Genomic evidence for ancient migration routes along South America’s Atlantic coast

italouruguayan

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Mixed , mostly Italian
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1B U106 L44
mtDNA haplogroup
A2
A recent study shows an unknown south-north migratory route on the Atlantic coast of South America, from Uruguay to Panama. More evidence of mixing with Australasians in the natives of South America is also described, in addition to important mixing with Neanderthals and, above all, Denisovans.

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2022.06.27.497820v2.full

hi .i hunt meteorites .but i found what i believe is a neanderthal spear piont ,in a dry river bed in california .i am not an expert. but researched it and neanderthal spear pionts are the only ones that match it .it may be proff they made it here to america .?

hi .i hunt meteorites .but i found what i believe is a neanderthal spear piont ,in a dry river bed in california .i am not an expert. but researched it and neanderthal spear pionts are the only ones that match it .it may be proff they made it here to america .?
A few years ago there was talk of the discovery, I think in California, of very ancient human remains, long before the supposed dates for the human settlement of the American continent, which would be attributable to Neanderthals. But then it was discarded. In my country, Uruguay, a paleontologist discovered bones of megafauna animals with cut marks made by lithic tools. The age would be 30,000 years (it is assumed that humans arrived 15,000 years ago). The discovery was approved by a French paleontologist, but is not yet recognized internationally. Only God knows what surprises we will have in the future...

This thread has been viewed 1655 times.

Back