Ray Charles dies at 73

thomas

Unswerving bicyclist
Reaction score
R&B music legend Ray Charles dies (BBC News)

_40258681_charles203index.jpg

Seems like a lot of people are just reaching that age....what a shame.

I was very saddened to hear about Ray Charles. Truly a legend, he was. All I can hear now is, "Georgia, georgia..."

By the way, did anyone hear what another one of my favorites, Morrissey, announced at a concert of his?

kirei_na_me said:
I was very saddened to hear about Ray Charles. Truly a legend, he was. All I can hear now is, "Georgia, georgia..."

I personally, have the Pepsi commercials stuck in my head..."You got the Right One, baby"

Gee thanks, Smoker, now I've got it stuck in my head :p ... "you got the right one baybayyy..." ...with those girls on the piano?

Never heard the song?? Lucky me I suppose :D

It is with the passing of giants like these that we sadly learn how much they gave us, and how desolate the future looks when we try and think of who has enough class, talent, and charm to become as much an icon of American music as Mr. Charles will always be.

Personally, I have that scene from the Blues Brothers - the shake your tailfeather one - stuck in my head :)

Mandylion said:
It is with the passing of giants like these that we sadly learn how much they gave us, and how desolate the future looks when we try and think of who has enough class, talent, and charm to become as much an icon of American music as Mr. Charles will always be.

Definitely, Mandylion. Well said.

I Think Of ....

Eddie Murphy on Saturday Night Live doing him & Stevie Wonder.

Frank
:blush:

Ray Charles Dies at 73

The great Ray Charles died today from liver disease at the age of 73. Ray Charles was one of the greatest musicians to ever live. When he sang or played his music could make you smile or it could tear your heart out and make you cry. A hard life gave him is wonderful sound and his power to make each note of music carry a lifetime of feeling. There will never be another like Ray Charles!

This one's for you Ray!

God must need somone to teach the angels to sing!

What a bunch of wonderful memories :bravo: still just a shame when they are gone. :bawling:

kirei_na_me said:

By the way, did anyone hear what another one of my favorites, Morrissey, announced at a concert of his?

:( Please Please not my favorite state i grew up in....Man, i was sad when i heard he died. What A TALENT! to be blind and able to play the piano as well as he did! my goodness, what a bad week... :souka:

will miss Brother Ray.....always liked his tune in Planes, Trains and Automobiles...with John Candy jamming out on the dashboard....just before all hell breaks loose when things just go from bad to worse on the highway..... :eek:

den4 said:
will miss Brother Ray.....always liked his tune in Planes, Trains and Automobiles...with John Candy jamming out on the dashboard....just before all hell breaks loose when things just go from bad to worse on the highway..... :eek:

I had forgotten all about that scene. Thanks for the reminder.

Aw man...

First Ronny, now Ray!? Who's next that's famous to kick the bucket, Queen Elizabeth or Pope John Paul II?
Farewell, Mr. Charles. :(

This thread has been viewed 17016 times.

Back