G25: What are the components used to determine coordinates?

What are the components used to model individuals that determine the coordinates? Have they ever been published?

One can draw a reasonable inference of fraud from the refusal to provide transparency for one's methodology. End of story.

It's some iteration of smartPCA.

One can draw a reasonable inference of fraud from the refusal to provide transparency for one's methodology. End of story.

Indeed, and I am curious, because the PCA doesn't really match up with aDNA vs Modern populations.

I think what I assume are 25 components, given the name, must be conflating or misrepresenting certain ancestry.

Some people think it is the "most accurate", because of two fallacies, appeal to popularity (argumentum ad numeram), and appeal to novelty (argumentum ad novitatem). Just because it is new, and popular, doesn't make it accurate.

Especially, since there is no transparent way of knowing what is going on under the hood.

Sorry, I have two questions that are off topic.

For now, do you think k12b is the most accurate among amateur calculators?

Doesn't adding more components mean more accurate? (I understand that the source of the g25's components is opaque.)

Sorry, I have two questions that are off topic.

For now, do you think k12b is the most accurate among amateur calculators?

Doesn't adding more components mean more accurate? (I understand that the source of the g25's components is opaque.)

Not necessarily, for example when modeling modern European people with ancient DNA, papers tend to use only a few (WHG, Anatolia_N, Steppe_EMBA, CHG/IN, etc.)

Not necessarily, for example when modeling modern European people with ancient DNA, papers tend to use only a few (WHG, Anatolia_N, Steppe_EMBA, CHG/IN, etc.)

Thank you.

What do you think are the advantages of k12b calculator?

I dont think its about components specifically for each "dimension" sorta speak

This thread has been viewed 3223 times.

Back