Films & Series Netflix docu-series with a black Queen Cleopatra.

There seems to be a cult-like contingency of black extremists in Hollywood making these claims. Jada Pickette Smith was an executive producer and narrator to this. Kevin Hart made claims about Egyptians being black recently. Then you have people like Kanye and that Nicks player espousing Black Hebrew Israelite rethoric. I think this has also been motivation for mass murder. There's a black Hebrew Israelite on trial right now for murdering 11 jews in NYC.

I recall a code of conduct by BLM was to shout down people that argued using fact based evidence. This mind set is exemplified by the clip with the woman saying, "I don't care what they taught you in school."

Essentially they are saying their anger and determination can alter history to suit their agenda.

"They Are Stealing My Culture!"

Egyptian comedian Bassem Youssef, in Piers Morgan Uncensored, speaks out against cultural appropriation and the controversy surrounding the casting of Adele James in the lead role of Cleopatra in Netflix's “documentary”. He slams the Afrocentric movement, and Hollywood, for cultural appropriation of Egyptian culture and history. The expressions of Ernest Owens, who defends the casting of the documentary, are priceless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qVKPyQ8lnc

In fact African Americans are people of Niger-Congolese ancestry. To say that the Egyptians were black (in the ethnic sense) is to want to misappropriate an ancient culture whose legitimate heirs are the modern Egyptians. It is a disgrace that African-Americans do not openly assume the importance of West African cultures that are in fact related to them in origin, in order to spread an ancestral heritage that does not belong to them, as their own. African-Americans are fascinated by Egyptian culture, as is the rest of the modern world, but that does not entitle them to cultural appropriation just because ancient Egypt was geographically located in Africa. Pan-Africanism is an utopia defended by Afrocentrists. Structural racism is a plague that plagues the Americas (and the Iberian Peninsula as well), but it is not by falsifying history that we are going to solve this problem. That said, I post a music video performed by great African American talents. The clip was set somewhere in ancient Egypt and was starry by great and talented black artists that I admire so much.

"They Are Stealing My Culture!"

Egyptian comedian Bassem Youssef, in Piers Morgan Uncensored, speaks out against cultural appropriation and the controversy surrounding the casting of Adele James in the lead role of Cleopatra in Netflix's “documentary”. He slams the Afrocentric movement, and Hollywood, for cultural appropriation of Egyptian culture and history. The expressions of Ernest Owens, who defends the casting of the documentary, are priceless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qVKPyQ8lnc

Unfortunately Bassem Youssef missed the point as well a number of times going into the political aspects of today. What did ancient Egypt have to do with today's Palestinian issue?

Unfortunately Bassem Youssef missed the point as well a number of times going into the political aspects of today. What did ancient Egypt have to do with today's Palestinian issue?

I had only seen him before at a Jon Stewart show. He's a supporter of Palestine, which is natural for an Egyptian and a Muslim and he couldn't resist talking about it. But you're right, it has nothing to do with Ancient Egypt.

In fact African Americans are people of Niger-Congolese ancestry. To say that the Egyptians were black (in the ethnic sense) is to want to misappropriate an ancient culture whose legitimate heirs are the modern Egyptians. It is a disgrace that African-Americans do not openly assume the importance of West African cultures that are in fact related to them in origin, in order to spread an ancestral heritage that does not belong to them, as their own. African-Americans are fascinated by Egyptian culture, as is the rest of the modern world, but that does not entitle them to cultural appropriation just because ancient Egypt was geographically located in Africa. Pan-Africanism is an utopia defended by Afrocentrists. Structural racism is a plague that plagues the Americas (and the Iberian Peninsula as well), but it is not by falsifying history that we are going to solve this problem. That said, I post a music video performed by great African American talents. The clip was set somewhere in ancient Egypt and was starry by great and talented black artists that I admire so much.

I think if they argue about the symbolic significance of the Nubian dynasty that ruled for a time, that would at least be viable. Imo

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty-fifth_Dynasty_of_Egypt

This thread has been viewed 4021 times.

Back