What are best calculators for analyzing Italian DNA, both ancient & modern?

Malaparte

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian, English, Irish
Y-DNA haplogroup
G2a-Z1903>>PF6863
mtDNA haplogroup
HV16
Over the last several years of sporadically visiting the Eupedia site I have seen various calculators introduced for analyzing Italian ancestry, not a few by Jovialis. I am half British Isles & half Calabrian, and I have finally obtained my father's raw data.

Which 3 tests should I run my father's data through, with an eye to both modern & ancient ancestry?

Over the last several years of sporadically visiting the Eupedia site I have seen various calculators introduced for analyzing Italian ancestry, not a few by Jovialis. I am half British Isles & half Calabrian, and I have finally obtained my father's raw data.

Which 3 tests should I run my father's data through, with an eye to both modern & ancient ancestry?

Malaparte: Jovialis has a model using Dodecad K12 which has Minoan, Yamnaya, CHG, etc, etc components that models Modern Italians quite well. He can give you the source populations for that model and you can run it against your Fathers Dodecad 12B coordinates. The model Jovialis produced works very, very, well for me, and other Americans in the Italian diaspora and some of the Italians that post here. From my perspective, his model produces results consistent with several recent published papers on the genetics of Italy.

This thread has been viewed 1036 times.

Back