Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum

View Poll Results: How do you feel about gay marriage?

Voters
243. You may not vote on this poll
  • I feel it is wrong and should be banned.

    59 24.28%
  • I feel homosexual couples should have the same rights as heterosexual couples.

    160 65.84%
  • Undecided

    24 9.88%
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 574

Thread: The Gay Marriage Controversy

  1. #51
    THE CRAZY OLD GUY !! Achievements:
    1 year registered
    Frank D. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    21-05-03
    Location
    State of Maine/So.Portland
    Age
    69
    Posts
    359


    Ethnic group
    German/French/Scottish
    Country: United States



    Cough, Hack, Koff, Yeck, Retch....



    Quote Originally Posted by kirei_na_me
    Yeah, we know Frank. You're licking your eyebrows...we know...
    Excuse me, hairball !!

    Frank


  2. #52
    Taicho Achievements:
    1 year registered
    mdchachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-03-03
    Location
    USA (Detroit area)
    Posts
    45


    Country: United States



    You know what my husband said when asked if gays should be allowed to marry? He said it would be good in that maybe the 'defect' would eventually cease to exist.
    I don't follow the logic.

  3. #53
    Where I'm Supposed to Be Achievements:
    1 year registered
    kirei_na_me's Avatar
    Join Date
    31-01-03
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    43
    Posts
    408


    Ethnic group
    caucasian(Swiss/English/Native American)
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by mdchachi
    I don't follow the logic.
    Exactly. I don't either.
    You have bewitched me, body and soul...

  4. #54
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Veteran
    den4's Avatar
    Join Date
    14-11-02
    Location
    mushroom forest
    Posts
    191


    Country: United States



    Time for your local intermission.
    Forget the negative campaign ads this year during the US Election time. Why settle for a lesser evil? Vote for Cutethulhu and VP Cute Kitthulhu!
    Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

    it's election time...what more is there to say?
    I know nothing...except the answer is 42. You know more than I do.

  5. #55
    The Child. Achievements:
    1 year registered
    howabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-12-03
    Location
    Sheffield/Manchester
    Age
    33
    Posts
    17


    Ethnic group
    Semitic
    Country: England



    "Maybe the 'defect' would eventually cease to exist."

    The sole purpose in a human's life is the procreate. Homosexuals don't have children. Therefore they are a pointless defect that in no way leads to the furtherment of the human species.

  6. #56
    The Child. Achievements:
    1 year registered
    howabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-12-03
    Location
    Sheffield/Manchester
    Age
    33
    Posts
    17


    Ethnic group
    Semitic
    Country: England



    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro_Tsubasa69
    I wish to know what makes bigots tick.
    Usually the knowledge that what they say is right.
    Also, before ascertaining that it isn't because of my religion, or personal experience (ie. having been violently raped by a man etc) that I hold these beliefs, don't label me.

  7. #57
    Okama XD Achievements:
    1 year registered
    Kama's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-03-04
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    60


    Country: Poland



    Quote Originally Posted by howabe
    "Maybe the 'defect' would eventually cease to exist."

    The sole purpose in a human's life is the procreate. Homosexuals don't have children. Therefore they are a pointless defect that in no way leads to the furtherment of the human species.

    As also many heterosexual couples. And what do you want to do with this? Kill them, for this?

    Definetely! Gay marriages should be allowed. I'd like to have a marriage with a person I love wether it's boy or a girl. I don't care about religious ceremony, as I am not religious, at last in the sense of being religious Catholic.

    I think that "marriage" can be viewed also as a sybol of equality. I am the same as you, why my love should be evil and siniful, juzt because I love the person of the same sex? Love doesn't bother with partner's sex... It's just descending onto you. Being in love and wanting to be in a relationship with this person... Is it bad? I don't want a world like this.

    I know! I should become politician!!

    My LiveJournal in English
    My Abatown 日本語の日記
    You are welcome

  8. #58
    Where I'm Supposed to Be Achievements:
    1 year registered
    kirei_na_me's Avatar
    Join Date
    31-01-03
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    43
    Posts
    408


    Ethnic group
    caucasian(Swiss/English/Native American)
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by howabe
    "Maybe the 'defect' would eventually cease to exist."

    The sole purpose in a human's life is the procreate. Homosexuals don't have children. Therefore they are a pointless defect that in no way leads to the furtherment of the human species.
    I knew that was what he was trying to say, but there are homosexuals who have children via artificial insemination, right? Like a gay man might use his sperm with the egg of a surrogate mother or a lesbian might use her egg and then sperm from a donor, as a lot of them do.

    Then there's all those who aren't 'out' and are in heterosexual marriages for whatever reason. There will still be children produced from those relationships.
    Last edited by kirei_na_me; 16-03-04 at 19:43.

  9. #59
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered
    bossel's Avatar
    Join Date
    28-09-03
    Location
    germany
    Posts
    790


    Country: Germany



    Quote Originally Posted by howabe
    The sole purpose in a human's life is the procreate. Homosexuals don't have children. Therefore they are a pointless defect that in no way leads to the furtherment of the human species.
    Nope! Biologically/evolutionary invalid points.
    BTW, which furtherment?

  10. #60
    Taicho Achievements:
    1 year registered
    mdchachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-03-03
    Location
    USA (Detroit area)
    Posts
    45


    Country: United States



    > The sole purpose in a human's life is the procreate [sic]

    And how would you happen to know this? Are you God?

  11. #61
    So....Sleepy...*snore* Achievements:
    1 year registered
    Kuro_Tsubasa69's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-12-03
    Age
    30
    Posts
    15


    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by howabe
    Usually the knowledge that what they say is right.
    Also, before ascertaining that it isn't because of my religion, or personal experience (ie. having been violently raped by a man etc) that I hold these beliefs, don't label me.

    I still think that you're a BIGOT.

    1) Religion is not something to hide behind. (Because, after all, it was created by MAN.) ~AND, also, religion is mainly the reason behind bigotry, I actually assumed that was the reason you hate~

    2) Really? Personal experience you say?

    AHEM. *enter rant mode*

    Women are violently raped all the time...by MEN. Yet do they hate each and every single one out there?? NO. Also, you may not be aware of this fact, but a straight male is more likely to rape another man than a gay male is.

    Also, I assume you hate all homosexuals, correct? Well, if, say, it was a gay male who raped you, and you thus hated all gay males thenceforth, what about the lesbians? What'd they do? Why do you hate all if it was just one gender?

    *END RANT*

    Oh, yeah. Please tell me how bigots are "right".
    "I don't wanna grow up, i'm a toys 'r us kid"

  12. #62
    The Child. Achievements:
    1 year registered
    howabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-12-03
    Location
    Sheffield/Manchester
    Age
    33
    Posts
    17


    Ethnic group
    Semitic
    Country: England



    Ok. Firstly, although this obviously appears to simply be an attempt at ducking out of the situation, I'd like to point out that neither of those comments were actually my own opinion. Being the superficial person I am, the first was simply to amuse a friend. The second was merely an attempt to try and explain a standpoint which people seemed to have difficulty getting to grips with.
    @ Mr. 'Pimp':
    a) I'm an atheist.
    b) 'a straight male is more likely to rape another man than a gay male is'.
    Maybe so. But my statement was hypothetical. Any 'bigot', as you so prejudicially put it, who had been raped, whether by a 'straight' or gay man, would, as a bigot, simply blame it on all gays, as he would obviously be prejudiced against them. I was simply working with your sweeping generalisation. Had you elaborated better, my reply would most likely have been quite different.
    b) 'Personal experience'.
    Not my own personal experience.
    c) 'I assume you hate all homosexuals right?'
    Another random assumption. My school had the highest proportion of gays than any other in the Northwest, and (I hate to phrase it in such a way, but needs must) daily interaction and of course close friendship with them has (I like to think) given me a higher-than-usual tolerance of gays.
    d) 'Please tell me how bigots are "right"'
    If there was nothing to base an opinion on, it would most likely never occur. Therefore, bigots must base their opinions on some (however feeble) semblance of truth
    Addendum:
    If you were more observant, you'd realise I was an avid Juggalo. You'd also probably know the Insane Clown Posse promote acceptance of all people and that everyone deserves to be treated equal. Being as obssessed as I am, I follow this to the word, which obviously means I try to hold as few prejudices as I can.
    Bear in mind:
    "There ain't no bigot that ain't been Clowned."

    @ mdchachi:
    Know how to form the perfect active infinitive of an impersonal deponant verb? No? Then don't mock an accidental grammatical mistake.

    Probably going away for a while till matters calm down.

  13. #63
    Mad Bee Hatch Achievements:
    1 year registered
    Rachel's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-08-03
    Location
    England, worcestershire, worcester.
    Age
    47
    Posts
    81






    Quote Originally Posted by howabe
    Usually the knowledge that what they say is right.
    (Room drops a couple of degrees)

    pardon !.....

    (Sound of breeze block being sliped into handbag)

    Howabe..2 questions.

    a. How old are you?
    b. What is your opinion on the 'NF'?
    If you don稚 think you値l be able to handle the answer then don稚 ask the question !

  14. #64
    Mad Bee Hatch Achievements:
    1 year registered
    Rachel's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-08-03
    Location
    England, worcestershire, worcester.
    Age
    47
    Posts
    81






    Quote Originally Posted by Toilet Roll
    Look, I think what I am trying to say is, poofs are poofs, but when they start trying to have a baby? Its just wrong in my opinion
    If anyone is intrested this guy is a brit, I'd say he's about the age of 8 - 13.

  15. #65
    THE CRAZY OLD GUY !! Achievements:
    1 year registered
    Frank D. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    21-05-03
    Location
    State of Maine/So.Portland
    Age
    69
    Posts
    359


    Ethnic group
    German/French/Scottish
    Country: United States



    You Helping Howabe Dig His Hole Or...

    Quote Originally Posted by Toilet Roll
    If they can't make love and produce off-spring, they should be shot.

    I know animals can't be gay too.

    digging your own right next to his? Intolarance is a hard lable to shake! Freedom of speech & right to your opinion
    can lead to some BIG hard feelings.If we want everyone to feel welcome on this Forum, some things are better left unsaid, even if you do truly believe them! This looks like a good thread to lock down before we all go to far down the road & around the bend!!

    Frank

  16. #66
    THE CRAZY OLD GUY !! Achievements:
    1 year registered
    Frank D. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    21-05-03
    Location
    State of Maine/So.Portland
    Age
    69
    Posts
    359


    Ethnic group
    German/French/Scottish
    Country: United States



    I'm Not Sure How The Rules Work, But...

    in the past, people who say politically incorrect(hateful)
    things get banned from posting, sometimes with a warning before and sometimes no warning. It doesn't pay to even joke about somethings. This Forum probably has less hate & anger then most do. It really is nice when everyone is friendly & polite; one big happy family!! By the way, I have no power or athority on the Forum, I just like happy people!


    Frank


  17. #67
    Where I'm Supposed to Be Achievements:
    1 year registered
    kirei_na_me's Avatar
    Join Date
    31-01-03
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    43
    Posts
    408


    Ethnic group
    caucasian(Swiss/English/Native American)
    Country: United States



    My warning is up there.

  18. #68
    Mad Bee Hatch Achievements:
    1 year registered
    Rachel's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-08-03
    Location
    England, worcestershire, worcester.
    Age
    47
    Posts
    81






    Quote Originally Posted by Frank D. White
    in the past, people who say politically incorrect(hateful)
    things get banned from posting, sometimes with a warning before and sometimes no warning. It doesn't pay to even joke about somethings. This Forum probably has less hate & anger then most do. It really is nice when everyone is friendly & polite; one big happy family!! By the way, I have no power or athority on the Forum, I just like happy people!


    Frank

    I'm in agreement with you frank. I think some one needs to step in now and sort this out, before it gets out of hand.

  19. #69
    Where I'm Supposed to Be Achievements:
    1 year registered
    kirei_na_me's Avatar
    Join Date
    31-01-03
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    43
    Posts
    408


    Ethnic group
    caucasian(Swiss/English/Native American)
    Country: United States



    He tried to be sneaky and add something to another one of his posts after I deleted the last one. I don't like sneaky, I don't like inflammatory posts, and I don't like someone trying to dumb down my thread.

  20. #70
    Mad Bee Hatch Achievements:
    1 year registered
    Rachel's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-08-03
    Location
    England, worcestershire, worcester.
    Age
    47
    Posts
    81






    Heart

    Quote Originally Posted by kirei_na_me
    He tried to be sneaky and add something to another one of his posts after I deleted the last one. I don't like sneaky, I don't like inflammatory posts, and I don't like someone trying to dumb down my thread.
    (In best American accent)

    You GO girl !! Yeah !

  21. #71
    Where I'm Supposed to Be Achievements:
    1 year registered
    kirei_na_me's Avatar
    Join Date
    31-01-03
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    43
    Posts
    408


    Ethnic group
    caucasian(Swiss/English/Native American)
    Country: United States



    *gives Rachel high five*

    I have to crack that whip every once in awhile!

  22. #72
    Mad Bee Hatch Achievements:
    1 year registered
    Rachel's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-08-03
    Location
    England, worcestershire, worcester.
    Age
    47
    Posts
    81






    Howabe... IF your saying your post was a joke, It was done in really bad taste.
    It wasn't big, and it definitely wasn't clever.

  23. #73
    Crazy Kitty Girl "Meow" Achievements:
    1 year registered
    neptunemoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    03-11-03
    Location
    I live in New York in the bronx and I'm Puerto Rican
    Age
    34
    Posts
    29


    Country: United States



    Well ok since I work at a zoo I know animals can be gay. I know female goats who are confused and try to mate with other females. These gay female goats think they are male. I think we also have a gay male goat something about a chemical imbalance. Well I think gay marriages are good and the whole thing about children well you know how many homeless kids we have. These couples could adopt and provide a stable home. I think this can help our society out and provide a home for these children.

  24. #74
    Taicho Achievements:
    1 year registered
    mdchachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-03-03
    Location
    USA (Detroit area)
    Posts
    45


    Country: United States



    > Know how to form the perfect active infinitive of an impersonal deponant verb? No? Then don't mock an accidental grammatical mistake.

    I wasn't mocking your grammatical mistake (what made you think so?). It should be clear that I was questioning your statement itself. ([sic] is used to quote a person to indicate that the mistake is not the quoter's but the quotee's; it's not normally used to mock.)

  25. #75
    Mad Bee Hatch Achievements:
    1 year registered
    Rachel's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-08-03
    Location
    England, worcestershire, worcester.
    Age
    47
    Posts
    81






    Ok lets get back to the matter at hand now.
    I think most of us agree that gay couples should have the legal right to be together.
    Correct?
    The question now seems to be what kind of union would be best.
    I think gay couples should have the same right to marry as non-gay couples

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 217
    Last Post: 15-10-19, 00:41
  2. Marriage
    By smoke in forum Other Serious Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-02-14, 15:42
  3. Same sex marriage in the EU
    By Michael Folkesson in forum EU politics & government
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-02-10, 18:20

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •