Y dna test

Its me

Reaction score
Ethnic group
I guess somewhere in the Alpha Centauri
I tested with ancestry and used their raw data on Yseq to get to know my haplogroup and it was R1a-CTS121 (i will post a picture down below).I also used Morley tool and it gave me the exact same Haplo.I also got some Z.So why am i making this thread you ask ? Well because i want extra confirmation of my Y haplo from an actual company and from what ive understood there is something some division between STR and SNP based tests.STR one are better for geneology questions for which to be honest i dont really care while SNP ones are better at determing a haplo.Thats what my research showed but i could be wrong.I was about to order a Y37 from FTDNA but found out that LivingDNA does test a huge amoung of Y and mt SNPs and most people are saying that they give pretty accurate results (i dont care about their autosomals since gedmatch and ancestry predicted for the most part what i am and confirmed what i knew from some family roots hunting that i did).LivingDNA also has the plus that they give me my mtDNA while on FTDNA i have to pay another big amount to get it.So should i choose the Y37 or Livings test ?

Bellow are some pictures from i got using ISOG tree and Experimental tree at Morley along with my Yseq results

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg1.jpgfghjfghjfjjhg.jpg

Also whats your opinion on DANTE labs ? They do full genome tests for only 200 euros for black Friday but their name is not that known to me

Attachments

• 1.2.jpg
    1.2.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 73
  • 1.1.jpg
    1.1.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 86
Does anyone have an answer ?

I pulled the trigger on livingDNA.After a lot of research ive decided thats the best choice and if you ever think of FTDNA go straight for a BIG Y since lower level tests aint gonna give any important info and its more like throwing a dice and wishing you get a good number when it comes to matches.Im saying this for anyone that may end in a similar position and finds this post

This thread has been viewed 1289 times.

Back