"New York" accent

Regarding MTA, it is only very recently that a pre-print came out that can confirm ancient IBD analysis for academic papers. I wouldn't trust features that tries to confirm direct ancestry with ancient population for consumer-genomics tests yet.

Wait a minute, don't commercial genomic tests use IBD already in their comparisons with modern populations? Do they just use best fit, least squares?

Wait a minute, don't commercial genomic tests use IBD already in their comparisons with modern populations? Do they just use best fit, least squares?

I don't think MTA has released any white papers regarding Deep Dive, or other aspects of their methodology.

OMG, we've got another one.
He thinks that the Sicilians were/are Germanic.:LOL:

Also he is unaware of the mess caused by the somewhat unstable Longobards/Lombards in Italian history.
At least the Normans set up a coherent, well-run kingdom in Southern Italy and Sicily.

He thinks that the Sicilians were/are Germanic.:LOL:

Also he is unaware of the mess caused by the somewhat unstable Longobards/Lombards in Italian history.
At least the Normans set up a coherent, well-run kingdom in Southern Italy and Sicily.

Yes, that's when I stopped reading the post. :)

The number of unstable, obsessive people attracted to this hobby is just incredible. It's like a magnet.

I have less and less interest as a result.

Indeed, the number of unstable people, especially young people, seems to be increasing exponentially. I used to blame it on too many drugs at too young ages, but maybe there's more to it than that. Perhaps, it's a mistake to turn away from the traditions of the past. They became traditions because they worked. The weakest among us need boundaries, certainties, that help control the darkness within.

This thread has been viewed 4655 times.

Back