Life on other planets?

Moreover, I believe that we flew from another planet and settled on planet earth, and by the way, judging by the weather conditions and cataclysms, it's time for us to return home soon, what planet do you think we are from?

Once we find out where they parked the Spaceship, … we’ll search the logs for the Mother Planet :)

There are two sides to this question: applied and fundamental. The fundamental question is of interest to those who are engaged in biology, astronomy, those who want to find life as such and see how different it is from earthly life, how widespread it is in the universe. The rest of humanity is interested in the applied side of this question.
So far we have only one point in the universe where life exists, and that is our planet Earth. It is a reliable spaceship, it has existed for 4.5 billion years, of which 4 billion years have supported life. But that doesn't mean it will always be that way. Earth is threatened by space dangers in the form of asteroids, comets, supernova explosions and so on, not to mention our own man-made problems. Therefore, for future generations, it would be very good to find a spare planet, to resettle part of humanity and transfer there all that has been produced by our civilization over the millennia of its development.

There are two sides to this question: applied and fundamental. The fundamental question is of interest to those who are engaged in biology, astronomy, those who want to find life as such and see how different it is from earthly life, how widespread it is in the universe. The rest of humanity is interested in the applied side of this question.
So far we have only one point in the universe where life exists, and that is our planet Earth. It is a reliable spaceship, it has existed for 4.5 billion years, of which 4 billion years have supported life. But that doesn't mean it will always be that way. Earth is threatened by space dangers in the form of asteroids, comets, supernova explosions and so on, not to mention our own man-made problems. Therefore, for future generations, it would be very good to find a spare planet, to resettle part of humanity and transfer there all that has been produced by our civilization over the millennia of its development.

Mars is the obvious first option for human settlement away from Earth. After that possibly one of the larger moons of Jupiter or Saturn could be an option for a second settlement. Colonies outside of our solar system are much further down the track, but who knows what space travel humans will be capable of in a few hundred years time. In the very long term the Sun will grow to a red giant and consume the Earth. Perhaps the long term strategy will be to find a red dwarf star with a suitable rocky planet. A red dwarf has a much longer life span than a yellow dwarf like the Sun.

So far there is zero definitive evidence of life on other planets, or anywhere else apart from Earth. The widespread belief that there must be life elsewhere in the universe is based on nothing more than an argument from personal incredulity: "I can't believe that in this vast universe with its countless trillions of planets there is life on only one planet". That's not an unreasonable argument, I think that way myself. But I accept that there is no evidence one way or the other, so it's not a scientific belief.

This thread has been viewed 86553 times.

Back