Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 87

Thread: Please classify me

  1. #1
    Regular Member HYGILI4K's Avatar
    Join Date
    16-06-14
    Posts
    83

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY3449
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1e1a

    Ethnic group
    Italian and Iberian
    Country: Brazil



    Please classify me

    And where I would pass as native?

    Thank you in advance.

    Enviado de meu Pixel 5 usando o Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Regular Member torzio's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-05-19
    Location
    Eastern Australia
    Posts
    3,531

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - Y79536
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a

    Ethnic group
    North East Italian
    Country: Australia



    Estonian
    or
    Latvian
    Fathers mtdna ...... T2b17
    Grandfather paternal mtdna ... T1a1e
    Sons mtdna ...... K1a4p
    Mothers line ..... R1b-S8172
    Grandmother paternal side ... I1-CTS6397
    Wife paternal line ..... R1a-PF6155

    "Fear profits man, nothing"

  3. #3
    Regular Member HYGILI4K's Avatar
    Join Date
    16-06-14
    Posts
    83

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY3449
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1e1a

    Ethnic group
    Italian and Iberian
    Country: Brazil



    Thank you for the answer. What do you think my phenotype is?

    One Reddit user said that I am a nordomed; atlatomed+keltic+mediterranid. Another one said atlatomed+keltic residual. The other said that I am a mix between alpine-dinaric and some british/atlantic phenotype.

    Enviado de meu Pixel 5 usando o Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Elite member
    Join Date
    25-10-11
    Location
    Brittany
    Age
    73
    Posts
    5,547

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b - L21/S145*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H3c

    Ethnic group
    more celtic
    Country: France



    some are mixing anthropologic types with ethnic+geographic terms.
    I have no time, but I wonder where someone could find 'alpin' type evident input?!?

  5. #5
    Regular Member HYGILI4K's Avatar
    Join Date
    16-06-14
    Posts
    83

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY3449
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1e1a

    Ethnic group
    Italian and Iberian
    Country: Brazil



    Quote Originally Posted by MOESAN View Post
    some are mixing anthropologic types with ethnic+geographic terms.
    I have no time, but I wonder where someone could find 'alpin' type evident input?!?
    Só, what do you think, MOESAN

    Enviado de meu Pixel 5 usando o Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    8,010

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    You look exactly like what you are, Iberian and Italian mixed.

  7. #7
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    8,010

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    1 members found this post helpful.
    You have (central southern European) Mediterranean and (North Western European) Celtic physical attributes.

  8. #8
    Regular Member HYGILI4K's Avatar
    Join Date
    16-06-14
    Posts
    83

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY3449
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1e1a

    Ethnic group
    Italian and Iberian
    Country: Brazil



    Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    You have (central southern European) Mediterranean and (North Western European) Celtic physical attributes.
    Thanks, but what is my phenotype?

    Enviado de meu Pixel 5 usando o Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Regular Member HYGILI4K's Avatar
    Join Date
    16-06-14
    Posts
    83

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY3449
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1e1a

    Ethnic group
    Italian and Iberian
    Country: Brazil



    Do I look more italian or more iberian?

    Enviado de meu Pixel 5 usando o Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    10-06-22
    Posts
    23


    Ethnic group
    Korean
    Country: South Korea



    You look like Lionel Messi with a beard.

  11. #11
    Regular Member HYGILI4K's Avatar
    Join Date
    16-06-14
    Posts
    83

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY3449
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1e1a

    Ethnic group
    Italian and Iberian
    Country: Brazil



    Quote Originally Posted by Poxy View Post
    You look like Lionel Messi with a beard.
    Unfortunately, I am bad at soccer

    Enviado de meu Pixel 5 usando o Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Elite member
    Join Date
    25-10-11
    Location
    Brittany
    Age
    73
    Posts
    5,547

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b - L21/S145*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H3c

    Ethnic group
    more celtic
    Country: France



    Quote Originally Posted by HYGILI4K View Post
    Só, what do you think, MOESAN

    Enviado de meu Pixel 5 usando o Tapatalk
    As a whole you could pass in Western Europe more easily than in Eastern Europe, but without any total exclusion;
    rather France, Belgium (more than Britain), Iberia (for me more than Italia as a whole).
    Let's play now: concerning typology, you seem dolichocephalic and rather leptoprosope but not the most extreme long faced type; your beard is a problem concerning your jaw and chin. I would risk a long ovale face (some reasonable breadth of cheekbones) what evokes more 'mediter' than 'nordic', roughly said; Not the gentle 'small mediter': your frontal is too inclined, not too bread, face too long.
    : some 'brünnlike' or better 'capellidlike' old influence (for the shape, don't search a direct heritage) I see also in the 'irano-afghan' type which could also explain the differences between the 'viril mediter' and the 'small mediter': maybe a modification mediated by the SouthCaucasus input in Anatolia and N-E rather late (BA) but the same crossing could have found place in Western Europe at Neolithic, except for the nose, I think.
    Dolicho allover dominance doesn't signify pure type: BI your nostrils shapes show what I suppose to be a crossing
    between a short and a long nose elements (broken line of the nostril).
    Concerning N-W Europe, your lips are not is the mean: thick, and more typically, the seemingly high ratio inferior/superior lip is rather a 'mediter' trait. Very broadly said, 'mediter(s)' (more) and 'nordic' (? - very less), no 'alpin' no 'dinaric'.
    All this is a game based on 'typology' badly applied to pics insufficient concerning all the angles.

  13. #13
    Regular Member HYGILI4K's Avatar
    Join Date
    16-06-14
    Posts
    83

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY3449
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1e1a

    Ethnic group
    Italian and Iberian
    Country: Brazil



    Quote Originally Posted by MOESAN View Post
    As a whole you could pass in Western Europe more easily than in Eastern Europe, but without any total exclusion;
    rather France, Belgium (more than Britain), Iberia (for me more than Italia as a whole).
    Let's play now: concerning typology, you seem dolichocephalic and rather leptoprosope but not the most extreme long faced type; your beard is a problem concerning your jaw and chin. I would risk a long ovale face (some reasonable breadth of cheekbones) what evokes more 'mediter' than 'nordic', roughly said; Not the gentle 'small mediter': your frontal is too inclined, not too bread, face too long.
    : some 'brünnlike' or better 'capellidlike' old influence (for the shape, don't search a direct heritage) I see also in the 'irano-afghan' type which could also explain the differences between the 'viril mediter' and the 'small mediter': maybe a modification mediated by the SouthCaucasus input in Anatolia and N-E rather late (BA) but the same crossing could have found place in Western Europe at Neolithic, except for the nose, I think.
    Dolicho allover dominance doesn't signify pure type: BI your nostrils shapes show what I suppose to be a crossing
    between a short and a long nose elements (broken line of the nostril).
    Concerning N-W Europe, your lips are not is the mean: thick, and more typically, the seemingly high ratio inferior/superior lip is rather a 'mediter' trait. Very broadly said, 'mediter(s)' (more) and 'nordic' (? - very less), no 'alpin' no 'dinaric'.
    All this is a game based on 'typology' badly applied to pics insufficient concerning all the angles.
    Thank you very much.

    Enviado de meu Pixel 5 usando o Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    10-06-22
    Posts
    23


    Ethnic group
    Korean
    Country: South Korea



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Considering that Messi is of mixed Italian and Iberian ancestry, you could be a typical phenotype of mixed Italian and Iberian as Jovialis said.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    03-04-14
    Location
    Inverness
    Posts
    217

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    r1a-m417-basal

    Country: UK - Scotland



    Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    You have (central southern European) Mediterranean and (North Western European) Celtic physical attributes.
    this,
    but minus that Med things

  16. #16
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    21,692


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Messi is more Northern and Central Italian than Catalan, but whatever. The only Iberian (Catalan) trait I can see in Messi is perhaps the fact that his eyes are pretty close set.

    He has a picture of his mother's face tattooed on his shoulder; I always liked him, but now I like him more.



    Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

  17. #17
    Regular Member HYGILI4K's Avatar
    Join Date
    16-06-14
    Posts
    83

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY3449
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1e1a

    Ethnic group
    Italian and Iberian
    Country: Brazil



    I am mostly northern italian and western iberian (portuguese). Angela, do you think I look more italian or iberian?

    Enviado de meu Pixel 5 usando o Tapatalk

  18. #18
    Regular Member torzio's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-05-19
    Location
    Eastern Australia
    Posts
    3,531

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - Y79536
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a

    Ethnic group
    North East Italian
    Country: Australia



    Quote Originally Posted by HYGILI4K View Post
    Thank you for the answer. What do you think my phenotype is?

    One Reddit user said that I am a nordomed; atlatomed+keltic+mediterranid. Another one said atlatomed+keltic residual. The other said that I am a mix between alpine-dinaric and some british/atlantic phenotype.

    Enviado de meu Pixel 5 usando o Tapatalk

    Dinaric + Celtic

  19. #19
    Regular Member HYGILI4K's Avatar
    Join Date
    16-06-14
    Posts
    83

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY3449
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1e1a

    Ethnic group
    Italian and Iberian
    Country: Brazil



    Quote Originally Posted by torzio View Post
    Dinaric + Celtic
    Thank you for guessing Torzio

    Enviado de meu Pixel 5 usando o Tapatalk

  20. #20
    Regular Member HYGILI4K's Avatar
    Join Date
    16-06-14
    Posts
    83

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY3449
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1e1a

    Ethnic group
    Italian and Iberian
    Country: Brazil



    I think I look more my father, who is 5/8 Veneto (Rovigo, Treviso, Padova, Verona, Veneza) 2/8 south Tuscan (Siena and Livorno) and 1/8 Lombard (Mantova). Bellow there is one photo of him and mom sat and my cousin standing and the others are me (the last one without beard).

    Enviado de meu Pixel 5 usando o Tapatalk

  21. #21
    Regular Member HYGILI4K's Avatar
    Join Date
    16-06-14
    Posts
    83

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY3449
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1e1a

    Ethnic group
    Italian and Iberian
    Country: Brazil



    Two more photos

    Enviado de meu Pixel 5 usando o Tapatalk

  22. #22
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    21,692


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    What I see is face shape your father, and perhaps mouth, but eyes and pigmentation your mother, and also probably nose. Like most children you took some traits from each one.

    Just recently a Lombard posted on this thread and looked a lot like you. On the other hand, I'm sure there are Iberians who look like you. I saw a good number in Catalonia.

    Here's the Southern Italian pigmentation version, more or less, in a Neapolitan actor, Antonio Folletto



    Pigmentation can be very deceiving; the "tells" are the head and face shape and the features.


  23. #23
    Regular Member Duarte's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-01-19
    Posts
    2,448

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-DF27/R-Y45921

    Country: Brazil



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Hi HYGILI4K.
    I think you are very Italian and your features remind me of those descended from Veneto immigrants. IMO, You would be fine in any country in central or northeastern Europe. Perhaps to a lesser extent in northeastern Spain. Yes, the beard hides some traits a bit. I no longer wear a beard, although I like the style, and I think that makes me look more Portuguese than ever (‘Portuguese like’). I am very similar to my father and my uncles. I don't see in myself traits from people of Northeast Europe like I see in you.






    Last edited by Duarte; 24-11-22 at 20:05. Reason: Changed the last photo of the post (was me without beard) by another one pic of me with beard taken in the same place of the others five posted here.

  24. #24
    Regular Member HYGILI4K's Avatar
    Join Date
    16-06-14
    Posts
    83

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY3449
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1e1a

    Ethnic group
    Italian and Iberian
    Country: Brazil



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Thank you very much Angela and Duarte! Duarte, my compatriot, are your ancestors from North Portugal? Mine are from Castelo Branco.

    Enviado de meu Pixel 5 usando o Tapatalk

  25. #25
    Elite member
    Join Date
    25-10-11
    Location
    Brittany
    Age
    73
    Posts
    5,547

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b - L21/S145*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H3c

    Ethnic group
    more celtic
    Country: France



    Quote Originally Posted by HYGILI4K View Post
    I think I look more my father, who is 5/8 Veneto (Rovigo, Treviso, Padova, Verona, Veneza) 2/8 south Tuscan (Siena and Livorno) and 1/8 Lombard (Mantova). Bellow there is one photo of him and mom sat and my cousin standing and the others are me (the last one without beard).

    Enviado de meu Pixel 5 usando o Tapatalk
    You look more Iberic on this pic without beard!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Classify him
    By Hawk in forum Anthropology & Ethnography
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-02-20, 14:59
  2. classify him
    By johen in forum Anthropology & Ethnography
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-01-20, 18:07
  3. Classify me
    By MobyD in forum Guess the Ethnicity
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-09-18, 17:43
  4. Classify me
    By New Englander in forum Guess the Ethnicity
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 19-07-17, 17:13
  5. Classify Me - What am I?
    By ack786 in forum Guess the Ethnicity
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-02-17, 20:14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •