What is your mental image of what WHG, EEF & ANE look like?

saraman

Banned
Reaction score
It's really funny what some people opinion's are especially in this forum. They're outright wrong 99.99% of the time. For example, some mistake hench corded phenotypes for WHG, mongoloid-esque europid types for ANE, and well you can't get EEF wrong, since there is literally Sardinia with about 80% ANF ancestry.

Ancient North Eurasians would look like some Finns and northern Swedes. Which ,yes,would make them look like a east asian/ European people mix. Probably they looked like mestizos from latin America because in the ancient times they had dark or black hair,brown eyes , and light light brown skin.
Western Hunter gathers I don't know. Early European Farmers, yes would look like sardinians, Sicilians and basques.

Sent from my LGL322DL using Tapatalk

IMO we cannot be sure the today Sardinians have exactly the same look as the first Anatolians farmers.
But, yes, in today pop's they are surely among the closer ones. Anatolians farmers who came in Greece/Balkans were kind of a selection on a more variated pop. (a hazard choice among Chatal Höyök people).
Ancient pops had already more than a type, since Paleolithic. They shared uniquely a global tendancy to heavy so called "robust" bones structures, quadrangular eyes-sockets and broad cheekbones; for the other aspects, they were sometimes at the opposites one to another. I agree that in North-East some 'east-asian'like traits were surely present.

Just another thought: it's not in looking at pictures proposed on the net that you can have a statistically serious approach of Sardinians or of other pop's aspects. Particularly with pics of women! If you ar looking for dark Scandinavians and blond blue eyed Southerners or Arabs, or gigantic Pigmees go on the net!

I feel that people now days can still resemble ancient people because I see Mapuche Native American people here in Chile thousands of miles away from Asia that look very similar to east asian people,but slightly different. Slightly different probably because they have 30 percent ancient Eurasian peoples mixed with mostly east asian people.
What i am implying is how could these Chilean natives still have similar facial features like the east Asians in China if peoples appearances over thousands of years changed with the centuries. Im saying what are the chances?

Last edited:
I feel that people now days can still resemble ancient people because I see Mapuche Native American people here in Chile thousands of miles away from Asia that look very similar to east asian people,but slightly different. Slightly different probably because they have 30 percent ancient Eurasian peoples mixed with mostly east asian people.

Ofcourse people can still resemble ancient populations, why would you think not? Just because they've "mixed" doesn't mean they haven't inherited traits more or less from one side. Populations if they are mixed are on a "spectrum", in my opinion. For example; East Africans are a mix between SW asian & native SSA peoples. The "spectrum" is that you can find SW asian passing East Africans on one extreme end and some you can find that look ordinary SSA populations on another, but they're genetically the same. Y'know? Phenotype and genotype don't always coinside with eachother.

Last edited:
Ancient North Eurasians would look like some Finns and northern Swedes. Which ,yes,would make them look like a east asian/ European people mix. Probably they looked like mestizos from latin America because in the ancient times they had dark or black hair,brown eyes , and light light brown skin.
Western Hunter gathers I don't know. Early European Farmers, yes would look like sardinians, Sicilians and basques.

I disagree with the notion that ANE look like a "mix between Asian and European people" it's not a case that will take you far, realistically. Early East Asians and Early West Eurasians were ancestral and not modern populations.

I disagree with the notion that ANE look like a "mix between Asian and European people" it's not a case that will take you far, realistically. Early East Asians and Early West Eurasians were ancestral and not modern populations.
I don't think that they actually were mixed with east asian peoples ( ANE). I believe that because they evolved in a bright sunny tundra/boreal area that had snow and sun shining off of the snow,that they would evolve to have some type of eyefolds and maybe moderate cheekbones to help protect the eyes from the bright snow. Also they would have had more brown eyes, dark hair,and moderate colored skin.( Blond hair blue eyes is a more recent thing in history)

Sur, ancient east-Asians of North were not evolved too far in the direction of modern South-east Asians.
More than one said that by example the West-Siberian HG's had a lot of features recalling either West-Eurasians or East-Asians without we could explain them by a simple crossing. Archaic features. More recently, genuine and neat 'east-asian' and 'west-european' traits occurred there, adding to the complex.

I believe that EHG and WHG were White.
I don't care if WHG didn't have SLC24A5, there are a lot of genes that influence pigmentation.

There's simply no way we have white skin if all our ancestors had brown skin.
I say it because if Sardinians and Armenians(EEF & CHG) have that complexion of theirs, WHG couldn't have been "dark-skinned" and us have white skin.

Last edited:
I don't care if WHG didn't have SLC24A5, there are a lot of genes that influence pigmentation.

There's simply no way we have white skin if all our ancestors had brown skin. I say it because if Sardinians and Armenians(EEF & CHG) have that complexion, WHG couldn't have been "dark-skinned".

Nobody may say: "I'm sure";
I don't understand why an ancient pigmentated pop couldn't acquire depigmentation, by internal mutation (seemingly excluded for WHG) or by crossings (even not numerous) with a pop or pops who has the mutation, all that AFTER some time to allow drift under strong selection?

There's simply no way we have white skin if all our ancestors had brown skin. I say it because if Sardinians and Armenians(EEF & CHG) have that complexion, WHG couldn't have been "dark-skinned".

in genetics....skin and hair colour can come from any of your lineage in the past 7 generations, its a useless indicator of makeup..................eye colour is the only visible indication directly from your parents

the 2 main eye colour groups are Blue and brown

from Blue .........you also get Green and Grey eye colour

from Brown.....you also get Hazel eye colour

This thread has been viewed 3192 times.

Back