Life on other planets?

That's it, we have found another planet like Earth. Apparently it is slightly bigger than Earth with temperatures averaging 0 to 40'C (as opposed to -60'C to +60'C on Earth).

It's exciting! :happy:
Of course, there may be no life on the planet, but still... it's still a way interesting discovery. :)

Any logical person cannot possibly fathom the thought that Earth is the only inhabitable planet on Earth. With that said their HAS to be other signs of life out there.

What about Nibiru?

What does pseudoscience have to do with life on other planets?

Well for one there is shit load of evidence that shows these other people from this planet came down here and blah blah. I'm sure you heard rest of the story. Also how can it lack evidence when evidence has clearly been found. So "Nibiru" has a lot to do with this thread life on other planets don't you think so smart one? ;) ha

I don't think so. Because we exist, it isn't a reason something like us in any form would exist elsewhere.

Last edited:
New discovery:

Scientists have confirmed that much of the water on earth is older than the sun — which could indicate the existence of life on other worlds.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/s...-chance-of-life-on-other-planets-9760751.html

All the elements (oxygen and water included) heavier than Helium and Lithium in our solar system were created during explosion of a massive star, the supernova. After this explosion (a billion years or two later) this huge cloud of gas and new elements coalesced into our solar system, and few others, our neighbors. When most of it collapsed into a big ball of matter, under its own gravity, it ignited nuclear fusion and our Sun was created. Rest of matter, which did not collapse into our Sun made the rest of planets with water on them. That's why our Sun is a billion years younger than all the elements on planets. The hydrogen and helium in our sun is old as universe, but life of our Sun counts from first ignition.

It doesn't mean that our water was on other planets in other solar systems before coming to Earth. After explosion of Multanova water was flying through space for millions of years till it found earth and landed on it. Probably in shape of comets, the big snowballs in space. We don't have them too many now, but at the beginning of our system, there could have been billions of them, bombarding young Earth every minute.

All the elements (oxygen and water included) heavier than Helium and Lithium in our solar system were created during explosion of a massive star, the supernova. After this explosion (a billion years or two later) this huge cloud of gas and new elements coalesced into our solar system, and few others, our neighbors. When most of it collapsed into a big ball of matter, under its own gravity, it ignited nuclear fusion and our Sun was created. Rest of matter, which did not collapse into our Sun made the rest of planets with water on them. That's why our Sun is a billion years younger than all the elements on planets. The hydrogen and helium in our sun is old as universe, but life of our Sun counts from first ignition.

It doesn't mean that our water was on other planets in other solar systems before coming to Earth. After explosion of Multanova water was flying through space for millions of years till it found earth and landed on it. Probably in shape of comets, the big snowballs in space. We don't have them too many now, but at the beginning of our system, there could have been billions of them, bombarding young Earth every minute.

Finally, proof of intelligent life on Earth. Just when I was beginning to have some doubts.

Finally, proof of intelligent life on Earth. Just when I was beginning to have some doubts.

It is big finding, science made progress:

"Scientists have confirmed that much of the water on earth is older than the sun — which could indicate the existence of life on other worlds.

Researchers found that much of the water on Earth and across the system predates the sun, which could mean that other planets in the had access to water as they were being formed. That would likely be required to sustain life on any of those planets, as it has done on earth, the researchers said."

It is big finding, science made progress:

"Scientists have confirmed that much of the water on earth is older than the sun — which could indicate the existence of life on other worlds.

Researchers found that much of the water on Earth and across the system predates the sun, which could mean that other planets in the had access to water as they were being formed. That would likely be required to sustain life on any of those planets, as it has done on earth, the researchers said."

So you either didn't read or didn't understand what LeBrok wrote.

No. Of course, with pleasure I read what LeBrok wrote.
But I cannot quote original scientific paper, published in renowned Journal: "Science" (that would be the right thing, not a newspaper article):
http://www.sciencemag.org/content/345/6204/1590.full
We can't get behind Sign In screen, however they wrote this in their summary:
Water throughout the solar system exhibits deuterium-to-hydrogen enrichments, a fossil relic of low-temperature, ion-derived chemistry within either (i) the parent molecular cloud o
Eluded to gas cloud after Supernova explosion, before becoming of our solar system, I guess.
We know that water is in space and we found it on Moon, on Saturn's moon Europa, every comet flying by Earth, in clouds after Supernova explosions (by analyzing light spectrums coming from the cloud), etc.
Moon Europea, one big iceball.
Europa-moon.jpg

Perhaps, there is something else revolutionary in this research (we can't access it to see), but not the idea that water is also on other planets and space. We know that for decades.

We can't get behind Sign In screen, however they wrote this in their summary:
Eluded to gas cloud after Supernova explosion, before becoming of our solar system, I guess.
We know that water is in space and we found it on Moon, on Saturn's moon Europa, every comet flying by Earth, in clouds after Supernova explosions (by analyzing light spectrums coming from the cloud), etc.
Moon Europea, one big iceball.
Perhaps, there is something else revolutionary in this research (we can't access it to see), but not the idea that water is also on other planets and space. We know that for decades.

Yes LeBrok, and of course devil is in details.

The question is when and where the water (the ice) ensued.

In interstellar medium before the Sun formation?
or Inside solar nebula? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nebular_hypothesis

Yes LeBrok, and of course devil is in details.

The question is when and where the water (the ice) ensued.

In interstellar medium before the Sun formation?
or Inside solar nebula? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nebular_hypothesis
In interstellar cloud of gases after explosing of Supernowa. When the cloud cooled enough oxygen and hydrogen fused together creating water.

In interstellar cloud of gases after explosing of Supernowa. When the cloud cooled enough oxygen and hydrogen fused together creating water.

I think so, too.

There is a difference between approaches of interstellar medium and solar nebula, in first case it is greater similarity between different planetary systems when interstellar ices/water are included into rotating circumstellar disks, in second case there would be much greater differences in terms of ice/water between different planetary systems in Universe, depending of more factors.

If judging by abstract and newspaper articles authors gave some proofs concerning the first approach.

Has anybody considered the possibility of human's depleting the natural resources on Earth and having the inhabit another planet? Such as water.
saltwatersmall_zpsptmdlacn.png

What is your opinion of this ad?

This thread has been viewed 86389 times.

Back