Here Come the Metrosexuals

haha I'v not heard that song in years,, lumberjack! brings back years of badness/hideing things/ too this day I still dont believe that my parents have heard "lumberjack song" because we all hide it and it would have scared the life out of my mum and dad!!!:bow:

Oh yeah.

I guess that makes me a phat metrosexual, hmm? :D :bluush: :cool:
Great article.

I so totally love Monty Python!!

Speaking of Monty Python, their group performed at George Harrison's tribute concert a few years ago. Rather unnecessary intermissions, but quite amusing. I think Queen Liz's stiff upper lip turned into a smile of bemused rubbernecking satisfaction.

well, I think it should be quite ok, if they like it... (but say... isn't makeup... a bit overdoing... o_O)

wish i was one and had taste... my friends say i dress like the smackheads in "Idle Fingers"... shabby :( baggy jeans havent been "in" for a while i guess.. makes me feel comfortable tho... i do pluck inbetween my eyebrows tho

(have a scar slitting down right between my eyes and hair tends to grow on the edges... eeeeew... makes me look macho tho :cool: .. aslong as i get the little silky hairs off it that is ^_^)

Last edited:
I'm glad this "metrosexual" things is happening. Sometimes it pisses me off how some people give you weird looks or think you're gay if you like to shave your armpits or use a little eye makeup or whatever you feel like. I you look good by using some "feminine" means then so what? Maybe it'll get more accepted as it becomes more common.

Now I wish I had the money to get myself looking good. ^^

I think it's time for a nay-sayer to give his piece of mind. :D

Personally, I don't like the metrosexual fashion. It's not that it makes men look "gay", because I can deal with the gay issue, it's the fact that men are now been targeted and exploited for they lack of self-esteem. It's not original. Anyone read or saw images, movies or documentaries of XVIth, XVIIth century males? Does anyone feel like wandering around with their face white, a big wig, and a fake moll, wearing tights?
Does anyone think that fashion will be back soon? Because I can add some more bizarre fashions that started (and fortunately died).

One thing is dressing for being socially accepted, like wearing a suit for work, or dressing up for going out, but other thing is parading like it was Mardi Gras, having the slightest hope that he or she is in fashion and not in ridicule.

I'll never be a metrosexual, because though I am terribly picky of what I wear, I don't let anyone else influence what I want and what I feel comfortable in, and though I have laughed at some feminine fashions, I look with dread at the possible future male fashions.

Best fashion yet? Personnal Hygiene. :D

Last edited:
Lineartube, my thoughts go along with you also. I definately could be considered borderline metrosexual, minus the makeup, and 80% of feminine things included with that title. I wear trendy clothes you could say but I stay in the MENS department never have ventured off to the womens side or womens stores.

I think that people will realize that personal hygeine is the best thing to fix ones self up. If you keep your hair trimmed nice and tight, your facial hair styled to how you like in a nice manner (no long grandpa face mullets), Keep yourself clean and use some bodywash to give you a nice scent, keep some mild/medium smelling cologne on and get yourself some decent clothes (to your own style of course not the guy on tv) and then keep your mouth clean! Invest in some mouthwash, and cleaning products.

Though many see this as being "Metrosexual" it is not.

playaa said:
Lineartube, my thoughts go along with you also. I definately could be considered borderline metrosexual, minus the makeup, and 80% of feminine things included with that title. I wear trendy clothes you could say but I stay in the MENS department never have ventured off to the womens side or womens stores.

I think that people will realize that personal hygeine is the best thing to fix ones self up. If you keep your hair trimmed nice and tight, your facial hair styled to how you like in a nice manner (no long grandpa face mullets), Keep yourself clean and use some bodywash to give you a nice scent, keep some mild/medium smelling cologne on and get yourself some decent clothes (to your own style of course not the guy on tv) and then keep your mouth clean! Invest in some mouthwash, and cleaning products.

Though many see this as being "Metrosexual" it is not.

If this is going to carry on, then men will forever be stuck with only shirts and pants and no other fancyful clothing like skirts and dresses..... Please see this thread to join the poll on whether men can wear skirts and feel free to give your comments. Thank you for your valuable time and effort.

I'll never be a Metrosexual, since I'm lazy, I hate shopping and I'm a cheap bastard.

sounds like a "trend" to me. funny how one day the ruff and tumble tatered look is popular, and the next its utlra-yuppie.

It's like the Budweiser ad about Hawaiian shirts -- "Sure, women say they hate them. But insde, they're all swooning for the big kahuna!" Who needs to be a metrosexual when you can wander down to your local Goodwill (or other thrift store), pick up a couple of brightly patterned shirts for 50 cents a piece, and suddenly, all eyes are on you.
Fashion at its best and yes, this was me in college. Maybe if I keep wearing them, I can start a new trend!

Satori said:
What in the hell is going on? Are straight men turning gay?

What the f**k!? What are you on about? Why shouln?Lt men wanna dress up and look nice too? Shopping isn?Lt only for girls!!

Besides, guys who dress up and wear makeup are HOT hehe, just look at the j-rock guys...

:wave:

I don't have a problem with metrosexual men to an extent. I don't think I would date a guy who wears make up. I thought that ended in the 80's. Wich reminds me I saw this picture of a Japanese singer and I thought Wow she is a very pretty woman. Come to find out it was a man I think his name was Gackt. Talk about shocked he looked just like a woman. That was really wierd.

isayhello said:
Besides, guys who dress up and wear makeup are HOT hehe, just look at the j-rock guys...

:wave:

But shouldn't be too hot that even boys like them too!

The metrosexual male. For some odd reason, I find it very attractive for a man to have a strong sense of vanity. But that's just me. :bluush:

Mcspi said:
I don't have a problem with metrosexual men to an extent. I don't think I would date a guy who wears make up. I thought that ended in the 80's. Wich reminds me I saw this picture of a Japanese singer and I thought Wow she is a very pretty woman. Come to find out it was a man I think his name was Gackt. Talk about shocked he looked just like a woman. That was really wierd.

But Gackt is soo hot! He's very beautiful. I find the feminine men attractive, since - I like it when they are vain and dress upp a lot. This doesn't mean I find women attractive, cause even if Mana and Gackt might look like women in some peoples eyes, they are still men, and they are soo good looking: I'm heterosexual, I just LOVE the Bishonen!! :love:

Men who wears make-up are pretty, but not all. The same goes with women, I guess, some women put on too much make up and just look wierd...

This thread has been viewed 27300 times.

Back