Life on other planets?

cross-platform

Just some dude....
Reaction score
Ethnic group
.25 Irish, .25 Finnish, .25 German, .25 Swiss
Has anyone here seen this? Do you think there is a possibility of life on other planets?

IMO, I think it is very probable that there are other planets with life. There appear to be a lot of planets in the galaxy, and probably in the universe, it seems hard to believe that there isn't life somewhere out there. If you want to get into the mathematics about it, read up about the Drake Equation.

oh, there is life on other planets.....whether any of it is intelligent is debatable, tho... :D

just like the dominant life forms here.....no, not humans, bacteria! :D

I'm sure there is life on other planets but I doubt that any of us will be alive if contact is made.

I think the next closest life form that could be found is a silicon-based one. I remember writing an article on it back in college but alot of it has slipped my memory.

Last edited:
Of course there's life on other planets! It would be extremely egocentric and arrogant to say there isn't! :p

@Glenn
I'd rather say "Search for Terrestrial Intelligence" :D

Yes of course there is life on other planets.
Those who think we are the only living beings in the universe needs a smack on the back of their head.

Just the chances of us and another life form being on the same evolution for contact is the rare part. I mean, if life on Earth was a 2 hour video then human take up about the last 30 seconds. I got that from an Astrology class and it is true. So imagine the rest of the Universe.

I dont really know what to believe. But i dont believe in Aliens, i think people are just wishing for that. Our planet is just so unique, so different. To be honest i think we are the only planet in the whole universe to have life, but they is bacteria on other planets, and water has been found on them.
But people thinking that Aliens and stuff likt that exists, is just thinking wishfully. So im abit of a 50/50.

We are truly unique.

We arn't unique at all.
And how do you know "Aliens" arn't out there?
See you sound like everyone else.
"We are the only life, everything else is a tiny germ life form"
And you state our planet is unique. How? Because it supports life?
Yes, it supports OUR lives, but how about all these new planets being found? What if they can support Alien life forms for them to live on , but not us?
If that's the case will you state that it isn't unique because we can't live on it?
That's what i'm getting from the response here.
What makes our planet unique but others not?
And how can you say we are truely the only "living beings"? Are you god? Did you create everything beyond the earth?
What if some day we are invaded by outside life forms?
You will be like every other person hideing and saying it's not real untill some sort of gun is to your head.

So to end this: No we are nothing unique. Unique are those planets which we found out about, yet know nothing of which can truely have a life form beyond our very dreams.

Edit: Oh and to add. Your stateing all this about the bacteria being on the planets, but we tend to forget every living thing on this planet started off as a bacteria. Think about it.

I like to keep an open mind, so I do believe in extraterrestrial lifeforms outside of the Earth, and also the paranormal to a certain extent. :)
I've yet to see a ghost or spirits or whatever, but I'd like to. I'd be cooler to see aliens too (and not in bacterial hard-to-see-with-the-naked-eye type of alien, that is).

Arekkusu said:
I get scared of the same thing sometimes and also invading other planets as well. I get frightened if the atomosphere suddenly changes by any influence from the earth, we explode the other planets...

It is so fascinating to see what is out in space, that almost drives me crazy!

Arekkusu said:
We arn't unique at all.
And how do you know "Aliens" arn't out there?
See you sound like everyone else.
"We are the only life, everything else is a tiny germ life form"
And you state our planet is unique. How? Because it supports life?
Yes, it supports OUR lives, but how about all these new planets being found? What if they can support Alien life forms for them to live on , but not us?
If that's the case will you state that it isn't unique because we can't live on it?
That's what i'm getting from the response here.
What makes our planet unique but others not?
And how can you say we are truely the only "living beings"? Are you god? Did you create everything beyond the earth?
You will be like every other person hideing and saying it's not real untill some sort of gun is to your head.

So to end this: No we are nothing unique. Unique are those planets which we found out about, yet know nothing of which can truely have a life form beyond our very dreams.

Edit: Oh and to add. Your stateing all this about the bacteria being on the planets, but we tend to forget every living thing on this planet started off as a bacteria. Think about it.

i dint mean any disrespect to anyone, from my ealier post it was my own personal view. Sorry if it seemed that way

misa.j said:
I get scared of the same thing sometimes and also invading other planets as well. I get frightened if the atomosphere suddenly changes by any influence from the earth, we explode the other planets...

It is so fascinating to see what is out in space, that almost drives me crazy!

The problem is if we extend to other planets and try to start "taking them over"(this may never happen for a very long time) and their are other life forms like us it can turn to an all out war.

May sound SiFi-ish , but think about it.
If someone or thing trys to invade us what would we do?
Fight them to the death and try to find a way to get to their planet and do the same and/or take over.
If we do so to a planet with life forms we may get this same counter.

Arekkusu you say that we are not unique, but come to think of it a this moment in time we are. At this moment they is NO PROOF that they is life on another planets ! so that makes us different ! we are very unique. You say whats differeance between our planet and others ? our planet can sustain life, is in a perfect orbit, perfect temperature. Your right the universe is very big and they a prob many earth like planets.
But you say about all this invading, you just talking sheer star-trek here. Only sorta of thing i could see, is disease from other planets.
Arekkusu please respect my views, i have yours , your last posted, was abit disrespectful towards me.
But nps, ciao

Luke

We don't need any arguements. Let's just be nice and respect each other's opinion.

It is possible that we are the only life-forms alive at this present time....but it could be possible that life existed prior to us or will after us.

If anybody takes an astronomy class then they will understand this. The two biggest types of life-forms that could be found would be a carbon-based (like humans) and silicon-based lifeforms. Everything has to do with time and evolution and the right mixes.

You say our planet can "sustain" life.
Yes, US but that's all we know now.
How do you know other planets arn't sustaining other life? Look at mars. The little life forms that are as small as germs are living. They lived in those conditions. What says that give or take a couple centeries(SP?) that they won't form into beings adapted to the planet like we did on earth before we were us. Remember as science says we were once little organisums(SP?).

Again, I said it sounds SiFi-ish but what says nothing like that will happen?
Alot of old christ related paintings show UFO looking flying objects in the paintings.
Remember: The paintings are many centeries(SP?) old.
Did that show lies?
Truely I belive we arn't alone and sadly most won't relize the truth untill the last min.

Buddha has a good point with the time and evolution bit, but we can't forget how far these other planets are. It would take life times after life times to just reach one.
So hell knows what is waiting for us.

The other thing is that many animals on earth adapt to the areas they are living in.
What says in these brand new planets found that there arn't life forms living there and adapted to the area? What says they arn't in the planets we grew up around like Jupiter and all.

Think about it like this, what makes us the "Smart" life forms? Because we can think and learn quick and such along those lines? What if a life form we think is dull, stupid, not as smart as us, but we find out they are in diffrent ways, like war fare or even hiding? We think we are the smartest life form because most belive we are the only life forms capible of being what we are. And that's the weak point we have. Things we maybe clueless about maybe the plus side for some kind of life form on another planet.
I truely think we are not alone. I think alot of the items from our past which are here are truely connected to beings which I think came to this world before us as humans were even smart.

I wanna add one last thing. It is proven that we formed from the cave man and monkeys and such like that. Now think about this..we are at the stage of being "smart" life forms. But, at one stage we were as dumb as a rock, but we learned. Stages of evolution happend to us. What says this process isn't going on else where? What if there is a life form smarter than us, and watch our evolution to their benifit?
We just may have to wait and see.

Edit: Oh and you say "At this moment they is NO PROOF that they is life on another planets ! " There is no proof that there isn't as well.

Very good points Arekkusu you certainly know your stuff ! :sorry:

Sorry for ealier comments , ciao

Luke

This thread has been viewed 86391 times.

Back