Please classify me

Two more photos
2ec24fda099e22f8e543a601f124260d.jpg
c4a35343abf5a6ca94e87b57afcce6f9.jpg

Enviado de meu Pixel 5 usando o Tapatalk

What I see is face shape your father, and perhaps mouth, but eyes and pigmentation your mother, and also probably nose. Like most children you took some traits from each one.

Just recently a Lombard posted on this thread and looked a lot like you. On the other hand, I'm sure there are Iberians who look like you. I saw a good number in Catalonia.

Here's the Southern Italian pigmentation version, more or less, in a Neapolitan actor, Antonio Folletto

antonio-folletto-538004l-600x0-w-6faca86a.jpg

Pigmentation can be very deceiving; the "tells" are the head and face shape and the features.

905357_v9_ba.jpg

Hi HYGILI4K.
I think you are very Italian and your features remind me of those descended from Veneto immigrants. IMO, You would be fine in any country in central or northeastern Europe. Perhaps to a lesser extent in northeastern Spain. Yes, the beard hides some traits a bit. I no longer wear a beard, although I like the style, and I think that makes me look more Portuguese than ever (‘Portuguese like’). I am very similar to my father and my uncles. I don't see in myself traits from people of Northeast Europe like I see in you.

DWYxW3n.jpg

bliK796.jpg

0hWFKYL.jpg

KB7jL5O.jpg

Kah1l6o.jpg

FHWlx43.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you very much Angela and Duarte! Duarte, my compatriot, are your ancestors from North Portugal? Mine are from Castelo Branco.

I think I look more my father, who is 5/8 Veneto (Rovigo, Treviso, Padova, Verona, Veneza) 2/8 south Tuscan (Siena and Livorno) and 1/8 Lombard (Mantova). Bellow there is one photo of him and mom sat and my cousin standing and the others are me (the last one without beard).
49b630944988f3dbe1bb14f8684a7500.jpg
4cb34423e238aa5deb3e3c699a58acfc.jpg
81c91c2d28d6d8b0752ddcadaab9ef88.jpg
038acc333c5d39d76205e18d18346da3.jpg
6596b8a1e3593545e200d53bde3b94b5.jpg
b4458653376c4e21dd12c88b19a9b2d2.jpg

You look more Iberic on this pic without beard!

Thank you very much Angela and Duarte! Duarte, my compatriot, are your ancestors from North Portugal? Mine are from Castelo Branco.

Very cool to know the region of Portugal where your ancestors, came from, HYGILI4K. My Portuguese side is mainly from the North (Trás-os-Montes and Douro), however I have a maternal great-grandfather that was Spanish of Andalusia.

Very cool to know the region of Portugal where your ancestors, HYGILI4K, came from. My Portuguese side is mainly from the North (Trás-os-Montes and Douro), however my maternal great-grandfather was Andalusian.
Very nice my friend! I dream that one day I will visit the little country of our ancestors and Italy! My grandmother came from a village of schist in the Castelo Branco region.

I think I look more my father, who is 5/8 Veneto (Rovigo, Treviso, Padova, Verona, Veneza) 2/8 south Tuscan (Siena and Livorno) and 1/8 Lombard (Mantova). Bellow there is one photo of him and mom sat and my cousin standing and the others are me (the last one without beard).
49b630944988f3dbe1bb14f8684a7500.jpg
4cb34423e238aa5deb3e3c699a58acfc.jpg
81c91c2d28d6d8b0752ddcadaab9ef88.jpg
038acc333c5d39d76205e18d18346da3.jpg
6596b8a1e3593545e200d53bde3b94b5.jpg
b4458653376c4e21dd12c88b19a9b2d2.jpg

you needed to add Vicenza and Belluno provinces to your list and then could have all 7 Veneto provinces in your travels.
you look like your father .............
your family moved around in Italy
my paternal only Treviso and Belluno provinces ............got close to Padova ......stopped at town of Morgano .................and Trentino
my maternal only Treviso and Vicenza provinces

my father

What I see is face shape your father, and perhaps mouth, but eyes and pigmentation your mother, and also probably nose. Like most children you took some traits from each one.

Just recently a Lombard posted on this thread and looked a lot like you. On the other hand, I'm sure there are Iberians who look like you. I saw a good number in Catalonia.

Here's the Southern Italian pigmentation version, more or less, in a Neapolitan actor, Antonio Folletto

antonio-folletto-538004l-600x0-w-6faca86a.jpg

Pigmentation can be very deceiving; the "tells" are the head and face shape and the features.

905357_v9_ba.jpg

Absolutely. People on anthrofora not seldom get misled and confused by pigmentation or a tan for that matter, when they classify people. Besides, before Covid hit, I used to travel a lot to Italy and thus got more familiar with how Italians generally speaking look like. From observation, I can say that Italians display to some extent "diversity" in terms of pigmentation. Concerning this Italian man here, I can tell that his facial features are typically Italian. That said, I'd guessed him rather as Northern or Central Italian. But I know that Italians with the coloring of him or lighter do exist all over Italy, including the South. Btw, I saw some half-Irish and half-Italian-American males on other forums that resembled him too.
The point is, that in order to properly classify people, one has to take a closer look at bone structure and facial features, instead of only going by pigmentation.

For example, with trained eyes, this red-haired Tunisian doesn't really look "European" despite his fair hair and eye coloring.
218058-1528724201.jpg
fakhreddine_ben_youssef_1513449223.jpg
Fakhreddine-Ben-Youssef-384x420.jpg
p06b8pln.png

Absolutely. People on anthrofora not seldom get misled and confused by pigmentation or a tan for that matter, when they classify people. Besides, before Covid hit, I used to travel a lot to Italy and thus got more familiar with how Italians generally speaking look like. From observation, I can say that Italians display to some extent "diversity" in terms of pigmentation. Concerning this Italian man here, I can tell that his facial features are typically Italian. That said, I'd guessed him rather as Northern or Central Italian. But I know that Italians with the coloring of him or lighter do exist all over Italy, including the South. Btw, I saw some half-Irish and half-Italian-American males on other forums that resembled him too.
The point is, that in order to properly classify people, one has to take a closer look at bone structure and facial features, instead of only going by pigmentation.

For example, with trained eyes, this red-haired Tunisian doesn't really look "European" despite his fair hair and eye coloring.
218058-1528724201.jpg
p06b8pln.png

Excelent, do you think I have the typically Italian look?

you needed to add Vicenza and Belluno provinces to your list and then could have all 7 Veneto provinces in your travels.
you look like your father .............
your family moved around in Italy
my paternal only Treviso and Belluno provinces ............got close to Padova ......stopped at town of Morgano .................and Trentino
my maternal only Treviso and Vicenza provinces

my father

Nice Torzio! But I don't have ancestors in Belluno and Vicenza. Some of my ancestors from Roncade were originally from Udine before.

218058-1528724201.jpg
p06b8pln.png

his hair colour is same as my grandfather......italian army records classified his hair colour as chestnut ................he had Green eyes ...army records classified them as Greenish Blue

from his military records

Nice Torzio! But I don't have ancestors in Belluno and Vicenza. Some of my ancestors from Roncade were originally from Udine before.

mine mostly ( paternal ) from Ponzano Veneto, Montebelluna, Postioma, Paese, Villorba, Volpago del Montello and all the towns in between these

my mother was near Asiago and Fonte-Alto

Nice, you are pure Veneto, Torzio. My father's great-grandfather (and my surname) are from Grignano Polesine, and his wife was from San Zenoni degli Ezzelini. Their son, my great-grandfather, married a woman daughter to a guy from Marciana(Elba Island, Livorno, Tuscany) and a woman from Sinalunga(Siena, Tuscany). They had my paternal Grandfather.

My paternal Grandmother is grande daughter to a Man from Padova (Camposampiero) married to a woman from Camposampiero too and a man from Roncade married to a woman from Veneza (Meolo). This are my italian ancestors.

Edit: changed Polêsine tô Polesine.

One northern french guy on Reddit said that I would easily pass in south-eastern France (alpine region).

[QUOTE

218058-1528724201.jpg
p06b8pln.png

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you concerning this narrow focusing of some people on lone pigmentation.
That said I wonder if people like this man spite "southernlike" (not very precise term by the way!) could not be found in Greece or Cyprus? (except this almost kinky hair he has on one of the pics)

Sorry (on more time) Angela and Real Expert, I answered Real Expert!

Nice, you are pure Veneto, Torzio. My father's great-grandfather (and my surname) are from Grignano Polesine, and his wife was from San Zenoni degli Ezzelini. Their son, my great-grandfather, married a woman daughter to a guy from Marciana(Elba Island, Livorno, Tuscany) and a woman from Sinalunga(Siena, Tuscany). They had my paternal Grandfather.

My paternal Grandmother is grande daughter to a Man from Padova (Camposampiero) married to a woman from Camposampiero too and a man from Roncade married to a woman from Veneza (Meolo). This are my italian ancestors.

Edit: changed Polêsine tô Polesine.

what you get directly from your parents is eye colour........skin pigmentation and hair colour can come from any generation of your parentage

blue family eye colour with Green or Grey eyes
or
brown family eye colour with hazel

my mother is from San Zenone and her parents also but grandparents from Fonte Alto and Asiago ....and before this from Monfumo

privately send me your cognome and I will find out if they knew each other in san Zenone..................i cannot ask my 93yo mother anymore, she has dementia and lewybody ...........does not even remember she was married or had children

is Camposampiero near Piombino Dese ......one of my paternal branches which went to Morgano in the 1820's is not far away from padova province
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piombino_Dese

is Camposampiero near Piombino Dese ......one of my paternal branches which went to Morgano in the 1820's is not far away from padova province
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piombino_Dese

Yes, Camposampiero is near Piombino Dese.

My mon has blue eyes and light hair. My father has black hair and dark eyes. I have light brown hair (or dark blond) and Brown eyes.

Yes, Camposampiero is near Piombino Dese.

My mon has blue eyes and light hair. My father has black hair and dark eyes. I have light brown hair (or dark blond) and Brown eyes.

my father had black hair and light green eyes

I was born blond with mid green coloured eyes ...................eyes stayed the same, hair went to mid brown

all my sons have blue eyes ( from their mum ) .........one born with black hair all the others born blond hair ....but became brown by their teens

This thread has been viewed 12485 times.

Back