Films & Series Netflix docu-series with a black Queen Cleopatra.

real expert

Reaction score
"It controversially added the Greek Queen of Egypt Cleopatra to its list of “blackwashed” historical figures & thus received much criticism for its revisionism

gbv-870x418.png

Narrated and executive produced by Jada Pinkett Smith, Netflix documentary ‘Queen Cleopatra’ supposedly explores the queen’s legacy and the untold story of her reign, a plot which has been overshadowed by her romance with Mark Antony and is now being “blackwashed” by Netflix.

10-13-300x280.jpg

Cleopatra VII Philopator (Greek: Κλεοπάτρα Φιλοπάτωρ; 69 BC – 10 August 30 BC), often referred to simply as Cleopatra, was Queen of the Ptolemaic Kingdom of Egypt, and its last active ruler.

A member of the Ptolemaic dynasty, she was a descendant of its founder Ptolemy I Soter, a Macedonian Greek general and companion of Alexander the Great. After the death of Cleopatra, Egypt became a province of the Roman Empire, marking the end of the second to last Hellenistic state and the age that had lasted since the reign of Alexander (336–323 BC).
Her native language was Koine Greek, and she was the only Ptolemaic ruler to learn the Egyptian language.
In 58 BC, Cleopatra presumably accompanied her father, Ptolemy XII Auletes, during his exile to Rome after a revolt in Egypt (a Roman client state), allowing his daughter Berenice IV to claim the throne. Berenice was killed in 55 BC when Ptolemy returned to Egypt with Roman military assistance.
341077837_618933523441544_142355456460912818_n-222x300.jpg

(People have already started making fun of it…)"

https://en.protothema.gr/queen-cleo...pt-to-list-of-blackwashed-historical-figures/

Official Trailer:

watch

The fact that this is a Netflix documentary should already tell you where they are headed. After Netflix made a Norwegian male Viking chieftain, Haakon (a historical person), a black woman, this was to be expected. " My grandmother use to say - I dont care what they teach in school, Cleopatra was black" = an elderly lady shown by Netflix as a source for their documentary.:LOL::LOL:

Then if you dress like Blacks or have dreadlocks they whine and call for cultural appropriation. 🤡

The weirdest thing in all of this is how they defend this casting calling Cleopatra "a melanated sister"... Yikes

Netflix continues to be absolute garbage.

Cleopatra was Greek, her name was Greek.

What do you expect from a company that gave Graham Hancock a platform.

This is just a way to make money off of the ignorance and stupidity of the masses. Also to gas us all up, so we are drafted into a discussion that will generate controversy.

Nobody should watch this, and just continue to speak the truth of the history. Admonish people that speak lies, and never capitulate to a lie.

I honestly don't get it. Surely the executives at Netflix have a college degree and can read the English language. A two minute foray into Goggle should have put them straight if they didn't learn it at school.

Why finance a project which you know is a lie? What does it get these white executives to perpetrate these kinds of lies? It's madness.

I honestly don't get it. Surely the executives at Netflix have a college degree and can read the English language. A two minute foray into Goggle should have put them straight if they didn't learn it at school.

Why finance a project which you know is a lie? What does it get these white executives to perpetrate these kinds of lies? It's madness.

Indeed, It boggles the mind. I think some people actually believe there's some grand conspiracy to cover up the truth about blacks seeding these great civilizations. It's pathological.

Because a lot of the truthful projects they funded in the past didn't make money. A lot of lie-filled ones became huge. The only question to them is whether or not there is financial potential. As the world is mad enough and Jada got some traction, they went for it.
It's up to people to educate their children properly.
Most of what we are currently looking at is unreliable to say the least.

Because a lot of the truthful projects they funded in the past didn't make money. A lot of lie-filled ones became huge. The only question to them is whether or not there is financial potential. As the world is mad enough and Jada got some traction, they went for it.
It's up to people to educate their children properly.
Most of what we are currently looking at is unreliable to say the least.

I experience similar feelings when I publish new findings regarding rh- blood just to realize that at the same time someone posts a video with "proof" that rh- blood comes from aliens or "Atlantis" and gets more viewers than me. I blame the posters less than the mindless viewers of such garbage. They want to feel special about themselves just as many viewers of the Cleopatra nonsense. Reality isn't important. Until the world stops getting dumber, we are bound to have to live with a lot more of such mess.

I experience similar feelings when I publish new findings regarding rh- blood just to realize that at the same time someone posts a video with "proof" that rh- blood comes from aliens or "Atlantis" and gets more viewers than me. I blame the posters less than the mindless viewers of such garbage. They want to feel special about themselves just as many viewers of the Cleopatra nonsense. Reality isn't important. Until the world stops getting dumber, we are bound to have to live with a lot more of such mess.

This is only 2023. Imagine if the trend continues towards 2500:

I spoke with someone about this, and they tried to say it was like the opera, where the race doesn't matter. First off, that's wrong, because they're trying to insist that her being black may be true. It is absolutely not.

Secondly, if that standard for the opera was actually true, than would there ever be a version of Porgy and Bess (which I've seen too), where the black slaves are played by Europeans, Latin Americans, East Asians, South Asians, Eskimos, etc.? Somehow I doubt it.

Last edited:
That's really disgraceful of Netflix to make a series like this, especially parodying as a documentary!

I spoke with someone about this, and they tried to say it was like the opera, where the race doesn't matter. First off, it that's wrong, because they're trying to insist that her being black may be true. It is absolutely not.

Secondly, if that standard for the opera was actually true, than would there ever be a version of Porgy and Bess (which I've seen too), where the black slaves are played by Europeans, Latin Americans, East Asians, South Asians, Eskimos, etc.? Somehow I doubt it.

Exactly. What would the reaction be if Othello was played by a white actor?

Plus, the two situations are not analogous at all. Netflix is selling this as a documentary, and they're perpetrating a fraud.

Exactly. What would the reaction be if Othello was played by a white actor?

Plus, the two situations are not analogous at all. Netflix is selling this as a documentary, and they're perpetrating a fraud.

Indeed, I hear a lot of people complain about the Hancock theories, but Black Cleopatra is just as fictitious. The two are equivalent in being an egregious and load topic that is in error.

The Egyptians were similar to Bronze Age Levantines in the Middle East, and Cleopatra's father was Greek, and it is highly likely that her mother was as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Retrato_femenino_(26771127162).jpg
View attachment 13899

A posthumous painted portrait of Cleopatra VII of Ptolemaic Egypt from Roman Herculaneum, made during the 1st century AD, i.e. before the destruction of Herculaneum by the volcanic eruption of Mount Vesuvius; it is located in the National Archaeological Museum of Naples. Dr. Joann Fletcher (Cleopatra the Great: the Woman Behind the Legend, New York: Harper, 2008, plates between pp. 246-247), Honorary Research Fellow at the University of York, writes the following in description of this painting:
Painted image from a villa at Herculaneum portraying a red-haired woman whose facial features, royal diadem and hairstyle adorned with fine pearl-studded hairpins suggest a posthumous portrait of Cleopatra VII.
Fletcher describes the painting further on page 87:
Cleopatra's hair was maintained by her highly skilled hairdresser Eiras. Although rather artificial looking wigs set in the traditional tripartite style of long straight hair would have been required for her appearances before her Egyptian subjects, a more practical option for general day-to-day wear was the no-nonsense 'melon hairdo' in which her natural hair was drawn back in sections resembling the lines on a melon and then pinned up in a bun at the back of the head. A trademark style of Arsinoe II and Berenike II, the style had fallen from fashion for almost two centuries until revived by Cleopatra; yet as both traditionalist and innovator, she wore her version without her predecessor's fine head veil. And whereas they had both been blonde like Alexander, Cleopatra may well have been a redhead, judging from the portrait of a flame-haired woman wearing the royal diadem surrounded by Egyptian motifs which has been identified as Cleopatra.
The painting is also described in Susan Walker and Peter Higgs (2001), Cleopatra of Egypt: From History to Myth, Princeton, N.J.: Princeton University Press, ISBN 9780691088358. Walker and Higgs (2001: pp. 314-315) date the painting from Herculaneum as belonging to the 1st century AD, contiguous with the Pompeian Third Style, and describe it as thus:
The large frame with black painted background contains a small bust of a woman in profile. Her face and neck are painted white and her hair reddish brown, and the rather stark effect is not unlike a cameo, as Reinhard Herbig proposed. She wears a diadem, painted white with a geometric design, and an earring with a ball-shaped pendant. The woman's hair is parted at the centre and then swept back and secured in a bun: a few locks hang loosely in front of her ear. Over the brow a large tuft of hair is painted, rather like the nodus found on portraits of women of the later 1st century BC, and perhaps originally on the marble portraits of Cleopatra from Berlin...and the Vatican...The large eye (a late Ptolemaic feature), long nose, and full lips are also comparable to the features of Cleopatra as seen on her marble portraits and some of her coins. The effect is somewhat more idealized than, for instance, the Antioch coin portraits, but there are similarities. The diadem suggests that this woman is royal. A close comparison to this painted portrait is to be found on the walls of the House of the Orchard at Pompeii. This house contained several Egyptianizing scenes, and the comparable bust is painted in a frame, not unlike this one, next to a Greek-style sphinx. The woman in the Pompeian painting has a blue cross-band around her head, not quite a royal diadem, but the form of the bust is identical.

The Queen Cleopatra “documentary” it's a complete flop.

“After less than a month of streaming on Netflix, Queen Cleopatra has gotten terrible reviews from critics and audiences alike. Currently on Rotten Tomatoes, the documentary has a 20 percent on the Tomatometer and a three percent audience score, deeming it one the worst audience ratings in TV show history.”

View attachment 13906

In Egypt they are filing a series of lawsuits against Netflix.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/netflix-threatened-with-billion-dollar-lawsuit-over-controversial-documentary

https://egyptindependent.com/egypti...tion-from-netflix-over-cleopatra-controversy/

Attachments

• QCleopatra_RT.png
    QCleopatra_RT.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 31
The Queen Cleopatra “documentary” it's a complete flop.

“After less than a month of streaming on Netflix, Queen Cleopatra has gotten terrible reviews from critics and audiences alike. Currently on Rotten Tomatoes, the documentary has a 20 percent on the Tomatometer and a three percent audience score, deeming it one the worst audience ratings in TV show history.”

View attachment 13906

In Egypt they are filing a series of lawsuits against Netflix.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/netflix-threatened-with-billion-dollar-lawsuit-over-controversial-documentary

https://egyptindependent.com/egypti...tion-from-netflix-over-cleopatra-controversy/

I'm very glad.
Perhaps there's still a fraction of Humanity that hasn't given its head to the heap

The reason is because the only people that would watch it are a niche group of delusional historical revisionists. I think most people, who know little to nothing about history and genetics still would assume modern Egyptians are similar to Ancient Egyptians. For the most part they're right. There's been continuity from Ancient Egyptian with a some enrichment of from SSA in the medieval period. But also it is so off putting how strident they are in the trailer, even as far as rejecting "what they taught you in school". I think people see that, and are immediately repulsed.

This thread has been viewed 4013 times.

Back