Ethnic group
Italian
Y-DNA haplogroup
R-PF7566 (R-Y227216)
mtDNA haplogroup
H6a1b7
3gYCd6K.jpg

:startled:

https://www.science.org/content/art...-guinea-immune-advantage#.Y5TdvztrMQM.twitter

If they were as friendly as Harry, yes, there was some chance that modern humans, migrants from Africa, would have mated with them.

Good grief. Well, age isn't kind to anyone.

It might have been a kindness to show him how he would have been in young adulthood.

I don't know if that's from the same remains, but anyway, as this artist sees them, much better looking and certainly better looking than Neanderthals.

As for the mating thing, it's my considered opinion that most of the males of our species would have sex with just about any woman. Women are much, much pickier.

Notice I said have sex, not marry or even seriously date. That's different.

Well, women are really picky unless he's really wealthy, because sadly a lot of women are mercenary. I've reminded my husband on numerous occasions that I married him when he didn't have the proverbial pot. :) Not an evolutionarily sound decision, but then I've always been an idealist and a romantic. :)

It was a competition who make the ugliest reconstruction? :)

this denisova dude is not alain delon thats for sure :LOL:

E3LJu7_WQAEPlj1

I'm not so sure about all this hair all over his body.
Our ancestors allready lost their fur 2 million years ago.
That is when they started to produce melanin and got a black skin as protection against the sun.
The skin under the fur was pink like many mammals with furs have today.

I'm not so sure about all this hair all over his body.
Our ancestors allready lost their fur 2 million years ago.
That is when they started to produce melanin and got a black skin as protection against the sun.
The skin under the fur was pink like many mammals with furs have today.

To say my true opinion, these reconstructions ar everything but scientific.
Concerning skin colour and hairs, Chimps present two kinds: very light skin and very dark skin according to subraces, spite they all have relatively dense dark body hair.
The breast hair on this reconstruction is very surprising, as you say. In nature hair follows always kind of distribution and
lines of orientation, not this sort of carpet.

This reconstruction is more similar to a Chinese (actually to a Mongolian) than to a Papuan. Currently, the Papuans are the people who have the highest percentage of Denisovan, that is, much higher than that of the Chinese, although the Denisovan type of the Papuans is different from the Denisovan type of the Chinese, in general.

December 8, 2022,
Denisovan introgression has shaped the immune system of present-day Papuans

Denisovan alleles segregating within modern human populations are likely to actively participate in gene regulatory processes, especially those that take place within immune-related cells. This agrees with recent findings from a study that analysed the genome of present-day people of Taiwan, the Philippines, the Solomon Islands and Vanuatu. While further experimental validation of our observations is necessary in order to characterise the genome-wide impact of archaic introgression, the results presented in this study argue for a potential contribution of Denisovan variants to immune-related phenotypes amongst early modern humans in the region, potentially favouring adaptation to the local environment.

https://journals.plos.org/plosgenetics/article?id=10.1371/journal.pgen.1010470#sec020

The reconstruction is in my opinion not very accurate, according to the present SNPs. The skin color is dark, the eyes are also dark. The hair structure is likely African or very curly hair:

Reconstruction made with facemaker based on 88 SNPs:

Seems the artist was strongly influenced by the idea, that Denisovans represent some type of Proto-Mongolian phenotype, but they dont.

it's a pity the reconstructors in 'racemaker' didn't translate very well in shapes and proportions the data provided by the SNP's. That said, some of the results of these SNP's are clear and confirm what you (Doggerland) say here. The first Humans surely come from Africa to remote Eastern Asia had very few and little in common with the most typical current East-Asians of strong 'mongoloid' imput.

'facemaker', typo error, sorry

Denisovans ranged from Siberia and all the way to Australia

Denisovans contributed genes to present-day Melanesians and Indigenous Australians, so must have been present in an area where they could interact with the ancestors of these people as they migrated across southern Asia.

what are these joke artists trying to figure out ?

Denisovans samples could also be near the border with Neanderthals ............most probably mixed

This thread has been viewed 4477 times.

Back