Question Would you chop your hand off if...

Read below then answer :

• I would chop my hand off to save my life

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • I would ask the other person to chop my hand

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • I would panick and eventually faint - and die

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • I would prefer to die rather than live without a hand

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I would commit suicide in desperation rather than dying of poison or living without a hand

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • I would wait and die

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I would do a tourniquet around my wrist and try to go back to the nearest place with anti-venom, eve

Votes: 25 39.7%

• Total voters
Tourniquet sounds like the best answer. If it a very poisonous snake. by the time you get around to cutting your hand off the vemon is already above the wrist. You would be in a panic so the faster heartbeat would make sure the the vemon spreads quickly. There was a report a bout a year back of some australian who got several bites of a sea snake. He survived, but he was several hours away from help. I think the best one I've heard was of some prat in the US. He was drunk and had a bag full of rattlesnake. To prove how hard (See stupid) he was he put his hand in the bag several times and got bitten everytime. He did survive, but the doctor had to amputate the arm.

If you got bit by a taipan chopping your hand off would do absolutely no good because within few seconds of the snake biting you the venom would have worked its way into your system and within 2 mins you would be dead regardless if you cut your hand off or not.

So I guess I would just die if there was no help around because the inland taipan is the most dangerous snake in the world due to the large amount of venom in injects and the damage the venom does to it's victem.

well it depends no which hand...if it was my left hand I'd chop it off...if it was my right hand I'll do the tournaquit!

If I knew having my hand chopped off was the ONLY way for survival and the outcome guaranteed I would continue to live on (and not die of infection) then the decision would be pretty easy: I would surely elect to have my hand chopped off. It sure beats the alternative in my opinion (which would be death.) However, the reality of extreme pain in such a situation would be something to consider, so I'd prefer for the other person to do it for me. Chopping one's own hand off would be slow, clumsy, and excruciating. I would sympathize with having to ask the other person to do it for me because I'm sure it would be psychologically traumatic for him/her but I would explain that his/her being able to perform the task with two able hands could at least speed up the process and shorten my suffering. I apologize if this explanation is a bit graphic but I find it's very logical.

I would lie down and meditate. If of course, the venom did not kill instantly. I would still all my bodily functions
to as low a rate by meditating as I could. I am sure that I would become very ill but I would try to keep breathing.
If I drifted into death I would at least have a whole body to bury.

If I drifted into death I would at least have a whole body to bury.

Ah, you are the one who wants to look handsome even in a coffin. :)
I would rather have people admire my beautiful urn, than to look at my dead body, with or without my hand regardless.

yes i think so

This thread has been viewed 105392 times.

Back