Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 41 of 41

Thread: Bush: I'm God's Delivery Boy

  1. #26

    Join Date
    27-08-03
    Posts
    376


    Country: United_States



    Quote Originally Posted by nikki_the_insane
    I hate posting on things like this because everyone bites my head off.

    Well, anyway. First: A lot of people listen to God for guidence in doing the right thing. I do it, and a know a lot of you do it too. Why is it so wrong that Pres. Bush is doing it to help guide him? Is it only because he is President?

    Second: He is trying the best he help this country stay together and get back on its feet. Sure, there's a lot of things he's done wrong, but he's human and people make mistakes. He can't please everyone with everything he does.

    Third: I like to hope that he's the lesser of two evils. And if Kerry does get in this next term then God be with him and I hope he tries his best to run this country to the best of his abilities.
    It's fine if Bush--or any President--believes in God and follows God's guidance in his personal life, but he has a duty to the American people, as President of the United States, to keep church and state SEPARATE. That's what this is about.

  2. #27

    Join Date
    27-08-03
    Posts
    376


    Country: United_States



    This pretty much says it all ...

    ----------------------

  3. #28
    Regular Member den4's Avatar
    Join Date
    14-11-02
    Location
    mushroom forest
    Posts
    191


    Country: United States



    As Linus Van Pelt (of the Charlie Brown comics) used to say, the three things you never talk about in public (to avoid major conflicts and arguments) are Politics, Religion and The Great Pumpkin. This topic has at least two of them....I'm awaiting for the third to pop up pretty soon here
    I know nothing...except the answer is 42. You know more than I do.

  4. #29
    Dog Youkai
    Join Date
    15-01-04
    Location
    Lemoore, CA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    99


    Ethnic group
    Caucasian
    Country: United States



    Lol, that has been the funniest bush parody I have seen! Good job lol...
    "Kanpeki to chau, jinsei no shuushi
    Puramai zero da nanteba honto ka na?
    Shinu made ni tsukaikiru, un no kazu
    Semete, jibun de dashiire wo sasete
    "


    Do your good deed for the day!

    Help out the give playaa GOOD reputation points foundation!

  5. #30

    Join Date
    27-08-03
    Posts
    376


    Country: United_States



    Quote Originally Posted by den4
    As Linus Van Pelt (of the Charlie Brown comics) used to say, the three things you never talk about in public (to avoid major conflicts and arguments) are Politics, Religion and The Great Pumpkin. This topic has at least two of them....I'm awaiting for the third to pop up pretty soon here
    I think The Great Pumpkin just popped up in your post!!

  6. #31
    Ramen Lover :3 nikki_the_insane's Avatar
    Join Date
    31-10-03
    Location
    Under my refridgerator
    Age
    32
    Posts
    22


    Ethnic group
    fourth french, fourth Niguaraguian
    Country: United_States



    *pets great pumpkin* You leave the Great Pump-i-kin out of this! >
    Ramen Lover

  7. #32
    Ramen Lover :3 nikki_the_insane's Avatar
    Join Date
    31-10-03
    Location
    Under my refridgerator
    Age
    32
    Posts
    22


    Ethnic group
    fourth french, fourth Niguaraguian
    Country: United_States



    Quote Originally Posted by Satori
    It's fine if Bush--or any President--believes in God and follows God's guidance in his personal life, but he has a duty to the American people, as President of the United States, to keep church and state SEPARATE. That's what this is about.
    Well, I know that but it's hard to seperate it sometimes. At least he isn't forcing his religion or beliefs on us.

  8. #33

    Join Date
    27-08-03
    Posts
    376


    Country: United_States



    Quote Originally Posted by nikki_the_insane
    Well, I know that but it's hard to seperate it sometimes. At least he isn't forcing his religion or beliefs on us.
    It's against the law for him not to, and the point of this article is that he has been merging church and state. By the way, quite a few people in this country would disagree with your assertion that he is not forcing his religion and beliefs on us! There's plenty of evidence that this has been done throughout his term of office.

  9. #34
    Regular Member den4's Avatar
    Join Date
    14-11-02
    Location
    mushroom forest
    Posts
    191


    Country: United States



    Did you know that the Great Pumpkin looks for the most sincere pumpkin patch and gives toys to all the good children of the world? If this is so, then I wonder when the tale diverged from Old St Nick? Oops, this would encourage getting close to both religious and potentially inflammatory pagan holiday rituals that would cause more fallout in this thread!

  10. #35
    Ramen Lover :3 nikki_the_insane's Avatar
    Join Date
    31-10-03
    Location
    Under my refridgerator
    Age
    32
    Posts
    22


    Ethnic group
    fourth french, fourth Niguaraguian
    Country: United_States



    Quote Originally Posted by Satori
    It's against the law for him not to, and the point of this article is that he has been merging church and state. By the way, quite a few people in this country would disagree with your assertion that he is not forcing his religion and beliefs on us! There's plenty of evidence that this has been done throughout his term of office.
    Do you think you can give me some honorable websites that have some of this evidence of his forcing of his religion on us so I can see for my own eyes?

  11. #36

    Join Date
    27-08-03
    Posts
    376


    Country: United_States



    Quote Originally Posted by nikki_the_insane
    Do you think you can give me some honorable websites that have some of this evidence of his forcing of his religion on us so I can see for my own eyes?
    Oh God, that's all over the internet, in practically every news article, TV source, etc. Believe me, it would not be difficult for you to find. Just do an internet search and you'll find PLENTY!!! It's been discussed since he took office. Good luck!

  12. #37

    Join Date
    27-08-03
    Posts
    376


    Country: United_States



    Hi Nikki,

    I just thought I should point out the reason I suggested you do your own internet search. You asked me if I knew of any "honorable" web sites. Since my idea of "honorable" and your idea of "honorable" may differ, that is why I thought you might have better luck on your own. For instance, I don't consider Fox News an "honorable" news source (not many people do), but maybe you would. But there's a lot of information out there on this subject, so you shouldn't have any problem turning up information. Good luck!

    Satori

  13. #38
    Ramen Lover :3 nikki_the_insane's Avatar
    Join Date
    31-10-03
    Location
    Under my refridgerator
    Age
    32
    Posts
    22


    Ethnic group
    fourth french, fourth Niguaraguian
    Country: United_States



    Quote Originally Posted by Satori
    Hi Nikki,

    I just thought I should point out the reason I suggested you do your own internet search. You asked me if I knew of any "honorable" web sites. Since my idea of "honorable" and your idea of "honorable" may differ, that is why I thought you might have better luck on your own. For instance, I don't consider Fox News an "honorable" news source (not many people do), but maybe you would. But there's a lot of information out there on this subject, so you shouldn't have any problem turning up information. Good luck!

    Satori
    Yeah, I had read your post before and was thinking, 'well she didn't give me any sites,' but I understand your point when we have different ideas of 'honorable.' Thanks for clearing that out for me. :)

  14. #39
    観察するのが好きです cacawate's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-07-03
    Location
    マングリ島
    Age
    39
    Posts
    14


    Ethnic group
    諾威/Norwegian
    Country: United States



    Back on topic.

    I found this. We are being "called " some more.

    http://www.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/europe/07/23/text.bush/

    Quote Originally Posted by CNN.com
    The text of the statement by President George W. Bush to Pope John Paul II:

    Your Holiness, thank you so much.

    Mrs. Bush and I are honoured to stand with you today. We are grateful for your welcome.

    You have been to America many times, and spoken to vast crowds.

    You have met with four American presidents before me, including my father.

    In every visit, and every meeting -- including our meeting today -- you have reminded America that we have a special calling to promote justice, and to defend the weak and suffering of the world.

    We remember your words, and we will always do our best to remember our calling.

    Since October of 1978, you have shown the world, not only "the splendour of truth," but the power of truth to overcome evil and redirect the course of history.

    You have urged men and women of good will to take to their knees before God -- and to stand, unafraid, before tyrants.

    And this has added greatly to the momentum of freedom in our time.

    Where there is oppression, you speak of human rights. Where there is poverty, you speak of justice and hope.

    Where there is ancient hatred, you defend and display a tolerance that reaches beyond every boundary of race and nation and belief.

    Where there is great abundance, you remind us that wealth must be matched with compassion and moral purpose.

    And always, to all, you have carried the Gospel of life, which welcomes the stranger and protects the weak and innocent.

    Every nation, including my own, would benefit from hearing and heeding this message of conscience.

    Above all, you have carried the message of the Gospel into 126 nations, and into the Third Millennium, always with courage and confidence.

    You have brought the love of God into the lives of men. And that good news is needed in every nation and every age.

    Thank you again, Your Holiness, for your kindness, and the honour of this meeting.
    「まんぐりますか?」
    「まんぐりますよ 。」

  15. #40
    Occasional visitor
    Join Date
    21-05-04
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    34


    Ethnic group
    Japanese
    Country: Ireland



    One of many instances where Bush's religious beliefs has impacted the citizens of the US is how he signed that partial birth abortion ban (which was clearly unconstitutional, and cost a LOT of taxpayer's money in the courts until it was ruled against very recently):

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3768331.stm

    I live in a country where church and state really aren't separate, and I have many, many strong issues with this situation, especially when a rapidly growing percentage of residents here do NOT belong to the faith in question. Even if they did, laws should not, imo, be passed to enforce a particular religious doctrine.

  16. #41
    Manga Psychic PaulTB's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-01-04
    Posts
    79


    Country: United_Kingdom



    Quote Originally Posted by nekosasori
    I had a look at that article.

    "This court concludes that the act is unconstitutional because it poses an undue burden on a woman's ability to choose a second trimester abortion; is unconstitutionally vague; and requires a health exception,"

    I quite agree with the last point, the second point is the sort of thing judges should get to decide on, but the first one I'd be rather more dubious about and not because of religious beliefs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Do you use supermarket home delivery services ?
    By Maciamo in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-09-11, 17:36
  2. Bush sings a tune for us
    By strongvoicesforward in forum Humour & Tests
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 16-07-06, 17:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •