Health Cancer maps of Europe

Maciamo

Veteran member
Admin
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italo-celto-germanic
I have made maps showing the death rate from various types of cancer in and around Europe. Some types of cancer are clearly linked to the lifestyle.

Cancer_rate.png

Lung cancer rates do not only depend on the percentage of smokers, but also on air quality. As you can see here, the Balkans have the worst air pollution in Europe, so it's not surprising that lung cancer is more an issue there too. Britain, the Netherlands and Belgium have high population, so lots of traffic, but also lots of industries, which all negatively affect air quality. In contrast Norway, Sweden, Finland, Austria and Switzerland are known for the excellent air quality and all have low rates of lung cancer.

lung_cancer_death_rate.png

pancreas_cancer_death_rate.png

liver_cancer_death_rate.png

stomach_cancer_death_rate.png

Alcohol consumption increases the risk for all types of cancer, but especially for breast cancer. So it's not surprising to find higher rates in Slavic and Baltic countries, where alcohol consumption has been historically high (even though it decreased a bit recently), while Turkey, a Muslim country, has a very low alcohol consumption and also a very low rate of breast cancer.

breast_cancer_death_rate.png

Prostate cancer appears to be far more of an issue in northern Europe, although I am not sure why.

prostate_cancer_death_rate.png

Portugal ..high for stomach cancer ?..........is it because of a fish diet ?

Prostate cancer for North Europe ......not enough sex would be one reason

I have made maps showing the death rate from various types of cancer in and around Europe. Some types of cancer are clearly linked to the lifestyle.

Prostate cancer appears to be far more of an issue in northern Europe, although I am not sure why.

prostate_cancer_death_rate.png

[FONT=&quot] Diet high in calcium plays a role? Or dairy. Some don't fit 100% like e.g. Finland but some studies have supported a correlation or something.

Other than that the best thing about Islam (one of the few) is prohibiting alcohol. [/FONT]

Regional states could show a less steep transition between cetain countries I think.
Besides genetic, a lot of things about nutrition (meat, steamed meat and fish, milk... and drinks too) could explain the differences, on a general cancer plan; but maybe prostate is a sepcific case?

Sorry, I skip over a lot of maps! What amaze me is the differences between diverse sorts of cancer!

Diet high in calcium plays a role? Or dairy. Some don't fit 100% like e.g. Finland but some studies have supported a correlation or something.

"the risk of lung cancer was 45 per cent lower, breast cancer 21 per cent lower and ovarian cancer 39 per cent lower in lactose-intolerant individuals. The study also looked at cancer incidence in close family members of the study participants but their cancer rates were the same as in the general population. The authors of the study suggested that dairy products might be increasing cancer risk due to the high amounts of fats, particularly saturated fat, and some growth hormones, such as IGF-1 (both of which have been linked to the development of cancer)."

https://viva.org.uk/health/healthy-...ealthy/diet-and-cancer/igf-1-diet-and-cancer/

This thread has been viewed 2809 times.

Back