Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - Y79536
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a

Ethnic group
    North East Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Duarte View Post
    Hi HYGILI4K

I'm not very good at deciphering phenotypes, but here I go. In your beardless photo you look like Mediterranid. In your shirtless photo with the most closely trimmed beard you look like Atlanto-Mediterranean. Perhaps you have the characteristics of both types in the face of being part Iberian and part Italian.

Mediterranid

Atlanto-Mediterranean

what program is this ?
    Fathers mtdna ...... T2b17
    Grandfather paternal mtdna ... T1a1e
    Sons mtdna ...... K1a4p
    Mothers line ..... R1b-S8172
    Grandmother paternal side ... I1-CTS6397
    Wife paternal line ..... R1a-PF6155

"Fear profits man, nothing"

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-DF27/R-Y45921

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by torzio View Post
    what program is this ?
    Hello Torzio. These images were obtained from the following internet addresses:

Mediterranid
    http://humanphenotypes.net/basic/Mediterranid.html

Atlanto-Mediterranean
    https://physicalanthropologywiki.fan...-Mediterranean

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY3449
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1e1a

Ethnic group
    Italian and Iberian

what program is this ?
    Torzio, there is one site that compares your photo with the phenotype images with AI, but I found pretty innacurate. My third best match is nordid and it gaves me amazonid (the site is https://geneu.xyz/phenotype). Look:

Enviado de meu Pixel 5 usando o Tapatalk

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - Y79536
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a

Ethnic group
    North East Italian

Quote Originally Posted by HYGILI4K View Post
    Torzio, there is one site that compares your photo with the phenotype images with AI, but I found pretty innacurate. My third best match is nordid and it gaves me amazonid (the site is https://geneu.xyz/phenotype). Look:

thanks i placed my father photo who was 23yo at the time and they state 42yo and #1 - Litorid 60% and #2 - Transcaspian 47%

also placed one of myself at 23yo and it states age of 33 and #1 - west alpinid at 68% and #2 - Carpathid 56%

west Alpinid is ...........Alpinid proper, historically found in the mountain regions of Western Europe. Often a cohabitant of a second mountain type, the Dinarid. The nucleus of Alpinids lies in the Western Alps and Central France (e.g. the Swiss Disentis, the French Savoy, Auvergne and Massif Central regions). Common in Southern Germany as well (e.g. Franconia, Black Forest), the Apennines of Italy, Northern Spain, and Belgium.

further research is that this site is owned by WeGene ...ie, the initial site presented by Duante

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - Y79536
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a

Ethnic group
    North East Italian

they did 100% accuracy on a 3 yo photo of my assistant ..............she was born in sochi russia

they got her age exact and have her as 85% north Pontid

so, it makes sense the quality of photo makes results more accurate

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - Y79536
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a

Ethnic group
    North East Italian

lastly a 4yo photo of my second cousin ...............they state 26yo ( she is 31yo now , so 1 year off )

and

Mediterranid 66% and North Pontid 65%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY3449
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1e1a

Ethnic group
    Italian and Iberian

Mine they got wrong the age (photo 29 yo and they gave me 40 yo) and phenotypes. I agree with canarid, because of the location (Italy and Portugal) but I desagree with the others.

The second and third are northern euro (which I'm not).

I don't have anything nordid and (sorry for the nords) don't wanna have.

Sorry If I offended someone.

Last edited by HYGILI4K; 26-11-22 at 17:21. Reason: Forgot some words

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-DF27/R-Y45921

2 members found this post helpful.
    I agree with you HYGILI4K . I think this is more a Chinese bs (nonsense). I could even find the program fun, but some results are so far from reality that I can't even find that.

Prince Philip (British Royalty).

Roger Waters (British musician).

Sergí Lopez (Catalan Actor).

Me (Brazilian citizen)

Last edited by Duarte; 27-11-22 at 05:50.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY3449
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1e1a

Ethnic group
    Italian and Iberian

Yes @Duarte , It is so wrong, bs

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - Y79536
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a

Ethnic group
    North East Italian

Quote Originally Posted by HYGILI4K View Post
    Yes @Duarte , It is so wrong, bs

i do not think it is 100% accurate...but clearly , the quality of the photo dictates the % of error

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - Y79536
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a

Ethnic group
    North East Italian

3yo photo of a 3rd cousin and she is labelled 64% East Alpinid ....the age is correct

a 1yo photo of a 4th cousin who is 24yo ...............program states 23yo and 58% East Alpinid

a 2nd cousin from Bolzano ..........francesca just turned 23 ...program states 29 ..............and 63% Anglo-Saxon

to finalises .............I would give the program 30% accuracy with old photos and 60% accuracy with newish photos

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - Y79536
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a

Ethnic group
    North East Italian

use the program for Ydna ......on the T-L131 which is the first split into the T1a2 branch

it states 226748 of T-L131 found world wide ( in their database ) with Romania having the highest % of any nation 5 of 482 samples they have
    in Italy they have 16 samples of 3151 people ....about half a percent

these numbers reflect the people that have joined WeGene

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

Ethnic group
    Italian

deleted … off topic

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY3449
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1e1a

Ethnic group
    Italian and Iberian

3yo photo of a 3rd cousin and she is labelled 64% East Alpinid ....the age is correct

a 1yo photo of a 4th cousin who is 24yo ...............program states 23yo and 58% East Alpinid

a 2nd cousin from Bolzano ..........francesca just turned 23 ...program states 29 ..............and 63% Anglo-Saxon

to finalises .............I would give the program 30% accuracy with old photos and 60% accuracy with newish photos
    ALL my photos are relatively new. BS again in the results.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-Z2106-CTS8966
    MtDNA haplogroup
    M11a

hi there,

Thanks for you guys visiting GeneU.

As some have misunderstanding on it, I have to make it clear.

1, GeneU is official partner with WeGene and got users' authorization from WeGene to import their data and analyse to show statistics chart. Only the data you see on GeneU is from WeGene: Surname and Y-DNA (WeGene part), China Ethnic & Gene, China Geo & Gene.

2, Except with WeGene, GeneU also work with ISOGG, YFull and FamilyTreeDNA (FTDNA) to import their data of Y-DNA/mtDNA and kits and analyse to show statistics chart which you can see in: Surname and Y-DNA (FTDNA part), World Geo & Gene.

3, The feature of AI Phenotype is cutting-edge technology working with China top AI institution (you can imagine Chinese AI performance in world-class competition). The accuracy will be result the similarity between your offered pictures and the referenced pics of phenotype from 246 of populations around the world. Dont doubt with analysis in pixel-level by AI, the overall you look is not the same thing with the pixel-level similarity.

4, The feature of Ancestry is able to analyse your Y-DNA, mtDNA and ancestry based on referenced haplogroup database, which is also from ISOGG, YFull, FamilyTreeDNA in latest version (updated in period of about 15 days). This feature enable user to get the latest result from different genetic testing company for better reference.

So, guys, please be polite and decent, respect with other work, enjoy with your genetic journey. :)

Ma Hui
    Founder of GeneU
    https://geneu.xyz
    https://facebook.com/geneu.xyz

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Mehmet View Post
    hi there,

1, GeneU is official partner with WeGene and got users' authorization from WeGene to import their data and analyse to show statistics chart. Only the data you see on GeneU is from WeGene: Surname and Y-DNA (WeGene part), China Ethnic & Gene, China Geo & Gene.

2, Except with WeGene, GeneU also work with ISOGG, YFull and FamilyTreeDNA (FTDNA) to import their data of Y-DNA/mtDNA and kits and analyse to show statistics chart which you can see in: Surname and Y-DNA (FTDNA part), World Geo & Gene.

3, The feature of AI Phenotype is cutting-edge technology working with China top AI institution (you can imagine Chinese AI performance in world-class competition). The accuracy will be result the similarity between your offered pictures and the referenced pics of phenotype from 246 of populations around the world. Dont doubt with analysis in pixel-level by AI, the overall you look is not the same thing with the pixel-level similarity.

4, The feature of Ancestry is able to analyse your Y-DNA, mtDNA and ancestry based on referenced haplogroup database, which is also from ISOGG, YFull, FamilyTreeDNA in latest version (updated in period of about 15 days). This feature enable user to get the latest result from different genetic testing company for better reference.

So, guys, please be polite and decent, respect with other work, enjoy with your genetic journey. :)

Ma Hui
    Founder of GeneU
    I can't guarantee people will be respectful of the work, if they think it is not of good quality.

Respect, and decency towards people (our members) however, is something we are committed to.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY3449
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1e1a

Ethnic group
    Italian and Iberian

hi there,

Ma Hui
    Founder of GeneU
    Thank you very much for your project. Sorry if I was disrespectful.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY3449
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1e1a

Ethnic group
    Italian and Iberian

Most of my photos gave canarid, so I will consider myself a canarid.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

Ethnic group
    Italian

Fwiw my results were primarily Strandid and Anatolid.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY3449
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1e1a

Ethnic group
    Italian and Iberian

Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    Fwiw my results were primarily Strandid and Anatolid.
    Weird

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-DF27/R-Y45921

4 members found this post helpful.
    hi there,

Ma Hui
    Founder of GeneU

@Mr. Ma Hui
    This is a democratic space. Criticisms, opinions and even praise perpetrated within the themes of each topic are welcome. Not liking the result displayed by algorithms of ancestry programs and human genetics is also part of the game and there are many times when results that are often not compatible with the ancestry of individuals are criticized in several of the genetic topics opened in this forum. Ancestry results offered by MyHeritage, FTDNA, 23andMe, Ancestry, Living DNA among other “professionals” and “amateurs” have already been openly criticized here. Algorithms, even if based on artificial intelligence capable of seeing the detail of each pixel of an image, in a comparative analysis with archival images, also make mistakes. It is at this point that human intelligence comes in to analyze the raw results displayed by the machine: The human does the fine tuning to eliminate points outside the curve. Here, the important thing is to maintain a harmonious and civilized dialogue between the parties involved in the debate (members of the forum) without attacks or offenses of a personal nature, and this is what has been happening so far.
    For my part, I thank you for your participation and interest.
    You’re always welcome.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

Ethnic group
    Italian

Bravo Duarte

Ethnic group
    Italian

3 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duarte View Post
    @Mr. Ma Hui
    This is a democratic space. Criticisms, opinions and even praise perpetrated within the themes of each topic are welcome. Not liking the result displayed by algorithms of ancestry programs and human genetics is also part of the game and there are many times when results that are often not compatible with the ancestry of individuals are criticized in several of the genetic topics opened in this forum. Ancestry results offered by MyHeritage, FTDNA, 23andMe, Ancestry, Living DNA among other “professionals” and “amateurs” have already been openly criticized here. Algorithms, even if based on artificial intelligence capable of seeing the detail of each pixel of an image, in a comparative analysis with archival images, also make mistakes. It is at this point that human intelligence comes in to analyze the raw results displayed by the machine: The human does the fine tuning to eliminate points outside the curve. Here, the important thing is to maintain a harmonious and civilized dialogue between the parties involved in the debate (members of the forum) without attacks or offenses of a personal nature, and this is what has been happening so far.
    For my part, I thank you for your participation and interest.
    You’re always welcome.
    Beautifully said, Duarte, and I completely agree. Here are mine using my children's picture of me.

The three highest "guesses".

I can get the West Alpinid (Appennines), and even the Atlanto-Med (Liguria) for the nose and the longer face, but I'm baffled by the Ancient Sardinian. I don't think I have any of those features.

The fact that the percentages for each "type" can be rather close tells us a lot, I think, and highlights the problem I've always had with physical anthropology.

IF such types once existed, they no longer do, and I say IF, because the "researchers" who chose the people to photograph and decided "they" were "the" type of certain areas went in with their own preconceptions and subjectivity. That's why there's so much disagreement among them. Even Coon, whom I thought was closest to what I could see with my own eyes often contradicted himself. What amateurs, and perhaps even people who create the algorithms do is pick and choose from among the "plates" or descriptions of various physical anthropologists, and create their own categories.

In real life, today, and even by the 19th century, people were a mix, picking up traits here and there from among many ancestors. That's why I never answer when asked to "type" someone. I prefer to trust my own eyes and pattern recognition skills to give my best estimate as to where certain faces can be found.
    Last edited by Angela; 07-12-22 at 03:11.

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

Ethnic group
    Italian

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-A12332*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    W6*

I get east alpine (51%) as my first hit, so I guess it's not bad, but my skull measurement is way off for Alpine (C.I. 78.12%).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast