The Gay Marriage Controversy

How do you feel about gay marriage?

• I feel it is wrong and should be banned.

Votes: 62 26.1%
  • I feel homosexual couples should have the same rights as heterosexual couples.

Votes: 152 63.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 24 10.1%

• Total voters
howabe said:
Usually the knowledge that what they say is right.
Also, before ascertaining that it isn't because of my religion, or personal experience (ie. having been violently raped by a man etc) that I hold these beliefs, don't label me.

I still think that you're a BIGOT.

1) Religion is not something to hide behind. (Because, after all, it was created by MAN.) ~AND, also, religion is mainly the reason behind bigotry, I actually assumed that was the reason you hate~

2) Really? Personal experience you say?

AHEM. *enter rant mode*

Women are violently raped all the time...by MEN. Yet do they hate each and every single one out there?? NO. Also, you may not be aware of this fact, but a straight male is more likely to rape another man than a gay male is.

Also, I assume you hate all homosexuals, correct? Well, if, say, it was a gay male who raped you, and you thus hated all gay males thenceforth, what about the lesbians? What'd they do? Why do you hate all if it was just one gender?

*END RANT*

Oh, yeah. Please tell me how bigots are "right".

Ok. Firstly, although this obviously appears to simply be an attempt at ducking out of the situation, I'd like to point out that neither of those comments were actually my own opinion. Being the superficial person I am, the first was simply to amuse a friend. The second was merely an attempt to try and explain a standpoint which people seemed to have difficulty getting to grips with.
@ Mr. 'Pimp':
a) I'm an atheist.
b) 'a straight male is more likely to rape another man than a gay male is'.
Maybe so. But my statement was hypothetical. Any 'bigot', as you so prejudicially put it, who had been raped, whether by a 'straight' or gay man, would, as a bigot, simply blame it on all gays, as he would obviously be prejudiced against them. I was simply working with your sweeping generalisation. Had you elaborated better, my reply would most likely have been quite different.
b) 'Personal experience'.
Not my own personal experience.
c) 'I assume you hate all homosexuals right?'
Another random assumption. My school had the highest proportion of gays than any other in the Northwest, and (I hate to phrase it in such a way, but needs must) daily interaction and of course close friendship with them has (I like to think) given me a higher-than-usual tolerance of gays.
d) 'Please tell me how bigots are "right"'
If there was nothing to base an opinion on, it would most likely never occur. Therefore, bigots must base their opinions on some (however feeble) semblance of truth
Addendum:
If you were more observant, you'd realise I was an avid Juggalo. You'd also probably know the Insane Clown Posse promote acceptance of all people and that everyone deserves to be treated equal. Being as obssessed as I am, I follow this to the word, which obviously means I try to hold as few prejudices as I can.
Bear in mind:
"There ain't no bigot that ain't been Clowned."

@ mdchachi:
Know how to form the perfect active infinitive of an impersonal deponant verb? No? Then don't mock an accidental grammatical mistake.

Probably going away for a while till matters calm down.

howabe said:
Usually the knowledge that what they say is right.
(Room drops a couple of degrees)

pardon !.....

(Sound of breeze block being sliped into handbag)

Howabe..2 questions.

a. How old are you?
b. What is your opinion on the 'NF'?

Toilet Roll said:
Look, I think what I am trying to say is, poofs are poofs, but when they start trying to have a baby? Its just wrong in my opinion :(
If anyone is intrested this guy is a brit, I'd say he's about the age of 8 - 13.

You Helping Howabe Dig His Hole Or...

Toilet Roll said:
If they can't make love and produce off-spring, they should be shot.

I know animals can't be gay too.

digging your own right next to his? Intolarance is a hard lable to shake! Freedom of speech & right to your opinion
can lead to some BIG hard feelings.If we want everyone to feel welcome on this Forum, some things are better left unsaid, even if you do truly believe them! This looks like a good thread to lock down before we all go to far down the road & around the bend!!

Frank

I'm Not Sure How The Rules Work, But...

in the past, people who say politically incorrect(hateful)
things get banned from posting, sometimes with a warning before and sometimes no warning. It doesn't pay to even joke about somethings. This Forum probably has less hate & anger then most do. It really is nice when everyone is friendly & polite; one big happy family!! By the way, I have no power or athority on the Forum, I just like happy people!

Frank

:blush:

My warning is up there.

Frank D. White said:
things get banned from posting, sometimes with a warning before and sometimes no warning. It doesn't pay to even joke about somethings. This Forum probably has less hate & anger then most do. It really is nice when everyone is friendly & polite; one big happy family!! By the way, I have no power or athority on the Forum, I just like happy people!

Frank

:blush:
I'm in agreement with you frank. I think some one needs to step in now and sort this out, before it gets out of hand.

He tried to be sneaky and add something to another one of his posts after I deleted the last one. I don't like sneaky, I don't like inflammatory posts, and I don't like someone trying to dumb down my thread.

kirei_na_me said:
He tried to be sneaky and add something to another one of his posts after I deleted the last one. I don't like sneaky, I don't like inflammatory posts, and I don't like someone trying to dumb down my thread.
(In best American accent)

You GO girl !! Yeah ! :cool:

*gives Rachel high five*

I have to crack that whip every once in awhile! :p

Howabe... IF your saying your post was a joke, It was done in really bad taste.
It wasn't big, and it definitely wasn't clever.

Well ok since I work at a zoo I know animals can be gay. I know female goats who are confused and try to mate with other females. These gay female goats think they are male. I think we also have a gay male goat something about a chemical imbalance. Well I think gay marriages are good and the whole thing about children well you know how many homeless kids we have. These couples could adopt and provide a stable home. I think this can help our society out and provide a home for these children.

> Know how to form the perfect active infinitive of an impersonal deponant verb? No? Then don't mock an accidental grammatical mistake.

I wasn't mocking your grammatical mistake (what made you think so?). It should be clear that I was questioning your statement itself. ([sic] is used to quote a person to indicate that the mistake is not the quoter's but the quotee's; it's not normally used to mock.)

Ok lets get back to the matter at hand now.
I think most of us agree that gay couples should have the legal right to be together.
Correct?
The question now seems to be what kind of union would be best.
I think gay couples should have the same right to marry as non-gay couples

bigot
n : a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions
differing from his own

I think if you browse this thread, you'll find that the only people who are intolerent of other people's opinion (yes, opinion being the key word) are the ones in some kind of moral lynch mob, hypocritically flinging the word 'bigot' about.

I don't see any insults from anyone against gay marriage here, at all. Just derogatory remarks made to them, by others.

It can't be argued against that homosexuality is a defect. It's basic biology, and more importantly, common sense that it's abnormal. Research in animals suggests that it is a genetic brain abnormality, and soon the technology will allow us to prove this for humans too.

The fact that in some countries it's legal for two gay people to adopt is politicl correctness gone crazy. I pity any poor child with same sex parents. Teased at school, given the wrong image of how a family should be, and having to think about his parents having gay sex. It's abhorrent.

Marriage is superficial. If you love someone, you don't need to marry them. At all. People are complaining about this for complaining's sake, because they have nothing better to do than whine.

Originally Posted by Frank D. White

politically incorrect does not mean hateful. If it did, it'd be called 'hateful' and not 'politically incorrect'. A more accurate description of politically incorrect would be "what most people think, but don't want to say because of a select few people (usually minority groups) crying about it". It's just a restriction of free speech to make people look 'clean' and politicians safe from anyone whatsoever kicking up a fuss.

Rachel, you say that we think 'gay people should have the legal right to be togther'. They DO. They just can't get married. Big deal. If I was gay I'd be worried about, well, being gay, not about the fact I couldn't get married.

Sanitarium said:
It can't be argued against that homosexuality is a defect. It's basic biology, and more importantly, common sense that it's abnormal. Research in animals suggests that it is a genetic brain abnormality, and soon the technology will allow us to prove this for humans too.
Well, you can call homosexuality abnormal, for the vast majority (the "average") is not. But basic biology? No way! Homosexuality exists in a lot of species, not just humans. It obviously has a function or else it wouldn't exist in so many species. A deviation in the brain, doesn't mean that it is bad: abnormal ... maybe, harmful ... obviously not.

I pity any poor child with same sex parents. Teased at school
The teasing originates from intolerance in society. If somebody is to blame then it's not the homosexuals.

Marriage is superficial. If you love someone, you don't need to marry them. At all.
True, but if they want to marry, why not?

Excellent, bossel.

Sanitarium said:

Good God! No! Never! I don't want this. It's brainwashing... That can lead to tyrany. It's not abnormal... Maybe for you, but for me it's quite normal that I like both boys and girls... I feel offended by your statement.

The fact that in some countries it's legal for two gay people to adopt is politicl correctness gone crazy. I pity any poor child with same sex parents. Teased at school, given the wrong image of how a family should be, and having to think about his parents having gay sex. It's abhorrent.

It's good that they can marry. Your point of view is from middleages, I would say. More importantly the family should be loving, not talking about somebody's sex. A wrong image of how a family should be is having a drunkard and psychical/phisical violence at home.

Marriage is superficial. If you love someone, you don't need to marry them. At all. People are complaining about this for complaining's sake, because they have nothing better to do than whine.

You don't need, but maybe I want to marry the person I love. It's only your point of view, on the whole world there are people who marry somebody because of love.

Rachel, you say that we think 'gay people should have the legal right to be togther'. They DO. They just can't get married. Big deal. If I was gay I'd be worried about, well, being gay, not about the fact I couldn't get married.

Why should I worry that I am gay [ok. : bi?]? It's absolutely normal for me, no need to worry about this. And I want to marry the person i love without worrying if it's woman or man. Yes, big deal. Why I can't get married? I am juzt a normal citizen.

WHAT'S GOING ON?!I cant believe that there are people that thinks we're here just to procriate..We're all here with some mission to achieve here in the Planet...We're not animals! We are human beings. So I'm sure that we're not here just to procriate...

Research in animals suggests that it is a genetic brain abnormality, and soon the technology will allow us to prove this for humans too

I'm really glad I was born GAY. And if I could turn back time and choose to be heterossexual...I wouldnt do that. I met many interestings people(gays and heteressuals) And if I wasnt gay. I wouldnt never know then..

I respect all u guys...So respect us!! RESPECT ITS ALL WE NEED...

And please dont compare animals with us! Off course I'm sure that there are animals more decent than many humans around...

P.S. My sister is a pshychologist and she says that people whom says too much bad things about gays. It's because they're gay thenselves...They just repress their feelings because they think it would be wrong. :giggle:

This thread has been viewed 380592 times.

Back