Do Portuguese and Galicians come from "France"?

Mmiikkii

Reaction score
Ethnic group
southern EUROPEAN
The Portuguese and Galicians claim to be and look Celtic have haplogroup R-DF27...

They also brought a Celtic language and culture that we know of from archeology. Paloegenomics show that during that same time the percentage of ancestry from Central Europe rose all over the Iberian Peninsula.

That can only mean that branches of DF27 were like a satellite population of the Gauls, living in what we know today as southern France.
They adopted their culture and language , and then joined the rest of the Hispanics in Iberia later during the Iron Age.

There's no other explanation possible. So we should conclude that R1b-DF27 wasn't born in Iberia as the scientific consensus claims, it should have appeared in France.

If DF27 is not born in Iberia, it surely appeared close to it, at low rates, but its demographic boom took surely place in northeastern Iberia rather than in today France if we base ourselves upon the today distribution.

I think r1b spread went from north Africa to Iberian peninsula, and from there to the rest of the continent, so its other way around

I think r1b spread went from north Africa to Iberian peninsula, and from there to the rest of the continent, so its other way around

Very surprising statement, indeed!!!

No, R1b comes from the area of Austria/Germany before exploding in numbers in the West.

Before that you most likely had it from Czechia to Ukraine.

If DF27 is not born in Iberia, it surely appeared close to it, at low rates, but its demographic boom took surely place in northeastern Iberia rather than in today France if we base ourselves upon the today distribution.

Yes, I think that they already stretched along the border area.
I'm not even sure that the Castillian(Z220) and Aragonese(L176.2) branches entered through the NE. I think Z220 could have entered through the Atlantic border (Basque country).

From the little that is known about the language of the Lusitanians (Portugal) we know that it is indo-european but it does not seem to be Celtic but rather an autonomous branch of the italoceltics that may even have more similarities with the Italic branch.

This thread has been viewed 2320 times.

Back