Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum

View Poll Results: How do you feel about gay marriage?

Voters
243. You may not vote on this poll
  • I feel it is wrong and should be banned.

59 24.28%
  • I feel homosexual couples should have the same rights as heterosexual couples.

160 65.84%
  • Undecided

24 9.88%
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gay Marriage Controversy

Achievements:
    1 year registered

Tennessee County Rescinds Vote to Ban Gay Residents

Mad Bee Hatch Achievements:
    1 year registered

ALRIGHT !! Strike one up for the good guys.
    If you don’t think you’ll be able to handle the answer then don’t ask the question !

~*天 under の heaven 下*~ Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group
    Han Chinese

I oppose homosexual marriage, because this is unnature and abnormal in our bio-circle... feel bad for it.

Okama XD Achievements:
    1 year registered

Quote Originally Posted by emperor
    I oppose homosexual marriage, because this is unnature and abnormal in our bio-circle... feel bad for it.
    And what about just homosexual love?

If I remember correct (and I do remember ;)) we were already talking about if it's biologicaly unnatural... and what means our bio-circle?

` My LiveJournal in English
    ` My Abatown “๚–{Œ๊‚ฬ“๚‹L
    You are welcome

1 year registered

Ethnic group
    Han Chinese

Quote Originally Posted by Kama
    And what about just homosexual love?

If I remember correct (and I do remember ;)) we were already talking about if it's biologicaly unnatural... and what means our bio-circle?
    Bio-circle is simplified form 'biosphere'....
    homosexual love? why not?
    I love my father.. i love my brother.. i love my comrade.. i love my male teacher..
    Yes, this is love... but, we can't get marriage only...

Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered

Emperor:
    I think, what Kama meant was not only platonic love, but also acting on it. IE relationships, tenderness, sex.
    As Kama said, the natural side of it has already been discussed here. Have you read the thread?

1 year registered

Ethnic group
    Han Chinese

i read, i read!! okok...

Dog Youkai Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group
    Caucasian

I am gonna have to disagree with this, and agree with Anti-Homosexual relation's. I personally do not hold grudges against it, freak out about it, or look down upon people who do it... I treat them the same, but I do not agree with it. As long as they do not try and push it on me, then I am fine.
    "Kanpeki to chau, jinsei no shuushi
    Puramai zero da nanteba honto ka na?
    Shinu made ni tsukaikiru, un no kazu
    Semete, jibun de dashiire wo sasete
    "

Do your good deed for the day!

Help out the give playaa GOOD reputation points foundation!

Okama XD Achievements:
    1 year registered

Quote Originally Posted by playaa
    I am gonna have to disagree with this, and agree with Anti-Homosexual relation's. I personally do not hold grudges against it, freak out about it, or look down upon people who do it... I treat them the same, but I do not agree with it. As long as they do not try and push it on me, then I am fine.
    But nobody tries to pushi it on you! For me it's just, live and let the others live... Nothing else... XD

Knight Achievements:
    1 year registered

Quote Originally Posted by Kama
    But nobody tries to pushi it on you! For me it's just, live and let the others live... Nothing else... XD
    Then why not let men marry more than one woman, or let siblings or relatives marry? Live and let the others live?

1 year registered

Quote Originally Posted by Golgo_13
    Then why not let men marry more than one woman, or let siblings or relatives marry? Live and let the others live?
    Yeah, why not?
    & why restrict polygamy to polygyny? Shouldn't have women the same right?

Knight Achievements:
    1 year registered

Sure, why not let people marry their own kids?

Woodie Allen did.

1 year registered

Wasn't that his stepdaughter, Woody Allen got involved with?
    Anyway, as long as something happens consensually without harm to anybody else, why not?

Now it's me Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group
    Korea, Japan, Burma,

Heart HOWABE dont believe everything you say...

Sorry, I'm late.. just discovered this topic. No time either to read everything, just across and diagonal reading. Sorry too if I repeat what has allready been said..

BUT what "howabe" said :
    "The sole purpose in a human's life is the procreate. Homosexuals don't have children. Therefore they are a pointless defect that in no way leads to the furtherment of the human species."

is real bullsh....

Sorry ! Animal have that sole purpose, but really ? Why are they here in the first place ?

And, my dear HOWABE, believe me when I tell you that I know what I'm talking about : (because I was born a woman and an homosexual)

1) I'm not on earth for the sole purpose of multiplication and procreation. Absolutely not ! I would be extremely unhappy if I were...
    2) As a woman, I have the most powerfull possibility to procreate WITHOUT ASKING YOU OR ANYONE ANYTHING, or not. I have that choice, whether I'm a lesbian or not.
    3) Admittedly, gay women have more power in this field than men.
    4) It does'nt stop the gay community to adopt CHILDREN THAT ARE IN NEED OF A HOME SO AS NOT TO DIE within the next days, weeks, months or year. That will also help a lot in the fields of the survival of the species...

I hope dear Howabe, that you have other goals in your life than just trying to make copies of yourself...

So, I'm wondering how you all feel about this subject. Do you agree with Mr. Bush that same-sex unions are sinful and should be banned? Do you think that homosexual couples should have the right to be legally married, same as heterosexual couples? Or you're not sure? Let's have a little discussion.

First, about Bush, no one should care about what he thinks, he should be away within months, so, what's the worry.

Then, as it has been said (by mieboy21 I think) the most important is to give love and care and respect. No need for official ties to do so.

Finally, who wants toi get married or pacsed, anyway ? Just to imitate "regular couples" ?

Not worth it.

Just to prove something to your partner ? That's not the proof he wants.
    To feel more secure ? Well it might work for some. I know any kind of "official" ceremony, be it religious or civilian, would make me feel like entering into a jail, just because of the complications to get out again...

I'm sure many hetero couples would feel the same.
    Just little me!!! But maybe a little taller

You grow up, every day. Every second...

Where I'm Supposed to Be Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group
    caucasian(Swiss/English/Native American)

Good post, ascate!
    You have bewitched me, body and soul...

1 year registered

Ethnic group
    Korea, Japan, Burma,

Heart thanks to you

Quote Originally Posted by kirei_na_me
    Good post, ascate!
    but it's all coming from inside

WINK smiliy if it exists......!

wait up! Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group
    ..still at it?.. go away!

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel
    Ok lets get back to the matter at hand now.
    I think most of us agree that gay couples should have the legal right to be together.
    Correct?
    The question now seems to be what kind of union would be best.
    I think gay couples should have the same right to marry as non-gay couples
    i don't get it.. why are people even arguing this? ofcourse they should get to marry!

what is it that makes gay people less human than straight? i just don't see it...

I think bush is fighting some personal issues.. like the "why do i get aroused when i look at www,weeeeforbigdicks,com?..no..no.. IT CANT BE!!"

"why not let someone marry more than one person"
    why not indeed? aslong as all parties are happy with it, who gives a toss?

"why not siblings/father-daughter etc"
    because the kids from these more often than not will have grave dissabilities of one sort or the other.. and that's just cruel to the kid.
    –้˜IŽ€‹๊!

www.twisted-irony.com - Webcomic. updates=bad
    I find affence at your post as I ware eyeglass and have lmited site.
    Sankyuu~!

1 year registered

Ethnic group
    Korea, Japan, Burma,

Heart bossel

Quote Originally Posted by bossel
    Wasn't that his stepdaughter, Woody Allen got involved with?
    Anyway, as long as something happens consensually without harm to anybody else, why not?

Woody Allen got maried with his stepdaughter because he fell in love with her. (I?m not wether reciprocity was requested, though, but I think the answer is yes).

And love can be blind, happiness opens your eyes. Even the age difference in this case is not a matter to talk about. Those two are still together, no ? And it's been a long time..

Consanguinity (inbreeding) has nothing to do since the "daughter" was totally outside the family-related blood. She was adopted by Mia Farrow.

So good luck to them and a good day to you bossel.

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedMac
    i don't get it.. why are people even arguing this? ofcourse they should get to marry!

Well, there is no obligation to this... they should get married if they think it's necessary. I've heard that in some countries, married people get tax reduction. Let's put taxes higher for married couples and see how many "weddings" we get...

what is it that makes gay people less human than straight? i just don't see it...
    We are human allright. Nut for some humans, THEY believe that they ARE more human than others. The typical example was Hitler.

because the kids from these more often than not will have grave dissabilities of one sort or the other.. and that's just cruel to the kid.

Well, let's keep it to something slightly "reasonable" and let's be somewhat respectfull for the life to come.

wait up! Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group
    ..still at it?.. go away!

Well, there is no obligation to this... they should get married if they think it's necessary. I've heard that in some countries, married people get tax reduction. Let's put taxes higher for married couples and see how many "weddings" we get...
    ofcourse i meant they should have the option >_< not that they/you(?) should be forced into it =P

1 year registered

Ethnic group
    Korea, Japan, Burma,

Heart forced ?

ofcourse i meant they should have the option >_< not that they/you(?) should be forced into it =P
    weel, no one is worried, i'll never ever will be forced into anything, and all the less that kind of thing...

1 year registered

Ethnic group
    ASIAN

GOING TO BRAZIL..SAO PAULO, RIO DE JANEIRO, BAHIA, PERNAMBUCO...WAIT FOR me!!

GAY PRIDE PARADE IN SAO PAULOPEOPLE!! I'm going to Brazil in the next two weeks!! SO EXCITED!!
    On June 13th there will be a gay pride parade in Sao Paulo...
    It's the world's third biggest parade...Over 1 million people are going to be there...On Saturday..We're going to the gay day in Hopi Hari (amusement park)
    Anybody wanna join me?! KAMA?! LETS'S GO GIRL!!!
    www.fotolog.net/mieboy21

1 year registered

Actually, this is a common misconception.
    Incest is prohibited on moral grounds, the biological reasons are minor. Personally, I see this kind of reasoning as leading in the direction of Eugenics as the Nazis enforced it. You forbid people to procreate for reasons of the "health" of future generations.

The probability for genetic disorders is of course bigger in incestuous relations (than in most other relations of healthy adults), but it's normally highly exaggerated. Usually you'd need several generations of inbreeding to see negative results.

From Wikipedia:
    "Incest may be a form of inbreeding, and some have suggested that the incest taboo is meant to reduce the chances of congenital birth-defects that can result from inbreeding. Scientists have generally rejected this as an explanation for the incest taboo for two reasons.
    [...]
    If an individual has an allele linked to a congenital birth-defect, it is likely that close relatives also have this allele; a homozygote would express the congenital birth defect. If an individual does not have such an allele, a homozygote would be healthy. Thus, the frequency of a defect-carrying gene in a population may go up, or down, when inbreeding occurs. The overall effect of inbreeding depends on the size of the population."

Your argument of "grave disabilities" holds more water for relationships of (related or non-related) bearers of genetic deficiencies, let's say haemophiliacs. I think, if a male bleeder procreates with a female carrier of the gene defect, there is a 25% probality (didn't look this up, just from memory) that the child is also a bleeder.

According to the logic of probability of disabled offspring, should carriers of that defect then be prohibited to marry? This question counts for other genetic deficiencies as well.
    Last edited by bossel; 10-05-04 at 00:56.

1 year registered

In the Netherlands homosexual marriages are legalised.
    It's been like that for a while now, and nothing bad has happened because of it.
    That's why it shouldn't be a problem there as wel in my opinion.
    I think it's very frustrating for gay couples if they can't marry the one they love.
    I guess it's the same as when I would like to marry a girl I love and I'm not allowed.
    But I don't think marriage is the most important thing in a relationship, as long as you love eachother there is no problem i.m.o.

Okama XD Achievements:
    1 year registered

Quote Originally Posted by mieboy
    Anybody wanna join me?! KAMA?! LETS'S GO GIRL!!!

I'd like to, Mieboy, but for now U have no time... Studying to the summer session.

And we had a GAY Parade in Krakow last weekend. Well, first it was the church, who wanted the city prseident to ban the Days of Tolerance (from Thursday to Sunday), and to the University vice chancellor not to let them meet and have prelections and so on in that University. They even had a anti-manifestation leaflet (I'll translate it later and put it here) send to the peoples' mailboxes...

There was also an antimanifestation (illegal). They had transparents like "Let's throw out himosexualist from krakow" or "Homosexualists of all countries get treatment" or "Wawel's Dragon was hettero" (this Dragon is Krakow's symbol.

Anti-manifestation threw eggs and stones towards the manifesting gays and their sympathizers. Ah, there were also shouts like "Tolerantion! Go to the clinic!" Heheh... And they heard in response "Don't pick up us!"

Well, there was a bit of brawl between these 2 groups... And because of the anti-manifestation they couldn't finish their manifestation, and they had to change route for a few times.

Well, at last the good point of it was that it hasn't been cancelled, and that the city's goverment and the university authorities hadn't been scared of the church and right-wing f... politicians. And that Famous Krakowians like Wislawa Szymborska, a Noble Award owner, were for the Days of Tolerance...

1 year registered

Ethnic group
    Korea, Japan, Burma,

Heart gay prides, parades and other show off...

[QUOTE=mieboy] GAY PRIDE PARADE IN SAO PAULOPEOPLE!! I'm going to Brazil in the next two weeks!! SO EXCITED!!

You'r right mieboy, go to Brazil, it's a fantastic place to go. Dont forget to tell them all to stop destroying de rain forest and to keep the indigenous populations out of trouble (i.e. alcohol & smokes & drugs). That will seem somehow more appropriate and important.

Everywhere you might go, don't forget to organize a STRAIGHT pride and parade and show off, so that hetero can also have a nice musical momentum to show off. (Has anyone thought about that or hould I put a copyright on it???)

Then you will realise how small our problems are and how ridiculous all that can be.

Yes, let's organize a HUMAN BEINGS PRIDE (meaning we are PROUD to be human beings) let's show how we, hetero ans homos we can do things together. Let's make music, let's dance, let's show off on that ! YES !!!

You'll never see me in one of those gay pride. You are right to go to Brazil, and dance, and enjoy yourself, but don't make a monkey out of you. It's not a zoo nor a circus.

Have a good time and send us a postcard, we'll all be happy for you.
    Love
    Mi-ja

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast