of Z279, but upstream of M153).
The estimated timeline and theoretical migration path places it around the eastern side of the Sierra de Guadarrama (around the territories inhabited by the Carpetani and Celtiberi) sometime in the late Iron Age.
2-3 other people in FTDNA’s database share the marker — both from Cantabria. My father’s family comes from Asturias, so it seems to line up fairly well with the genealogical information.
If anyone has a marker downstream of DF27, feel free to share what you have and what you know in the comments :)
Hi Iberian Cousin.

Check this link:
https://www.eupedia.com/forum/threa...endants-of-recent-iberians.44621/#post-673390

This thread has been viewed 1560 times.

Back