Suicide

some recent info:
http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?click_id=126&art_id=qw1086927841956B215&set_id=1

(I've copied the info from the link below, because it requires registration soon, and the article may go bye-bye....
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/06/11/1086749889731.html?oneclick=true
Japan's record suicide rate
June 11, 2004 - 4:47PM
More Japanese committed suicide last year than ever before as poor economic conditions drove greater numbers to end their own lives, the government said today.

Suicides rose 7.1 per cent to 32,082 in 2003 from 29,949 the year before, the Health Ministry said. It was the sixth leading cause of death after cancer, heart disease and other illnesses.

Japan's economy has started to rebound in recent years amid rising exports to Asia, but years of sluggish growth have lifted unemployment and forced large numbers into personal bankruptcy.

Suicide was the leading cause of death among men in their 50s, a population segment disproportionately affected by corporate restructuring.

"Men in their 50s are probably the hardest hit by unemployment and economic slump," said Tsutomu Ishiyama, a ministry official in charge of the statistics.

Suicide also was the No 1 cause of death among those in their 20s and 30s, the age groups that are less likely to die from illnesses, he said.

Overall, men accounted for nearly three-quarters of suicides.

and although the tabloid source makes you take it with a grain of sugar, this guy seems like he deserves the honorary Incompetence award: http://www.despair.com/demotivators/incompetence.html
http://mdn.mainichi.co.jp/waiwai/face/0406/0611kubozuka.html
maybe he just wants attention... :D

Frank D. White said:
Watching so many people die in terrible pain, soooo
slow and painful a death!! I feel if some one has a terminal illness that will lead to a long lingering death
that will be painful for the person and the loved ones
around him; suicide should be an option.
Not quite as clear to me, is an older person who has no one left around him. Although not dying, their life consists of just sitting around waiting for death to take them; they hate life and want to die, should they be able to commit suicide, maybe?

Frank

:?

Euthanasia, is it equivalent to suicide? :?

suzu said:
It surprises me how many different kinds of people can be suicidal. Alot of my friends have been suicidal, 3 of them have been hospitalized at one point or another. One friend was in a total lock down for 3 months, we didn't know what had happened to her and we were worried alot. We thought that she had succeded because no had heard from her. Thank goodness she is ok, we would all miss her.
Another totally surprised because she was so cheery, she was never sad around any of us. She was so normal that none of us suspected anything. She is ok now too, I'm really glad that none of them actually went through with it.

A friend of mine is a posthumus baby... Up to now he still thinks his father is stupid because he committed suicide. I used to be suicidal that from my teens to my early twenties. I'm now in my late twenties but I'm ok. Oh boy, it was a tough battle but I found out that surrounding myself with happy thoughts, having wonderful friends and improving myself helped me a lot!! :spray:

Suicide is the last thing you want to do with yourself. The first thing you should do, always, and forever hold your dove, is believe in yourself, and roll with the punches, not choose to suffer from them.

*incantates Saint Sakaki Anderson of Daiodelphia to protect those who have suicidal thoughts*

Suicide is pretty bad. It's horrible for someone to go through suicidal feelings (like i did), but in retrospect it's selfish. You want to end your life because of your pain, but you don't bother to think of the pain your death will cause others. Sadly, most people in depression cannot see this. It's horrible for anyone to go through depression and suicidal feelings, and I try to help those that do.

Suicide isnt really a big deal to me. Everyone and they mama wants to do it at some point, even if they arent serious, and I've just been jaded to the concept. I 'suffer' from chronic depression, suicidal tendancies, all that other poppycock, but I've learned some things from it.

1: Nothing is that important; especially one another.

People used to get me upset, for whatever reason, but believing that they are equally worthless to me, has helped a lot.

2: You'll be dead one day anyway.

Why force it? Accept that you'll be dead soon, and stop thinking about it. Get on with your worthless life, or not.

3: Stop caring.

Apathy is the one thing that isnt being publicized enough. People need to be more apathetic. Just stop caring. Nothing is that important, and nothing will ever be. Eventually everything and everyone will die, so just get over whatever pitiful 'problems' you may think are driving you to ending your worthless little life, and just suffer like every other human on the planet. There's no getting around it. Just make your life easier, and accept it, then move on. You'll be surprised how much that helps.

you see your wrong life is not wortheless with our short time in this world you need to get out and find inner peace within you. Go out for walks go to parks medatate even!!! if your smart youll use the time you have alive and make it worth while. It what ive done and im extreamly happy :p good luck

I once was going through a bad part of my life and i was thinking about commiting suicide....

After hours of thinking, i decided to solve my problems and here i am today :)

I believe that if someone commits suicide they are very weak minded and they are not thinking about the people that love them and are so busy thinking about the people that dislike them.

the world is a messed up place you just got to learn to deal with it.

My final thought is if you think your problems are bad their is always someone else worst off.

Just think about it.

Hopefully someone learns from this.

RockLee said:
As far as them suicide-bombers....they are just a bunch of brainwashed retards...I call their religion a HOAX...created by some powerhungry goons who liked to dominate women and think THEIR OWN religion is THE ONLY GOOD ONE??? Pleaaaaaase!!! Pathetic!!!! :eek:kashii:

Woah, woah!! Let's not go around and insult other people's religions or cultures!! Anyway, suicide bombers do not always blow themselves up for their religion or for the beleif that they will get a free ticket to heaven.

Often, military groups or the enemy govornment who want people to blow themselves up will pay the family a lot money if the person does this, and the father of the family will offer to do this because the amount of money the family will get after he dies will be more than he will ever earn in his entire life if he lived. In order to provide for his family, the father will strap on a bomb and detonate himself where he was hired to do, and the "employer" gives the money to the family.

This purpose of this kind of suicide is to sacrifice onself for the good of the many, or one's family.

Suicide is so large a topic from Euthanasia (medically assisted suicide, and in some cases, termination by another person) to suicide bombers, not to mention places like ASH (not writing full acronym, an info site/newsgroup a bit too informative)... and cults like Solar Temple, etc...

My mother has finished herself off when I was 9. The circumstances to why are irrelevant, at least she had the dignity to take HER life and not the lives of the 3 kids sleeping upstairs. I am sick of people with their "I'm sorry" bits because they have no clue what suicide means, and the circumstances involved both for the one inviting death and the ones living around that personal invite. I woudln't say "apathy" is a solution to prevent one's self from committing suicide as a previous poster exclaimed a bit oo energetically (thus it can't be true apathy) but there are a lot of people who out of rationalism, emotion and logic, live for their emotions and garbage the other two in the process. They're more at risk to committing suicide on a whim, but that's about it.

My personal views on suicide are that I have given myself a mission in life, start a legacy, a family and friends network of loyalty, honor and respect. I will make that vision come true, or *die trying*, not kill myself if I get a setback. The only times I'd see suicide as a valid option (I checked the rules, I stop here)

As for other people willing to terminate their lives for their own reasons and circumstances, they can go right ahead, one law I would like to see in effect is that if you do kill yourself AND other people, all your life's wealth should be seized and devoted to people still living so they can live a normal life from other suidide scenarios.

Suicide is often called the "Permanent Solution to a Temporary Problem" ... I'd prefer people do this than the "Temporary Solution to a Permanent Problem" which is covering up lies, hypocrisy and bullshit with a smile, money, or other forms of dishonest BS.

Knives said:
you see your wrong life is not wortheless with our short time in this world you need to get out and find inner peace within you. Go out for walks go to parks medatate even!!! if your smart youll use the time you have alive and make it worth while. It what ive done and im extreamly happy :p good luck

I'm gonna start breaking rules, but most of the forum regulars know me well enough to know that breaking rules is what I do best....

First, go to hell. You are nobody to tell me that I'm wrong in my choice of how I perceive my life. Telling me I'm wrong in how I'm living my life, is like telling me I'm wrong in how I choose to spell my name. Its my choice, and I'll be goddessdamned if some bourgeious peon such as yourself will tell me otherwise.

Second, believe it or not, I am actually a practicing Buddhist. I've went so far as to study in a local monastary for 3 years. So telling me that I need to meditate is like telling the Goddess herself that she needs to learn how to be more divine. Unlike you, and most of the other humans on this pathetic planet, I've not lived my life merely for the retarded ambition of being 'happy'. I dont care if I live my life in happiness, misery, enjoyment, hatred, whatever. Unlike most people, I couldnt care less about that worthless ideologies.

Thirdly; did I mention where you need to go? I did, in fact. You are telling me I need to find inner peace? I actually HAVE inner peace. Thats why people like you are worthless to me. Because I've understood my life from my angle, and I understand that nothing is worth anything, in that, nothing is worth getting upset over, there is no happiness, thereby alleviating any form of sadness, there is no misery, there is no joy, just a stagnant, needless flow of mindlessness, and because of that acceptance, I've gained a level of intermediate enlightenment, thereby freeing myself from any constraint, be it emotions of happiness, sadness, and the like I've explained before.

So I've mentioned practicing Buddhism. But my actions seem otherwise, right? All that bruhaha about love, and peace, is a load of crap. If you fuddle your worthless lives with love, journeys for peace, and all that other dribble, you are completely defying the goal of what philosophies like Buddhist, Zen, Satanism, all the stuff that I study preach. Sure on the surface, they cloud peoples thoughts with goals of gaining love for all worthless beings, and maybe thats fine for some people, but the beauty of the philosophies is that none are restricted to the single path of love to gain enlightenment, and freedom from suffering in this worthless reality. I am living *or dying* proof of that. I've gained that freedom, not by spending time loving myself, or 'finding' myself, or my inner peace, but by just letting everything go. Attachments for worthless people, dettachments for worthless emotions, and acceptance of inevitablity in life.

So that whole search for inner peace has been reached for me, in my own special way. And you are beyond foolish if you think you can even attempt to tell me that my path to my goal is wrong, or my choice in life is wrong. And if you try to tell me again, you know where you can go, dont you?

Okay admins, I've broken the code of conduct for this thread, but I couldnt hold back. Go ahead and ban me, I think I've earned it.

Kintaro said:
My mother has finished herself off when I was 9. The circumstances to why are irrelevant, at least she had the dignity to take HER life and not the lives of the 3 kids sleeping upstairs. I am sick of people with their "I'm sorry" bits because they have no clue what suicide means, and the circumstances involved both for the one inviting death and the ones living around that personal invite. I woudln't say "apathy" is a solution to prevent one's self from committing suicide as a previous poster exclaimed a bit oo energetically (thus it can't be true apathy) but there are a lot of people who out of rationalism, emotion and logic, live for their emotions and garbage the other two in the process. They're more at risk to committing suicide on a whim, but that's about it.

Winter. Winter. Its Winter. That so hard to remember?

Oh, and I'm sorry about your mother.

Remember guys, all you are getting mad at is a bunch of 1 and 0 s. It is possible to express an viewpoint without personal attacks, but if someone does, don't respond in kind - that is how things get nasty.

firstly WINTER....he was not trying to mention your nickname...and secondly...because you had a bad life you don't have to be so f****** negative the whole time...if all ppl were thinking like you then the world would be pretty bad...lighten up man...there are some good things in this world, but just because you had bad stuff happened to you,(which I'm sorry for everybody who has) doesn't have to mean you have to be so damn mindset on the bad aspects...for my part TOPIC CLOSED!!! (had to say that too for a sec)

@Foxtrot Uniform : If wouldn't even want to die just for supporting my family!!..I'd just work damn harder...a man's life is more important then to blow yourself up for some bad cause!!! --> Brainwashed (religion)

Every war lately is because of Religion...DAMN religion !! :(

RockLee said:
firstly WINTER....he was not trying to mention your nickname...and secondly...because you had a bad life you don't have to be so f****** negative the whole time...if all ppl were thinking like you then the world would be pretty bad...lighten up man...there are some good things in this world, but just because you had bad stuff happened to you,(which I'm sorry for everybody who has) doesn't have to mean you have to be so damn mindset on the bad aspects...for my part TOPIC CLOSED!!! (had to say that too for a sec)

Lets see...if all people thinking like me....then the world would be pretty bad...hmm..interesting view. [I do not agree] Its not like the world isnt already pretty bad. Doesnt seem like my thought process would make a difference.

And who says I'm negative all the time? Why, thats hardly the case. Only some of the time. The other portion of the time, I'm just terribly brutal with my honesty, and blunt perspective on things. Thats not negative, just truthful.

And I never disagreed that there arent good things in this world, I just dont care about them. Why is that so wrong? My thought process isnt wrong. It may be wrong for [some] people , but does that mean its wrong period? I wouldnt think so.

And again, I'm not fixated on the negative things of life. I give all aspects a good deal of thought; right before I dismiss them completely. Nothing wrong about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
do as you please...you seem to have all the wisdom you need allready !! :)

And your posts were a little bit at the negative side...that's what I meant by it :haihai:

Last edited by a moderator:
Winter I kow you think i could never understand the indignation you have gone through to make you the way you are but you really dont need to bring it here i may be new but i would apreaciate it if you would be a little more considerate of peoples feelings. I have lost loved ones family and friends to suicide I have even lost a brother to murder those are people that i will never get back i went into a patch just like the times you are seeing now then i said some of the stuff like you said above to the wrong people and i was sent to an asylum i was in and out of those 4 diffrent times then i was sent to boot camp and then to an all boys home there is where i learned discipline the hard wayfor almost 2 years i had no contact with the outside world i couldn't even see my family on Christmas or anyother day for that much but these are things i have not told anyone for years and i felt i needed to share them with you because some of the stuff you say can be miss interpreted and you will end up in the same boat i was in. I am not telling you you have to conform to the ways of society i am just saying just watch what you say and that there is still time to change the road your on it is never too late. Thank you for hearing my words i just hope they have not fallen upon def ears.

Winter, I think you're sweet.

:D :D :D

but hey, suicide, who cares, its not something I can ban someone from doing, so I couldn't care less whether they do it, as long as they dont jump off a building and land on me, and like Winter said, we're all dust anyway.

I love humanity's double standards: we all say, once in a while, that you should respect another persons choice, yet nobody will respect another persons choice of suicide: why?

oh yeah, funny thing about suicide: a law in New York states that:

"the penalty for jumping from a building is death" :D

If anyone is still reading this, I just want to say;

It seems you were talking about religion before, and I want to point out that other than to take care of the people you love and who love you, there isn't a reason for living suggested.

That is why I believe that there must be more than the life we see here. Do you think we are just random blobs who just happened to gain intelligence? The one religion that stands out to me; Christianity. A God who loves the people he's created, and a reason for living and a hope for the future.

This thread has been viewed 57996 times.

Back