qpAdm Neolithic ancestry of ancient Aegeans/Balkans/Anatolians/Levant/Italy + moderns

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Greek Cypriot
yf7M8Zv.png

I wasn't planning to model Iranians originally so i had to add 2 East Eurasian reference pops for them that i didn't use on the rest of the models, the results don't change anyway if i add it to the others, so i don't have to remake them.

I didn't like the older charts i made on another thread because i placed Jordan_PPNB to the reference pops while Natufian an older population was a proxy/source pop, i shouldn't have done that. In this model i also use ANF + PPNB as a proxy instead of ANF +Natufian.

Before you say anything about the South Italian/Sicilian EHG first pay attention to the Standard Errors. 1% of EHG difference due to Standard Errors means 2% Steppe and there are usually 1-3% Standard Errors. Also Iron Age Balkans had excess EHG, if South Italians have Balkan ancestry then their EHG will be relatively higher.

Hi, it is all relatively clear.
Funny how Georgia and Armenia differ in Levant neolithic.
also how come Siria has such a low p-value? looks like some component is missing or missrepresented for them (and also in others therefore).
hope it was useful

Hi, it is all relatively clear.
Funny how Georgia and Armenia differ in Levant neolithic.
also how come Siria has such a low p-value? looks like some component is missing or missrepresented for them (and also in others therefore).
hope it was useful

Georgia and Armenia are supposed to differ in Levant Neolithic, nothing weird about that but the CHG/Iran N merged proxy might was taking some of the PPNB from Georgia since Georgians have much more CHG than Iran N. I'm going to make another table but with normal CHG Kotias vs Iran N Ganj proxies. This table was meant to show the total CHG/Iran N related ancestry just to compare the shifts.

Syria might was missing an East Asian proxy.

This thread has been viewed 3224 times.

Back