Tautalus

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Portuguese
Y-DNA haplogroup
I2-M223 / I-FTB15368
mtDNA haplogroup
H6a1b2
One example of the use of AI in genealogy is the generation of GEDCOM files by ChatGPT-4 based on minimal input.
The GEDCOM file generated can be imported into genealogy database software such as Gramps, Family Tree Maker, RootsMagic, or any genealogy software.

A GEDCOM file is a universal genealogy file that allows you to exchange genealogical data between different genealogy software programs. It is a genealogical record saved in the GEnealogical Data COMmunication (GEDCOM) format. GEDCOM files often include information about births, deaths, marriages, children, etc.

The ability to generate a GEDCOM file could be a useful tool for anyone who want to quickly and easily create a family tree from minimal data. By generating a GEDCOM file, we can quickly import a family tree data into a genealogy software program and begin adding more detailed information. This can save a significant amount of time and effort compared to manually entering all of the data into a software program from scratch.

ChatGPT-4 can also write family stories and narratives based on GEDCOM data.

https://aigenealogyinsights.com/202...-from-family-trees-create-trees-from-stories/

Big news, Chat GPT Plus users are beginning to get access to plugins. I haven't received it yet, but it is rolling out as we speak during the week.

My hopes, like with the Genei software I used, I could train AI to be an expert on particular topics.

I see Razib did this with RazibGPT.

The ChatGPT Browsing Plugin will be a great help for the purpose of training the AI on particular topics, allowing him to browse the internet to search for the latest and most accurate information on any topic.

As they say on the OpenAI website:
“Motivated by past work …, allowing language models to read information from the internet strictly expands the amount of content they can discuss, going beyond the training corpus to fresh information from the present day.”

https://openai.com/blog/chatgpt-plugins
https://www.pcmag.com/news/openai-supercharges-chatgpt-by-adding-web-browsing-support

Indeed, I've been checking periodically to see if my interface has changed. Thus far it is the same, but it could come at any moment over the next week. With my luck it will come the day of my camping trip where I'm supposed to be getting away from technology, and in nature hanging out with my old friends.

Replicating exactly what Razib Khan did can't be done with just ChatGPT, he worked with Dry.io to build a standalone site with all his posts. The answers are given by a “GPT” (Generative pre-trained transformer) trained in its body of work, I guess that it is fed solely by the posts on the site. I don't know if they used ChatGPT for this or another model.

They had to collect all the data, centralize it in one place and then train the model on that data.

Excerpts from articles by RK :
RK.jpg
RK2.jpg

Maybe one day there could be a EupediaGPT :)

Replicating exactly what Razib Khan did can't be done with just ChatGPT, he worked with Dry.io to build a standalone site with all his posts. The answers are given by a “GPT” (Generative pre-trained transformer) trained in its body of work, I guess that it is fed solely by the posts on the site. I don't know if they used ChatGPT for this or another model.

They had to collect all the data, centralize it in one place and then train the model on that data.

Excerpts from articles by RK :
View attachment 13840
View attachment 13841

Maybe one day there could be a EupediaGPT :)

Indeed, it cannot currently be done with ChatGPT, but with plugins I think they will have the ability to upload your own content to analyze. I recall reading about that upcoming feature.

This thread has been viewed 2258 times.

Back