Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: What is your mental image of what WHG, EEF & ANE look like?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    09-01-22
    Posts
    66


    Country: United States



    What is your mental image of what WHG, EEF & ANE look like?

    It's really funny what some people opinion's are especially in this forum. They're outright wrong 99.99% of the time. For example, some mistake hench corded phenotypes for WHG, mongoloid-esque europid types for ANE, and well you can't get EEF wrong, since there is literally Sardinia with about 80% ANF ancestry.

  2. #2
    Regular Member calf's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-02-22
    Location
    Valdivia
    Age
    40
    Posts
    140

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H-5a

    Ethnic group
    New England
    Country: Angola



    Ancient North Eurasians would look like some Finns and northern Swedes. Which ,yes,would make them look like a east asian/ European people mix. Probably they looked like mestizos from latin America because in the ancient times they had dark or black hair,brown eyes , and light light brown skin.
    Western Hunter gathers I don't know. Early European Farmers, yes would look like sardinians, Sicilians and basques.

    Sent from my LGL322DL using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Elite member
    Join Date
    25-10-11
    Location
    Brittany
    Age
    73
    Posts
    5,553

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b - L21/S145*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H3c

    Ethnic group
    more celtic
    Country: France



    IMO we cannot be sure the today Sardinians have exactly the same look as the first Anatolians farmers.
    But, yes, in today pop's they are surely among the closer ones. Anatolians farmers who came in Greece/Balkans were kind of a selection on a more variated pop. (a hazard choice among Chatal Höyök people).
    Ancient pops had already more than a type, since Paleolithic. They shared uniquely a global tendancy to heavy so called "robust" bones structures, quadrangular eyes-sockets and broad cheekbones; for the other aspects, they were sometimes at the opposites one to another. I agree that in North-East some 'east-asian'like traits were surely present.

  4. #4
    Elite member
    Join Date
    25-10-11
    Location
    Brittany
    Age
    73
    Posts
    5,553

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b - L21/S145*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H3c

    Ethnic group
    more celtic
    Country: France



    Just another thought: it's not in looking at pictures proposed on the net that you can have a statistically serious approach of Sardinians or of other pop's aspects. Particularly with pics of women! If you ar looking for dark Scandinavians and blond blue eyed Southerners or Arabs, or gigantic Pigmees go on the net!

  5. #5
    Regular Member calf's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-02-22
    Location
    Valdivia
    Age
    40
    Posts
    140

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H-5a

    Ethnic group
    New England
    Country: Angola



    I feel that people now days can still resemble ancient people because I see Mapuche Native American people here in Chile thousands of miles away from Asia that look very similar to east asian people,but slightly different. Slightly different probably because they have 30 percent ancient Eurasian peoples mixed with mostly east asian people.
    What i am implying is how could these Chilean natives still have similar facial features like the east Asians in China if peoples appearances over thousands of years changed with the centuries. Im saying what are the chances?

    Sent from my LGL322DL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by calf; 27-11-22 at 14:47.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    09-01-22
    Posts
    66


    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by calf View Post
    I feel that people now days can still resemble ancient people because I see Mapuche Native American people here in Chile thousands of miles away from Asia that look very similar to east asian people,but slightly different. Slightly different probably because they have 30 percent ancient Eurasian peoples mixed with mostly east asian people.

    Sent from my LGL322DL using Tapatalk
    Ofcourse people can still resemble ancient populations, why would you think not? Just because they've "mixed" doesn't mean they haven't inherited traits more or less from one side. Populations if they are mixed are on a "spectrum", in my opinion. For example; East Africans are a mix between SW asian & native SSA peoples. The "spectrum" is that you can find SW asian passing East Africans on one extreme end and some you can find that look ordinary SSA populations on another, but they're genetically the same. Y'know? Phenotype and genotype don't always coinside with eachother.
    Last edited by saraman; 27-11-22 at 08:20.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    09-01-22
    Posts
    66


    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by calf View Post
    Ancient North Eurasians would look like some Finns and northern Swedes. Which ,yes,would make them look like a east asian/ European people mix. Probably they looked like mestizos from latin America because in the ancient times they had dark or black hair,brown eyes , and light light brown skin.
    Western Hunter gathers I don't know. Early European Farmers, yes would look like sardinians, Sicilians and basques.

    Sent from my LGL322DL using Tapatalk
    I disagree with the notion that ANE look like a "mix between Asian and European people" it's not a case that will take you far, realistically. Early East Asians and Early West Eurasians were ancestral and not modern populations.

  8. #8
    Regular Member calf's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-02-22
    Location
    Valdivia
    Age
    40
    Posts
    140

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H-5a

    Ethnic group
    New England
    Country: Angola



    Quote Originally Posted by saraman View Post
    I disagree with the notion that ANE look like a "mix between Asian and European people" it's not a case that will take you far, realistically. Early East Asians and Early West Eurasians were ancestral and not modern populations.
    I don't think that they actually were mixed with east asian peoples ( ANE). I believe that because they evolved in a bright sunny tundra/boreal area that had snow and sun shining off of the snow,that they would evolve to have some type of eyefolds and maybe moderate cheekbones to help protect the eyes from the bright snow. Also they would have had more brown eyes, dark hair,and moderate colored skin.( Blond hair blue eyes is a more recent thing in history)

    Sent from my LGL322DL using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Elite member
    Join Date
    25-10-11
    Location
    Brittany
    Age
    73
    Posts
    5,553

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b - L21/S145*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H3c

    Ethnic group
    more celtic
    Country: France



    Sur, ancient east-Asians of North were not evolved too far in the direction of modern South-east Asians.
    More than one said that by example the West-Siberian HG's had a lot of features recalling either West-Eurasians or East-Asians without we could explain them by a simple crossing. Archaic features. More recently, genuine and neat 'east-asian' and 'west-european' traits occurred there, adding to the complex.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    23-05-21
    Posts
    373


    Ethnic group
    southern EUROPEAN
    Country: Spain



    I believe that EHG and WHG were White.
    I don't care if WHG didn't have SLC24A5, there are a lot of genes that influence pigmentation.

    There's simply no way we have white skin if all our ancestors had brown skin.
    I say it because if Sardinians and Armenians(EEF & CHG) have that complexion of theirs, WHG couldn't have been "dark-skinned" and us have white skin.
    Last edited by Mmiikkii; 04-12-22 at 20:19.

  11. #11
    Elite member
    Join Date
    25-10-11
    Location
    Brittany
    Age
    73
    Posts
    5,553

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b - L21/S145*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H3c

    Ethnic group
    more celtic
    Country: France



    Quote Originally Posted by Mmiikkii View Post
    I believe that EHG and WHG were White.
    I don't care if WHG didn't have SLC24A5, there are a lot of genes that influence pigmentation.

    There's simply no way we have white skin if all our ancestors had brown skin. I say it because if Sardinians and Armenians(EEF & CHG) have that complexion, WHG couldn't have been "dark-skinned".
    Nobody may say: "I'm sure";
    I don't understand why an ancient pigmentated pop couldn't acquire depigmentation, by internal mutation (seemingly excluded for WHG) or by crossings (even not numerous) with a pop or pops who has the mutation, all that AFTER some time to allow drift under strong selection?

  12. #12
    Regular Member torzio's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-05-19
    Location
    Eastern Australia
    Posts
    3,537

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - Y79536
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a

    Ethnic group
    North East Italian
    Country: Australia



    Quote Originally Posted by Mmiikkii View Post
    I believe that EHG and WHG were White.
    I don't care if WHG didn't have SLC24A5, there are a lot of genes that influence pigmentation.
    There's simply no way we have white skin if all our ancestors had brown skin. I say it because if Sardinians and Armenians(EEF & CHG) have that complexion, WHG couldn't have been "dark-skinned".
    in genetics....skin and hair colour can come from any of your lineage in the past 7 generations, its a useless indicator of makeup..................eye colour is the only visible indication directly from your parents

    the 2 main eye colour groups are Blue and brown

    from Blue .........you also get Green and Grey eye colour

    from Brown.....you also get Hazel eye colour
    Fathers mtdna ...... T2b17
    Grandfather paternal mtdna ... T1a1e
    Sons mtdna ...... K1a4p
    Mothers line ..... R1b-S8172
    Grandmother paternal side ... I1-CTS6397
    Wife paternal line ..... R1a-PF6155

    "Fear profits man, nothing"

Similar Threads

  1. WHG and EEF/CHG in the PCA
    By Mmiikkii in forum Paleolithic & Mesolithic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17-11-22, 16:37
  2. Makin a map of EEF, WHG and ANE admixtures in Europe. Please post your data.
    By LeBrok in forum DNA Testing & General Genetics
    Replies: 168
    Last Post: 17-11-21, 18:23
  3. how to calculate your WHG, ANE and EEF precisely
    By voloh in forum Autosomal Genetics
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-05-19, 21:32
  4. Isolating WHG, EEF, EHG, CHG Traits
    By Fire Haired14 in forum Anthropology & Ethnography
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 10-03-18, 01:07
  5. revised EEF-WHG-ANE
    By Sile in forum DNA Testing & General Genetics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17-09-14, 23:29

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •