Ancient DNA, admx. history and endogamy in the prehistoricAegean Skourtaniotietal2022

"As explained, they have admixture from absorbing the greek populations when they absorbed greece and conquered greece."

wth are you talking about dude?Even if i ignore all that pseudohistoric afrocentrist nonsense,your comments do not make any sense.

Quoting ancient greek historians is afrocentrism?
All you have to do is go on amazon and download the books on kindle for like 3 dollars each. For the delphi classic versions. Maybe 10 dollars or something for the penguin classic
Theres maybe even free sources online of the books but different versions.

Quoting ancient greek historians is afrocentrism?
All you have to do is go on amazon and download the books on kindle for like 3 dollars each. For the delphi classic versions. Maybe 10 dollars or something for the penguin classic
Theres maybe even free sources online of the books but different versions.

all this nonsense over and over again
1.Youtube videos made by amateurs using amateur calculators are not a reliable source
2.Using your own videos to back your own claims is hilarious as hell
3.it's really funny to write over & over again "why you question ancient historians" when its actually your own theories about their works.

Seriously dude i have no time to waste on fringe theories backed by dubious sources
Either provide actual data from real scientists or stop wasting my time.

all this nonsense over and over again
1.Youtube videos made by amateurs using amateur calculators are not a reliable source
2.Using your own videos to back your own claims is hilarious as hell
3.it's really funny to write over & over again "why you question ancient historians" when its actually your own theories about their works.

Seriously dude i have no time to waste on fringe theories backed by dubious sources
Either provide actual data from real scientists or stop wasting my time.

https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/sciadv.abi7673

The origin, development, and legacy of the enigmatic Etruscan civilization from the central region of the Italian peninsula known as Etruria have been debated for centuries. Here we report a genomic time transect of 82 individuals spanning almost two millennia (800 BCE to 1000 CE) across Etruria and southern Italy. During the Iron Age, we detect a component of Indo-European–associated steppe ancestry and the lack of recent Anatolian-related admixture among the putative non–Indo-European–speaking Etruscans. Despite comprising diverse individuals of central European, northern African, and Near Eastern ancestry, the local gene pool is largely maintained across the first millennium BCE. This drastically changes during the Roman Imperial period where we report an abrupt population-wide shift to ~50% admixture with eastern Mediterranean ancestry. Last, we identify northern European components appearing in central Italy during the Early Middle Ages, which thus formed the genetic landscape of present-day Italian populations

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8462907/#!po=1.38889

1f0SceT.jpeg

mLnVBxu.jpeg

dyPNMTE.jpeg

Deleted: Posted in violation of moderator warning.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had enough of this stupidity. Never have I see a scientific thread deteriorate so completely, so quickly.

The GODS of the Greek and Roman pantheon were NOT people. They were personifications of attributes or forces of nature. They tell us nothing of DNA or descent which is the freaking topic of this thread.

Next off topic post and any future ones I see will be deleted.

Understood???

Danaus and Cadmus were of Greek origin. The myth can be interpreted as Greeks ruling Egypt and Phoenicia then returning back to Greece. Danaus returns to claim the throne of Argos because he was descended from the king of Argos.
This is incorrect. The video address clearly Daunus was egyptian decent. And origin.
Also, he is referenced in menethos book as son of belus who migrated to greece argos.
About danaus its shown @ 6:44

However, it seems like people don't want to read through the video.
Also, there is no evidence that cadmus is greek origin

For they say that Orpheus, upon visiting Egypt and participating in the initiation and mysteries of Dionysus, adopted them and as a favour to the descendants of Cadmus, since he was kindly disposed to them and received honours at their hands, transferred the birth of the god to Thebes; and the common people, partly out of ignorance and partly out of their desire to have the god thought to be a Greek, eagerly accepted his initiatory rites and mysteries. 3 What led Orpheus to transfer the birth and rites of the god, they say, was something like this. 4 [Cadmus, who was a citizen of Egyptian Thebes, begat several children, of whom one was Semelê; she was violated by an unknown person, became pregnant, and after seven months gave birth to a child whose appearance was such as the Egyptians

Also He was son of Aegnor, who was son of Belus, an Egyptian king, so Cadmus and Danaus were kin through egyptian decent and bloodline
854affe601e17a4197d94fc5b9547363.jpg
6c16403a45550daf403105610aacf910.jpg

Sent from my SM-X900 using Tapatalk

It is not unexpected if you read herodotus and diodorus. Ancient greek gods and heracles were egyptain decent. So was persues from libya. And daunus was. Also, cadmus came from phonecia. The greeks derived their script and phonecians, and the phonecians were a mariteam empire existing since about 2500BC to 2000 BC. This is even before our earliest known sample for J-L283. Its not that they didn't stay. Their population may be depleted through a genocide. And so there would be low percentage left of greek near eastern E1b decended from those ancient ones.

There wasn't any Phoenician maritme empire before Carthage. Carthage started conquering foreign lands in the 6th century BC. There were Phoenician colonies in the Mediterranean but the first ones were founded in the 9th and 8th century bc, or at best maybe the 10th century bc if you count Kition in Cyprus, and they weren't part of any empire. There absolutely was NOT a Phoenician empire or even Phoenician colonies outside the Levant in 2500 or 2000 BC.

Last edited:
Danaus and Cadmus were of Greek origin. The myth can be interpreted as Greeks ruling Egypt and Phoenicia then returning back to Greece. Danaus returns to claim the throne of Argos because he was descended from the king of Argos.

greeks where in eastern Libya

According to Greek tradition, Cyrene was founded in 631 BC as a settlement of Greeks from the island of Thera, traditionally led by Battus I,[6] at a site 16 kilometres (10 mi) from its associated port, Apollonia (Marsa Sousa). Traditional details concerning the founding of the city are contained in Herodotus' Histories IV. Cyrene promptly became the chief town of Libya and established commercial relations with all the Greek cities, reaching the height of its prosperity under its own kings in the 5th century BC.

Thera island is Santa Irena in Venetian and Santorini in Italian

The hyskos rule about 1580 to 1550 BC.

No, they ruled from around 1650 or earlier, to 1550 BC. This coincides with the early Mycenaean shaft grave period. In both cases we have the appearance of a ruling elite associated with chariots. We also find Minoan frescos in the Hyksos palace in Egypt.

The hyskos rule about 1580 to 1550 BC.

No, they ruled from around 1650 or earlier, to 1550 BC. This coincides with the early Mycenaean shaft grave period. In both cases we have the appearance of a ruling elite associated with chariots. We also find Minoan frescoes in the Hyksos palace in Egypt. Hyksos scarabs also have the same Aegean spiral designs on them as are seen on Mycenaean shaft grave stelae.

stop believing psuedo science that has no backing from any kind of historical source.

That's funny. You're citing mythology as history, but in the mythology you're citing the king of Egypt is descended from the king of Argos in Greece.

That's funny. You're citing mythology as history, but in the mythology you're citing the king of Egypt is descended from the king of Argos in Greece.

Its not mythology. Archeological and dna evidence suggest it also for hyksos. Watch the video. whereas you have literally no evidence. Including from ancient historians.

Yes, and the ancient historians say it about persues and daunus ect.

What ancient historical source you have for that? None.
The ancient greek sources said he was a god of egypt. Among the 12 gods of egypt.

12 Gods of Egypt?:LOL:
Never seen so many absurd and pseudohistorical nonsenses in just one thread.
This thread about pre-historic aegean genetics got really derailed

12 Gods of Egypt?:LOL:
Never seen so many absurd and pseudohistorical nonsenses in just one thread.
This thread about pre-historic aegean genetics got really derailed

I agree. Let's go back to the topic before we all get carried away. And if some here want to argue about Greek and Egyptian gods, they should open another thread.

Of course you haven't. Because you never looked at what ancient greek authors say..
There is no such thing as "12 gods of Egypt" booby, ancient Egyptians worshipped hundreds Gods,9 of them were the main deities.
Wardener(it's obvious that is you with a new account) keep your pseudohistoric nonsense out of a thread about prehistoric Aegean,i won't waste more time with your delusions

I agree. Let's go back to the topic before we all get carried away. And if some here want to argue about Greek and Egyptian gods, they should open another thread.

Hope so,got tired reading all these nonsense

Hey guys, I was reading this thread and the new samples published are very interesting. Any thoughts on the admixture models they used on the aegean samples? I don't have the best knowledge and currently reading a lot, but would be interesting to hear opinions on the methods they used and the findings.

This thread has been viewed 58226 times.

Back