What makes you happy

Thats why kirei's my lady.
Its a connection :winklove:

NITHER, a HHA/CNA

Golgo_13 said:
Howaito-san,

Are you a physician? Or a vet?

For about 10 years now I've been taking care of people in their homes.Now days I do elderly men.
Most have had a heart attack, stroke, or some type of medical problem that leaves them unable to take care of
themselves. Many would have to go to a nurseing home
if they didn't have help to stay in their homes. I help them get up, bath, get dressed, and get their meals.
I do their house cleaning & laundry, grocery shopping,
help with their pets if they have any.Some are bed-ridden,
some dying, some paralized from an accident.
I feel it's real important to help them stay in their own home. Most older men feel more comfortable with a male nurse close to their own age. I usually stay with them for
a few years before they pass away. It's a great job, I get to be part of their families. Each one has something to teach me, kinda like a living library. I wish I had found this job when I was younger!

Frank

Frank, that sounds cool.. I bet there is some wise words said by the elderly! I think that is why I look up to my grandpa, and his brothers. You would be amazed at how much I look like him and his twin brother did when they were my age. Its scary! but anyways, I always hate when you find something, too late.

1. family and friends
2. snowboarding
3. country music
4. J-pop

A warm, sunny Sunday afternoon on my front porch with a stack of manga to read and Pink Lady blaring away on my iPod! Heavenly!
:)

1. Forests
2. Dreaming
3. Satan
4. The piercing of flesh with my teeth, and that first tint of blood.

And I love cocaine.
What I love about this post is the way it so rapidly and elegantly establishes an airy feeling of serenity which is totally obliterated by the conclusion.

-bitter chocolate
-books
-curiosity
-the Sun

-Retirement (if you're prepared and psychologically ready, it can't be beat)
-Old movies (I cry watching The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance)
-Holding hands
-Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream (if it's my birthday, with Angel Food cake)

-Retirement (if you're prepared and psychologically ready, it can't be beat)
-Old movies (I cry watching The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance)
-Holding hands
-Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream (if it's my birthday, with Angel Food cake)

You sound like a lovely man. :) Welcome.

How would you say a person ought to prepare for retirement so as to be well and fully psychologically ready?

Well, I'm not certain how you mean that based on your previous posts. I simply meant save enough, pay off your debt, and be ready to accept and enjoy a life in which nobody, outside of your wife, cares what you do or say. Some people can't accept the loss of power/prestige/importance they had achieved during their employed life. By the way, I think that latter comment applies to both corporate executives and house painters. Both got to some position of earned respect that won't exist in retirement.

enjoy a life in which nobody, outside of your wife, cares what you do or say.
Thank you. Although I do appreciate somewhat the respect I've gradually earned over the course of my short career, I am very ready for what you describe. Frankly I wish people cared far less about what I say than they do now. As it is I struggle to be ignored; a state of life where I am effortlessly ignored sounds like bliss.

1. Forests
2. Dreaming
3. Satan
4. The piercing of flesh with my teeth, and that first tint of blood.

And I love cocaine.
So you're a cocaine addicted vampire...

This thread has been viewed 33995 times.

Back