Please classify me

3yo photo of a 3rd cousin and she is labelled 64% East Alpinid ....the age is correct

a 1yo photo of a 4th cousin who is 24yo ...............program states 23yo and 58% East Alpinid

a 2nd cousin from Bolzano ..........francesca just turned 23 ...program states 29 ..............and 63% Anglo-Saxon

to finalises .............I would give the program 30% accuracy with old photos and 60% accuracy with newish photos

use the program for Ydna ......on the T-L131 which is the first split into the T1a2 branch

it states 226748 of T-L131 found world wide ( in their database ) with Romania having the highest % of any nation 5 of 482 samples they have
in Italy they have 16 samples of 3151 people ....about half a percent

these numbers reflect the people that have joined WeGene

deleted … off topic

3yo photo of a 3rd cousin and she is labelled 64% East Alpinid ....the age is correct

a 1yo photo of a 4th cousin who is 24yo ...............program states 23yo and 58% East Alpinid

a 2nd cousin from Bolzano ..........francesca just turned 23 ...program states 29 ..............and 63% Anglo-Saxon

to finalises .............I would give the program 30% accuracy with old photos and 60% accuracy with newish photos
ALL my photos are relatively new. BS again in the results.
93f00e834c11fa12fef2f20728a06ab0.jpg
2b7a49c08ca15094ac169de5dc2f90f1.jpg
ce0537236a0f2052c81e641cab3a92be.jpg
b80b619eaa33e160ce1d7595d582f48e.jpg
97e4763fb6331687fba3592dced0e6c7.jpg
77e264a0d107ef67cafb2b6461f794eb.jpg
59200f7b7b6dc9a7f2c9db278ec79a5a.jpg
0f68ef730d6634d1d1ff5ed476c576d3.jpg
7ff772863d4066c48f9a137f6470dfa5.jpg
4a72dc377e0243b890c94ec59da0743f.jpg

Enviado de meu Pixel 5 usando o Tapatalk

hi there,

Thanks for you guys visiting GeneU.

As some have misunderstanding on it, I have to make it clear.

1, GeneU is official partner with WeGene and got users' authorization from WeGene to import their data and analyse to show statistics chart. Only the data you see on GeneU is from WeGene: Surname and Y-DNA (WeGene part), China Ethnic & Gene, China Geo & Gene.

2, Except with WeGene, GeneU also work with ISOGG, YFull and FamilyTreeDNA (FTDNA) to import their data of Y-DNA/mtDNA and kits and analyse to show statistics chart which you can see in: Surname and Y-DNA (FTDNA part), World Geo & Gene.

3, The feature of AI Phenotype is cutting-edge technology working with China top AI institution (you can imagine Chinese AI performance in world-class competition). The accuracy will be result the similarity between your offered pictures and the referenced pics of phenotype from 246 of populations around the world. Dont doubt with analysis in pixel-level by AI, the overall you look is not the same thing with the pixel-level similarity.

4, The feature of Ancestry is able to analyse your Y-DNA, mtDNA and ancestry based on referenced haplogroup database, which is also from ISOGG, YFull, FamilyTreeDNA in latest version (updated in period of about 15 days). This feature enable user to get the latest result from different genetic testing company for better reference.

So, guys, please be polite and decent, respect with other work, enjoy with your genetic journey. :)

Ma Hui
Founder of GeneU
https://geneu.xyz
https://facebook.com/geneu.xyz

hi there,

1, GeneU is official partner with WeGene and got users' authorization from WeGene to import their data and analyse to show statistics chart. Only the data you see on GeneU is from WeGene: Surname and Y-DNA (WeGene part), China Ethnic & Gene, China Geo & Gene.

2, Except with WeGene, GeneU also work with ISOGG, YFull and FamilyTreeDNA (FTDNA) to import their data of Y-DNA/mtDNA and kits and analyse to show statistics chart which you can see in: Surname and Y-DNA (FTDNA part), World Geo & Gene.

3, The feature of AI Phenotype is cutting-edge technology working with China top AI institution (you can imagine Chinese AI performance in world-class competition). The accuracy will be result the similarity between your offered pictures and the referenced pics of phenotype from 246 of populations around the world. Dont doubt with analysis in pixel-level by AI, the overall you look is not the same thing with the pixel-level similarity.

4, The feature of Ancestry is able to analyse your Y-DNA, mtDNA and ancestry based on referenced haplogroup database, which is also from ISOGG, YFull, FamilyTreeDNA in latest version (updated in period of about 15 days). This feature enable user to get the latest result from different genetic testing company for better reference.

So, guys, please be polite and decent, respect with other work, enjoy with your genetic journey. :)

Ma Hui
Founder of GeneU

I can't guarantee people will be respectful of the work, if they think it is not of good quality.

Respect, and decency towards people (our members) however, is something we are committed to.

hi there,

Ma Hui
Founder of GeneU
Thank you very much for your project. Sorry if I was disrespectful.

Most of my photos gave canarid, so I will consider myself a canarid.

hi there,

Ma Hui
Founder of GeneU

@Mr. Ma Hui
This is a democratic space. Criticisms, opinions and even praise perpetrated within the themes of each topic are welcome. Not liking the result displayed by algorithms of ancestry programs and human genetics is also part of the game and there are many times when results that are often not compatible with the ancestry of individuals are criticized in several of the genetic topics opened in this forum. Ancestry results offered by MyHeritage, FTDNA, 23andMe, Ancestry, Living DNA among other “professionals” and “amateurs” have already been openly criticized here. Algorithms, even if based on artificial intelligence capable of seeing the detail of each pixel of an image, in a comparative analysis with archival images, also make mistakes. It is at this point that human intelligence comes in to analyze the raw results displayed by the machine: The human does the fine tuning to eliminate points outside the curve. Here, the important thing is to maintain a harmonious and civilized dialogue between the parties involved in the debate (members of the forum) without attacks or offenses of a personal nature, and this is what has been happening so far.
For my part, I thank you for your participation and interest.
You’re always welcome.

@Mr. Ma Hui
This is a democratic space. Criticisms, opinions and even praise perpetrated within the themes of each topic are welcome. Not liking the result displayed by algorithms of ancestry programs and human genetics is also part of the game and there are many times when results that are often not compatible with the ancestry of individuals are criticized in several of the genetic topics opened in this forum. Ancestry results offered by MyHeritage, FTDNA, 23andMe, Ancestry, Living DNA among other “professionals” and “amateurs” have already been openly criticized here. Algorithms, even if based on artificial intelligence capable of seeing the detail of each pixel of an image, in a comparative analysis with archival images, also make mistakes. It is at this point that human intelligence comes in to analyze the raw results displayed by the machine: The human does the fine tuning to eliminate points outside the curve. Here, the important thing is to maintain a harmonious and civilized dialogue between the parties involved in the debate (members of the forum) without attacks or offenses of a personal nature, and this is what has been happening so far.
For my part, I thank you for your participation and interest.
You’re always welcome.

Beautifully said, Duarte, and I completely agree. Here are mine using my children's picture of me.

The three highest "guesses".

RWDpmH3.png

I can get the West Alpinid (Appennines), and even the Atlanto-Med (Liguria) for the nose and the longer face, but I'm baffled by the Ancient Sardinian. I don't think I have any of those features.

The fact that the percentages for each "type" can be rather close tells us a lot, I think, and highlights the problem I've always had with physical anthropology.

IF such types once existed, they no longer do, and I say IF, because the "researchers" who chose the people to photograph and decided "they" were "the" type of certain areas went in with their own preconceptions and subjectivity. That's why there's so much disagreement among them. Even Coon, whom I thought was closest to what I could see with my own eyes often contradicted himself. What amateurs, and perhaps even people who create the algorithms do is pick and choose from among the "plates" or descriptions of various physical anthropologists, and create their own categories.

In real life, today, and even by the 19th century, people were a mix, picking up traits here and there from among many ancestors. That's why I never answer when asked to "type" someone. I prefer to trust my own eyes and pattern recognition skills to give my best estimate as to where certain faces can be found.

Last edited:
I get east alpine (51%) as my first hit, so I guess it's not bad, but my skull measurement is way off for Alpine (C.I. 78.12%).

It’s the E-M35 speaking.

E-M35???

Where would you get a bizarre idea like that? Bavaria, like the Tyrol is E-V13 country, so the odds are overwhelmingly in favor of that.

You also rather missed the point didn't you? In words as simple as I can make them: THE PROGRAM DOESN'T WORK.

People said on another forum that I am atlatomed+dinarid or atlantid+dinarid. Is that correct?
50fea22801bcb079b487105125bf815e.jpg
4a1791662813a55f37665560a037b332.jpg
d484e18ee9e33c995919fba1805ce3af.jpg
74e93f99f63d605c6040c849c5ba2f88.jpg
41813e19d77c5786baf0b18c20e570f0.jpg

This thread has been viewed 12423 times.

Back